This page aims to help you remove AiraCrop Ransomware for free. Our instructions also cover how any AiraCrop encrypted file can be recovered.
If we can name a truly dangerous type of viruses that is very difficult to be counteracted, surely, this will be Ransomware. The particular version of ransom-demanding software that we are discussing below in our article is AiraCrop. This program typically sneaks into your system without any notification of that and without your knowing or unknowing permission, and then begins to encrypt the files it considers most essential to you. After that ransom is required via an alert message on your screen. All the other typical features and effects of this kind of malware are mentioned in the following paragraphs.
What is AiraCrop and Ransomware?
Basically, judging from its alias, Ransomware is a type of software that does something harmful to your device and then demands ransom to undo its wrongdoings. There are different kinds of ransom-demanding programs that might harm your computer or other devices in various ways. You can read about them below. The basic kinds of ransom-requiring software we are aware of are the following:
- The group of file-encoding programs. This is the biggest and the most well-known subtype of Ransomware. AiraCrop is a version of exactly this kind of Ransomware. What these programs usually do is become a part of your system (via using a Trojan horse virus or automatically after you visit a contagious location). Then they scan all your hard disks for the most often used data. After that these viruses are ready to perform the encryption process. For that purpose they use a double key, consisting of two parts – a public and a private one. After the completion of the process of data encoding, you usually get a full-screen ransom-demanding alert that consists of some additional threats and all the payment details that you may need to send the ransom to the hackers.
- The group of screen-blocking programs. These programs also affect computers like the file-encrypting type. The difference is that no encryption of files actually occurs. Only your monitor becomes inaccessible, because a full-screen alert is displayed and you are unable to access any programs or data. For the purpose of removing this alert, you are required to pay ransom and the notification contains all the necessary payment details.
- The group of Ransomware, affecting mobile devices. The programs from this subgroup affect only mobile phones and act in a way similar to that of the previous type – the screen-locking one. Again, as you might expect, your entire smartphone display is covered with a ransom-demanding notification and you need to pay to be able to use your mobile apps and features.
- Sometimes Ransomware could be used with good or justice-driven intentions. Some security agencies that fight cybercrime use Ransomware-based programs to make hackers pay for their wrongdoings. For example, such a program affects a hacker’s PC and the cybercriminal is required to pay a fine to the government-owned agency. In case the affected criminals don’t comply, all their work could be lost forever.
How you may end up contaminated with AiraCrop
There are many various spreading techniques for such viruses. Here we will mention only the most common ones:
- Malvertising – these dangerous viruses can be distributed via fake, contagious ads. As soon as you click on such an ad, you get infected automatically.
- Spam – Ransomware could be travelling along with a Trojan horse virus inside a spam email or its attachments. As soon as you download and/or open such an attachment or even just open such a letter, you might get infected.
- On all sorts of contagious websites such as torrent, shareware, video and audio-streaming sites.
How to deal with this threat
There is really no solution flexible and functional enough to both remove the virus and save your encrypted files. Whatever you do will be a great risk for your encoded data. That’s why we advise you not to pay the people who are bothering you with threats in the first place. Try another solution first. Buy a special kind of software to decrypt your files or check out our list of free decryptors, which is constantly updated. Follow the instructions from the removal guide compiled by our experts. If nothing else, it will at least remove AiraCrop and that alone is already very important, as it will make sure you don’t fall victim to a second encryption. We cannot promise that the guide will be successful in recovering your files, but it’s worth giving a try. The only thing that successfully works against Ransomware-based viruses is regularly backing up your files. If you do that regularly, no threats will scare you as you will have copies of all your important data.
|Danger Level||High (Ransomware is by far the worst threat you can encounter)|
|Symptoms||Really no noticeable signs of the infection. In some rare case, the encryption process might be perceived because the entire PC might become sluggish as a result of it.|
|Distribution Method||Ways of distributing could vary greatly from malvertising and spam emails, to torrent and video-sharing web pages.|
|Detection Tool||parasite may be difficult to track down. Use SpyHunter - a professional parasite scanner - to make sure you find all files related to the infection.|
AiraCrop Ransomware Encryption Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
- Please note that ransomware may even include a fake Manufacturer name to its process. Make sure you check out every process here is legitimate.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
This is the most important and difficult part. If you delete the wrong file, it may damage your system irreversibly. If you can not do this,
>> Download SpyHunter - a professional parasite scanner and remover.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter. Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name.
Search for the ransomware in your registries and delete the entries. Be extremely careful – you can damage your system if you delete entries not related to the ransomware.
Type each of the following in the Windows Search Field:
Delete everything in Temp. The rest just check out for anything recently added. Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
How to Decrypt files infected with AiraCrop
We have a comprehensive (and daily updated) guide on how to decrypt your files. Check it out here.
Did we help? Share your feedback with us so we can help other people in need!