This page aims to help you remove Api.aalbbh84.info “Virus”. Our removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
Today we are going to talk about some web page-redirects that no one wants to be affected by. They are named browser hijackers and may really influence the usual ways in which your browser apps – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and others, look and behave. What such redirects might be capable of is entirely changing the look of your browsers by setting some absolutely unfamiliar homepages or search engines to them. Or as in the case of Api.aalbbh84.info “virus” cryptocurrency mining. Another modification that might occur is the possible redirection you could experience as a result of these redirects’ incorporation into your browsers. Perhaps the most irritating part of the infection caused by any hijacker are the hundreds of different ads that will be covering your tabs and windows while you are surfing the Internet.
What else we are going to discuss below is one particular representative of these redirects called Api.aalbbh84.info that has become a very common online annoyance recently and has affected many users worldwide.
What’s the purpose of the so-called browser hijackers?
These web page-redirects that might affect you browser apps are actually advertising software tools. People use them to promote something such as a product or a service in the online world. Such redirects function according to the pay-per-click scheme, meaning that the more redirection and ads you are exposed to daily, the more profitable the advertising process is considered to be. Therefore, the creators of this software and the people who sell something and need the audience to purchase it will make a lot of money.
Is there anything malicious about such redirecting software?
Actually, we have not heard anything suspicious about the majority of the existing hijackers. They are mere advertising tools and usually lack any dangerous effects. However, you should take into account the fact that they might have some slightly bothering features such as:
- The redirects such as Api.aalbbh84.info might really affect all the known browsers and there are indeed no exceptions, which could be really annoying.
- Such pages might access and review your browsing history and determine what kind of products/services you are interested in so that such ads could be produced and shown to you later. Maybe this is the most bothering and suspicious feature of the popular hijackers.
- The new homepages and search engines that might be set on your browsers might not be very functional, which could reduce the overall quality of your online experience.
Api.aalbbh84.info “Virus” Removal
If you have a Windows virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab (the “Details” Tab on Win 8 and 10). Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the start menu and search for Network Connections (On Windows 10 you just write it after clicking the Windows button), press enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are using —> Properties —> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), click Properties.
- The DNS line should be set to Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, set it yourself.
- Click on Advanced —> the DNS tab. Remove everything here (if there is something) —> OK.
- After you complete this step, the threat will be gone from your browsers. Finish the next step as well or it may reappear on a system reboot.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut —> Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but you can do this for Firefox and IE (or Edge).
Properties —–> Shortcut. In Target, remove everything after .exe.
Remove Api.aalbbh84.info from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the threat —> Disable. Go to —–> Internet Options —> change the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked) —> Apply.
Remove Api.aalbbh84.info from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click ——-> Add-ons —-> Extensions.
Find the adware/malware —> Remove.
Remove Api.aalbbh84.info from Chrome:
Close Chrome. Navigate to:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. There is a Folder called “Default” inside:
Rename it to Backup Default. Restart Chrome.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Inside, press CTRL and F together and type the threat’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
How could the pages such as Api.aalbbh84.info get distributed without anyone noticing?
Some of the usual sources of such pages are spam, torrents and shareware. The truth is that such redirects may in most of the cases be incorporated into the so-called program bundles. This means you might not be aware of the presence of any hijacker at the moment of downloading and installing a bundle on your computer. That’s why you need to be particularly careful with the installation processes you perform.
Basic installation tips – no matter whether you are installing a bundle or a separate program:
When we are talking about installing anything on your PC, you need to be careful and informed. When you open any installer, you have to read carefully all the EULAs and all the offered ways of installing the software.
Usually, there are two kinds of installation options:
- The Advanced/ Manual/ Customized ones – Such choices feature an installation process which is entirely under your control. This means that all the content of any bundle and all the features of any program will be shown to you so that you can personally choose which one of them you need and which you don’t. In this way you will easily opt out of any suspicious programs, page-redirects and plug-ins included in the bundles. Make sure that these are the steps you use every time you install something into your system.
- The Easy/ Recommended/ Basic ones – Normally, these are the choices that enable a quick installation process. Nonetheless, this might mean that you are not going to be asked what you want on your computer and what you don’t. That way you could end up being bothered by browser redirects and all kinds of online annoyances.
If the infection by Api.aalbbh84.info has already occurred, what could possibly be done?
We have designed a set of instructions to help you remove Api.aalbbh84.info from your computer. Simply follow them closely and you may succeed in this operation.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Some browser app changes including an increased generation of annoying ads and substituted homepages/ search engines.|
|Distribution Method||Via program bundles mostly, possibly via spam and torrents.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!