Bellaciao is a harmful piece of computer malware, and in the following paragraphs, you will learn about its specifics, as well as about the way you can get it removed from your computer in case it ever gets there, or if it has already infected the computer. Bellaciao is a Trojan Horse, and this means a couple of things.
What you can expect from Bellaciao
More research needs to be done in order to determine the exact goal of this particular Trojan. In general, Trojans can be used to spy on you, acquire your banking numbers, infect your computer with Ransomware cryptoviruses, turn your machine into a bot for mining BitCoins, and many more. Those threats are known for their versatile capabilities, and this is one of the things which make them so dreaded.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Bellaciao!
How to remove Bellaciao
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Bellaciao in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Bellaciao from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Bellaciao.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Bellaciao.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Bellaciao from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Bellaciao extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Bellaciao and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Bellaciao on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Bellaciao extension
- Get rid of Bellaciao by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Bellaciao” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Bellaciao
- Open task manager
- Look for the Bellaciao process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Bellaciao
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Bellaciao” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- Each file will be scanned with up to 64 antivirus programs to ensure maximum accuracyThis scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users.This file is not matched with any known malware in the database. You can either do a full real-time scan of the file or skip it to upload a new file. Doing a full scan with 64 antivirus programs can take up to 3-4 minutes per file.Drag and Drop File Here To ScanAnalyzing 0 s
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Bellaciao
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Bellaciao in there
- Uninstall Bellaciao from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Bellaciao-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Bellaciao in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is Bellaciao
Unlike computer viruses, most Trojans do not typically replicate their files, so if you are able to find and delete all of the files, and other elements of a given Trojan, the malware should go away in most instances. There, however, is a problem with finding the files, the Registry keys, and the processes of most Trojans, because threats like Bellaciao, Altruistics, Oneetx.exe tend to disguise them very well. Typically, the file, the process or the Registry key of a Trojan Horse would have a name similar, or identical to that of a system file, process, or Registry key. This is likely to make it difficult for most users to distinguish between a Trojan Horse-related element, and one that is inherent to their system. Also, it is possible that you try to manually remove the Trojan, you end up deleting something that’s coming from your OS, thus causing more damage to the system, and making things worse. This is why you need to be really careful if you try using the guide from down below to remove Bellaciao. Follow its instructions closely, and in case you are unsure about whether or not you should delete something, ask us in the comments about what to do next. Also, you can use the assistance of the recommended removal tool that you will find linked in the Bellaciao removal guide – this anti-malware program can automatically detect the malicious entries in your system, and help you remove them without risk of deleting something that you shouldn’t.
How to protect from Bellaciao
There are many different ways to get infected with a Trojan Horse, and even experienced users may sometimes get tricked by the disguise these threats tend to use. Generally, a lot of Trojans are disguised as software installers of cracked software that users download from pirate sites. If you aren’t careful, you may open the file of some hidden Trojan, and thus release the malware in your computer. This, and the fact that downloading pirated software is illegal, is why you shouldn’t visit such sites and get software from them. Also, keep in mind that spam e-mails and misleading web ads may also carry a Trojan attached to them, so always make sure to not open stuff on the Internet that doesn’t look safe.