*Source of claim SH can remove it.
BestSearch.ai is an invasive application that shows online ads and pop-up messages as soon as it gets installed in the main browser. BestSearch.ai can also produce sudden page redirects through modifications in the search engine and the homepage of your main web browser.
Any program that wants to fill the computer’s screen with advertisements as you search the web can be deemed to be unwelcome. BestSearch.ai seems to be a program of this kind since a significant number of web users have recently voiced their concerns regarding the app’s ability to produce enormous amounts of internet advertisements, irritating banners, pop-up notifications and even automatic page redirects to pages which are primarily focused on the selling of different goods.
In addition to the ad-induced annoyance, the people who have BestSearch.ai on their machines complain that this software will also potentially make unwanted changes to the browser in which it is mounted. A replacement of the homepage address and the default search engine, are two of the possible “improvements” that can be made.
The BestSearch virus
Up until now, we know that the BestSearch virus can integrate with Chrome, Firefox and Opera, but other browsers such as IE, Edge and Safari may also be targets for the unwelcome application. Due to all of its annoying features and behavior, we believe the BestSearch virus can be classified as a browser hijacker.
*Source of claim SH can remove it.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove BestSearch.ai!
How to remove BestSearch.ai
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find BestSearch.ai in the programs list that would show up.
- Select BestSearch.ai from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to BestSearch.ai.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to BestSearch.ai.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove BestSearch.ai from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the BestSearch.ai extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to BestSearch.ai and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of BestSearch.ai on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the BestSearch.ai extension
- Get rid of BestSearch.ai by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “BestSearch.ai” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete BestSearch.ai
- Open task manager
- Look for the BestSearch.ai process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete BestSearch.ai
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “BestSearch.ai” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall BestSearch.ai
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for BestSearch.ai in there
- Uninstall BestSearch.ai from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any BestSearch.ai-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to BestSearch.ai in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is BestSearch.ai?
If you have never heard of browser hijackers before, we should say that these apps, as scary as they may sound, have nothing in common with viruses or malware. Initially, the browser hijackers may appear to be dangerous and quite irritating but they typically don’t attempt to mess with user data or the system as Trojans, ransomware and other malware threats will certainly do.
However, it is still better not to keep BestSearch.ai or any similar app, like Ubeliketheap.com, in your computer and browser because this software, tough lacking any particular harmful abilities, may still contribute to your exposure to viruses and other security hazards, including the aforementioned ransomware and Trojans. Therefore, our suggestion is to uninstall it with the help of reliable removal tool or manually.
What to expect if you have BestSearch.ai in your system?
You would probably have no idea how to handle the browser hijacker and how to remove its nagging ads and unwanted browser “improvements” as the program may not want to get removed the usual way. Most browser hijackers don’t have a quick uninstall option or a menu that allows the users to customize their ad-generating and page-redirecting activities. That’s why a reliable software removal tool is usually the most effective and quick way to get rid of this software. Of course, manual uninstallation is also possible and you can find instructions for that in the removal guide.
In most situations, browser hijackers are included is the installation package of some other application and are typically installed along with it when you run the Automatic setup. The good thing is, if you specifically select the Advanced/Custom installation option in the installer, you can deactivate the hijacker’s installation and avoid the ad disturbance that it may cause.
Leave a Comment