This page aims to help you remove Brandnewcoms.ru Ads “Virus”. These Brandnewcoms.ru Ads “Virus” removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
The article below will show you what the characteristic features of the program called Brandnewcoms.ru are and how to remove the infection, caused by it. Generally speaking, this program is a member of one very widely spread software group known as browser hijackers. Among their distinctive features are accessing your browser apps (like Chrome/ Firefox/ Opera/ Explorer), changing their settings and making them:
- broadcast a big number of sometimes annoying ads in the form of boxes, pop-ups and banners;
- set entirely new and often unknown homepages and search engines;
- redirect you to numerous websites, which you have never wanted to visit, while you are trying to surf the Internet.
Normally, such programs are more or less harmless. What else you should expect when it comes to hijackers and how to successfully deal with them are matters, thoroughly discussed in the text below.
Browser hijackers: how they act and get distributed
As we have mentioned in the paragraph above, hijackers could only infect and change the settings of all your browsers. Whatever browser you are using, you can expect redirecting, ad production and homepage/search engine substituting. Such software is entirely promotion-oriented. The normal sources of browser hijackers are the following:
- Torrents and shareware: Hijackers may come from torrents and shareware, which means that no torrent is safe. Our advice for you is to simply avoid all of them.
- Infected web pages: This is another popular source, as any browser hijacker may infect your computer in case you unintentionally click on a pop-up, produced by a contagious website.
- Program bundling: This process comprises the technique of spreading various programs/ games/ apps together in bundles. Usually these mixes of software are available for free and anyone could access them. Also, this is the most popular source of advertising software. What you should definitely know about this way of distributing Brandnewcoms.ru is that the simple act of downloading a wanted bundle will not infect your computer with a hijacker. However, installing the bundle in a quick and often careless way almost always means getting infected with promotion-oriented programs such as Adware and hijacker-based ones. Please, continue with the next paragraph to find out how to perform a safe installation of any software bundle, and any single program you download from the Internet.
How to avoid the hijackers/ Adware from a bundle, in case we really want another program from it?
It is not difficult to develop safe installation habits. What you need to do is to stay away from all the installation wizard steps that promise you an easy and automatically performed installation process. Such features will usually deprive you of the opportunity to select the exact programs of a bundle, or the exact features of a program, which you need on your computer. The following installation features are to be always avoided: the Default/ the Recommended/ the Typical/ the Easy/ the Quick one. Instead, you should use the Custom (often called the Advanced) feature, which, as its name implies, will let you customize the entire installation process. As a result, you will have the last word when it comes to the features that you want and the programs that you need. Choose wisely and always go with these wizards options.
Why are they developed and why are they mainly considered harmless?
Maybe you are wondering why such software has been created in the first place. However, it is not surprising at all as browser hijackers are exploited for advertising purposes. This means that all their features serve the marketing industry and the possible redirecting and ad production are only the result of the desire of manufacturers to have their products promoted; and of the web developers to earn some additional profit. In general, browser hijackers are normally harmless advertising products, which are considered potentially unwanted due to the possible redirecting and ad generation that they may cause. Still, they are more or less harmless because compared to the usual viruses, like the ones based on Ransomware, they do not have anything in common. As an illustration – if your system has been infected with Ransomware, all your data will face encryption and even destruction. In the case of contamination with Brandnewcoms.ru, only your browsers could face some slight, yet annoying modifications. We have explained them above. What’s more, Ransomware viruses will NEVER have to ask you for your permission to get installed- they do that in an automatic way, while the developers of hijackers are always looking for a way to trick you into approving the installation of Brandnewcoms.ru, for instance. AS fro the removal of Brandnewcoms.ru, please follow the instructions in the Removal Guide below. They should be what you need to perform the uninstallation process properly.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Slight changes in the way your browsers work and look. They might start producing ads; redirecting you to somewhere or changing your default homepages/search engines.|
|Distribution Method||Everywhere on the Internet – mostly as a part of a program bundle; torrent or a contagious web page.|
parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware
Brandnewcoms.ru Ads “Virus” Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the most important step. Do not skip it if you want to remove Brandnewcoms.ru successfully!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab (the “Details” Tab on Win 8 and 10). Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the start menu and search for Network Connections (On Windows 10 you just write it after clicking the Windows button), press enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are using —> Properties —> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), click Properties.
- The DNS line should be set to Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, set it yourself.
- Click on Advanced —> the DNS tab. Remove everything here (if there is something) —> OK.
- After you complete this step, the threat will be gone from your browsers. Finish the next step as well or it may reappear on a system reboot.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut —> Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but you can do this for Firefox and IE (or Edge).
Properties —–> Shortcut. In Target, remove everything after .exe.
Remove Brandnewcoms.ru from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the threat —> Disable. Go to —–> Internet Options —> change the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked) —> Apply.
Remove Brandnewcoms.ru from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click ——-> Add-ons —-> Extensions.
Find the adware/malware —> Remove.
Remove Brandnewcoms.ru from Chrome:
Close Chrome. Navigate to:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. There is a Folder called “Default” inside:
Rename it to Backup Default. Restart Chrome.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Inside, press CTRL and F together and type the threat’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!