Usually, a Trojan like Brotlicommon.dll can be very difficult to identify, and the users rarely have the chance to detect it before it has performed its malicious task. In fact, that’s why the Trojans have such a high success rate – they can be sneaky, and very harmful, especially when considering newer variants like Brotlicommon.dll.
Trojans are among the most terrifying internet threats that one might encounter. The cybercriminals create these malicious pieces of software, and use them to perform different damaging operations, and illegal activities on the infected computer.
Typically, the infection with Brotlicommon.dll may occur accidentally, as this Trojan hides very well in all kinds of web content. In addition, the harmful code can be disguised as seemingly harmless documents, pictures, attachments to emails and spam messages, videos, different links, advertisements, and more. Only one click on such a well-masked transmitter is enough for the infection to take place, and, sadly, many victims have no idea when that has happened. That’s why it is really essential to pay attention to the safety of your system when surfing the internet. Having a reputed antivirus software is also a must when it comes to protecting your computer against such malicious threats.
What malicious activities can Brotlicommon.dll conduct?
As a typical Trojan Horse, Brotlicommon.dll may have various aims that may differ depending on the malicious acts its creators intend to use it for. Here, we’ve listed some of the most common harmful activities that a threat like Brotlicommon.dll, CRaccoon, Trojan.Malware.300983.susgen could be used for, but be sure that this malware is not limited to just that.
- Corrupting your files – Trojans can be used to destroy or delete some of the information found on your computer, or even cause system damage.
- Distributing viruses, Ransomware, and Spyware – Brotlicommon.dll may quietly introduce other malware in the system by exploiting system vulnerabilities. Threats like Ransomware cryptoviruses oftentimes rely on the help of such Trojans to infect more computers.
- Exploiting your system’s resources – this kind of malware can be used by the hackers as an instrument that can transform your computer into a bot, and involve it in various criminal acts, such as virus distribution, spam campaigns, and more.
- Spying on you – if you have Brotlicommon.dll on your computer, you may get unknowingly exposed to the hackers’ eyes. The crooks can gain unauthorized access to your entire machine, spy on you through your web cam, or listen to your conversations by hacking your microphone.
- Stealing your credentials – This malware may be capable of tracking, and recording all of your computer’s online, and offline operations. It can copy, and send to the unscrupulous cyber criminals all your sensitive credentials, passwords, payment information, and online banking access information. If the criminals behind the malware get hold of such information, they will most definitely use it for banking fraud or for blackmailing. That’s why you should remove the Trojan immediately once you detect it.
How can this dreadful threat be removed?
To cope with Brotlicommon.dll effectively, we suggest you follow the directions in the manual below. We’ve done our best to make them clear and easy to follow even for beginners. However, if you don’t feel comfortable enough to handle this danger on your own, the professional Brotlicommon.dll removal tool may be very helpful with identifying, and removing the Trojan.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Brotlicommon.dll Trojan
If you have a Windows virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!