This page aims to help you remove C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e for free. Our instructions also cover how any C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e file can be recovered.
This article has been created to discuss the typical characteristics of a program called C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e. This program belongs to the Ransomware branch of viruses and is truly harmful. What it does is to make some of your most essential data inaccessible to you by encrypting the files on your PC. More details will follow in the article below.
What is Ransomware? Types and characteristics
Ransomware originated in the late 20th century in Russia. This awfully dangerous group of programs consists of many types: the screen-locking version; the actual file-encrypting type; the mobile type, the kind used by government agencies. No matter which subfamily the virus disturbing you belongs to, you can be sure that it has almost certainly brought a Trojan horse with itself to let it inside your system. The Trojan is the one that secures the passage for programs like C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e by finding and using a weak spot in your system or any of the installed programs. These two extremely malicious programs could be found together mostly in spam emails: in attachments in the form of images, folders, documents, etc. One more general fact: what all of the known Ransomware types have in common is their ability to greatly harass the affected user. How this happens you will see in the following list:
- Screen-locking Ransomware: these programs do not actually make any files inaccessible to you; they just lock up your screen and generate a false notification covering the whole monitor, telling you that you need to pay in order to access your “hijacked” files again. In fact, no encryption process occurs, only an alert message appears. Such infections are quite rare, though.
- The most popular, file-encrypting type, which C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e belongs to: the programs from this subgroup really DO encode files. Firstly, they determine which files you regularly open and use and then all of them get encrypted with a key that consists of two components. The hackers usually give you one of the key parts but demand ransom for the second component in an alert message that appears on your monitor immediately after the encryption of all the targeted data has been completed.
- Mobile Ransomware usually affects the users of smartphones. It works in the same way as the screen-locking type – it makes the entire screen inaccessible to the users and then requests a ransom payment.
- Certain legal viruses based on Ransomware get exploited by some government agencies to persuade people who have violated the law in some ways to pay their fines or to face their punishments. For instance, such a government-operated program may lock your screen and demand that you pay a fine for not complying with a given copyright law.
How is it possible to deal with C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e Virus?
Being a member of the real file-encoding Ransomware group, C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e files could be extremely difficult to fight. Some profound professional help might be needed. Even some experts might find it difficult to both recover the blocked data and remove the virus itself. First of all, we want to recommend that you avoid paying the requested money until you have tried alternative methods to successfully deal with this Ransomware. A successful end to the whole unpleasant situation might follow after using our Removal Guide below. It might also result from using a special piece of software or asking an expert to remove the virus. What you should be aware of is that in all the cases, your encrypted data is in danger. You may never get the chance to use it again if you don’t comply with the demands of the hackers. Also, you may never access it again even if you do agree to pay the demanded ransom. Both decisions are equally risky. Make your own informed choice and consider all possibly scenarios.
The only effective tool against Ransomware
The only really helpful tool against Ransomware appears to be prevention. Prevention in terms of avoiding a malware infection is by far the most effective means of combating this criminal extortion scheme and here are some tips we’d like to share with you:
- Ransomware affects files. Keep copies of all the ones that matter on a separate drive that is not attached to your computer. In this way no hacker will ever have the opportunity to blackmail you and disturb you in any way.
- Ransomware often comes from contaminated spam emails. Don’t open any suspicious ones. Stay away from shady-looking attachments.
- Malware loves it when you aren’t careful while browsing the Internet. Prove the hackers wrong. Be careful and visit only reputable and safe web addresses.
- The type of your anti-malware tool also matters. Invest in the best!
|Danger Level||High (Ransomware is by far the worst threat you can encounter)|
|Symptoms||Possibly some kind of a slowdown during the encryption of the files. Nothing after that and before the ransom notification appears.|
|Distribution Method||Many possible options: the biggest number of infections result from spam emails and their attachments.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e Virus File Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
- Please note that ransomware may even include a fake Manufacturer name to its process. Make sure you check out every process here is legitimate.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
A lot of people ignore what is written and then ask us, so we are putting this information here. To remove parasite without it coming back, you WILL 100% have to: Both of these can damage your system. If you want a fast safe solution, we always recommend SpyHunter, because it has an option, allowing its owners to send a customized fix made for your PC. We guarantee it will work. You can access it at "Spyware HelpDesk" ----> Select Problem Type ---> Unremoved Parasite.
A lot of people ignore what is written and then ask us, so we are putting this information here. To remove parasite without it coming back, you WILL 100% have to:Delete files belonging to suspicious processes in your Task Manager.
Both of these can damage your system. If you want a fast safe solution, we always recommend SpyHunter, because it has an option, allowing its owners to send a customized fix made for your PC. We guarantee it will work. You can access it at "Spyware HelpDesk" ----> Select Problem Type ---> Unremoved Parasite.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter. Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name.
Search for the ransomware in your registries and delete the entries. Be extremely careful – you can damage your system if you delete entries not related to the ransomware.
Type each of the following in the Windows Search Field:
Delete everything in Temp. The rest just check out for anything recently added. Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
How to Decrypt files infected with C_e_r_b_e_r R_a_n_s_o_m_w_a_r_e
We have a comprehensive (and daily updated) guide on how to decrypt your files. Check it out here.
Did we help? Share your feedback with us so we can help other people in need!