*Source of claim SH can remove it.
If an application called Captcha4greatpeaple.top has made changes in your Chrome, Firefox or other browser without your approval, we are here to assist you with the removal of the invasive app. Captcha4greatpeaple.top is not a virus, ransomware or a nasty Trojan horse, but a potentially unwanted application of the browser hijacker category.
The main task of Captcha4greatpeaple is to bombard your browser with hundreds of sponsored ads, pop-ups, banners and commercial offers and to redirect your web searches to specific domains. In order to do that, the Captcha4greatpeaple typically integrates with the main browser in the system and replaces its homepage URL or the default search engine with some third-party tools that start to generate sponsored search results and page redirects during your browsing sessions.
In addition to that, the browser hijacker may install some other unnecessary apps, add-ons, shortcut buttons and components in your system that may cause other unpleasant consequences such as sluggishness, browser unresponsiveness, screen freezing and even sudden crashes. Therefore, it is not surprising why so many people refer to Captcha4greatpeaple.top as a potentially unwanted application and seek methods to quickly uninstall it and remove its changes from their systems.
Fortunately, you can successfully deal with this unwanted application without too much effort. What’s more, once you effectively remove the browser hijacker from the system, you can easily restore the settings of your browsing app as if nothing has happened. Luckily, Captcha4greatpeaple.top is not a serious threat and it is unlikely to leave any long-lasting negative consequences in your system.
All you have to do is carefully follow the instructions provided by our security specialists in the guide below. If you are not that good with manual removal guides, however, there is also another alternative. You can use a professional removal tool such as the one suggested in the guide to quickly scan the system and remove Captcha4greatpeaple.top automatically.
Keep away from hijacker-generated ad materials
Despite lacking the harmful abilities of viruses and malware such as Trojans, spyware or ransomware, we still advise you not to keep an applications like Captcha4greatpeaple.top, iStart Search Bar, Wave browser inside your PC for too long. The reason is that the ads, the browser changes and the redirects that such software can initiate may not always be trustworthy.
Sometimes, the sponsored search results and the randomly displayed pop-up links may mislead you to visit web locations with questionable reputation or sites with low-quality products and services. There can be messages that may trick you into downloading and installing some obscure apps and add-ons from non-reputed developers and you may end up purchasing some products with questionable quality. Not to mention that you may encounter different offers and suggestions for updating your current system applications (such as Java or Adobe applications) which are often used by people with malicious intentions as bait for infecting you with real viruses.
Besides, dealing with the never-ending ad streaming on your screen during every browsing session can be a pretty tedious activity. That’s why we believe that it is just better to ignore the messages and the links that Captcha4greatpeaple.top prompts you to visit and use the instructions in the removal guide above to safely uninstall the ad-generating software.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
We tested that SpyHunter successfully removes parasite*, and we recommend downloading it. Manual removal may take hours, it can harm your system if you re not careful, and parasite may reinstall itself at the end if you don't delete its core files.
*Source of claim SH can remove it.
Remove Captcha4greatpeaple.top Virus
Uninstalling Captcha4greatpeaple.top-related browser extensions is a frequently used strategy that many people use to swiftly remove the browser hijacker from their systems. This may be accomplished in the following manner:
1. Begin by launching the browser that Captcha4greatpeaple.top has hijacked.
2. Locate and click the main menu icon (usually found upper right) to access the menu.
3. From the menu, choose More Tools/Add-ons.
4. Next, locate and choose the Extensions sub-menu/option. This will provide a list of all extensions/add-ons installed in the hijacked browser.
5. Scroll down the list and, when you come across an extension/add-on that is obviously connected to Captcha4greatpeaple.top and is most likely impacting your online browsing experience, click on it and then select the associated Remove/Trash Bin option. This operation should clear the browser of the problematic add-on.
6. Repeat the procedure for any suspicious extensions/add-ons that you discover.
7. Once finished, restart the browser and use it to browse the web for some time. Ideally, Captcha4greatpeaple.top should cause no more disruption.
If, after using the browser for a period of time, you continue to see annoying pop-ups and auto-redirects driven by Captcha4greatpeaple.top, please follow the more detailed uninstallation procedures in the guide below:
If you want to remove Captcha4greatpeaple.top swiftly and successfully, some preparation is necessary. This entails bookmarking the page with these removal instructions in order to return to it and complete the process, as well as restarting the computer in Safe Mode, which runs only the most important Windows apps and processes.
To avoid any confusion, we recommend that you follow the extensive instructions contained in this link for properly rebooting your computer in Safe Mode. Return to this page and continue with the instructions below after you’ve completed them.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
*Source of claim SH can remove it.
The eradication of Captcha4greatpeaple.top begins with locating and terminating the browser hijacker’s background processes. The simplest way to accomplish this is to launch the Windows Task Manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) and then click on the Processes Tab (the “Details” Tab on Win 8 and 10).
Take your time searching the list for processes that are associated with Captcha4greatpeaple.top that should be terminated. These might be processes with strange names that take a substantial part of the resources on your system, although this is not always the case.
To evaluate whether a process that catches your attention is indeed harmful, it is important to conduct an internet search for it and scan its files using a reputable malware scanner. You may access its files by right-clicking on the process and selecting Open File Location:
Then, using a professional malware detection software, scan the files contained in that directory. For your convenience, we’ve included a link below to a free online virus scanner that will perform the task and save you time:
If the scan indicates that the files are hazardous, terminate the process from which they originated. A risky process can be terminated by right-clicking on it in the Task Manager and selecting the End Process/End Process Tree option. Additionally, it is critical to remove any associated harmful files and folders from their file location.
Please bear in mind that ending legitimate processes that are not associated with the hijacker may have a negative impact on the stability and general performance of your other programs and the system.
The most likely route for Captcha4greatpeaple.top to reach your system is through some other program that you recently installed. That is why, if you think that such software is responsible for the installation of the browser hijacker on your computer, it is critical to locate and remove it. Eventually, when you do so, Captcha4greatpeaple.top will be permanently deleted and will be unable to reinstall itself when the machine is restarted.
Simply press the Windows key and the R key on your keyboard simultaneously to access the apps currently installed on your computer. A window labeled “Run” will appear. Enter appwiz.cpl and click OK:
Once you’ve viewed the list of applications on your screen, look for any possibly undesirable programs that you may have installed recently that may have resulted in the presence of Captcha4greatpeaple.top on your computer. If you discover any, conduct an internet search for information about them and, if you suspect they are the cause, uninstall them.
Once that is complete, open System Configurations (type msconfig in the Windows search осева and press enter) and navigate to the Startup tab. There, you must deactivate (uncheck) any startup entries that Captcha4greatpeaple.top may have added to the Startup Items list. Once finished, click OK.
*Source of claim SH can remove it.
Additionally, the Hosts file on your computer may be modified as a result of the existence of Captcha4greatpeaple.top in the system. To determine whether the hijacker has added anything unexpected, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously and copy-paste the following text into the Run window that appears on the screen:
After copying the line, hit Enter and look for Localhost in the Hosts file’s contents. If you see any suspicious IP addresses added under Localhost (as illustrated below), copy them and post them in the comments area below. Our “How to remove” team will take a look the IP addresses and inform you whether they need to be removed.
Apart from alterations to the Hosts file, Captcha4greatpeaple.top may also perform various DNS changes that must be reversed if the browser hijacker is to be completely removed from the machine. To do so, enter Network Connections in the Windows search field and click on the resulting entry. Following that, follow the steps below:
• Right-click on the currently active Network Adapter and choose Properties.
• In Properties, scroll to locate and choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP).
• At the bottom of the window, click the Properties icon.
• Select Obtain DNS server address automatically and click the Advanced option in the bottom right.
• The window Advanced TCP/IP Settings will appear.
• On the DNS tab, click the Remove button to erase all entries in the text box.
• Finally, click the OK box to confirm your deletions.
One of the most vexing aspects of being infected with Captcha4greatpeaple.top is having to cope with the browser hijacker’s alterations to the user’s browser. This step will demonstrate how to undo these adjustments and the components that continue to wreak havoc on you online surfing experience.
Important! To achieve the best results, the instructions below should be applied to each browser currently installed on the computer.
• Right-click on the hijacked browser’s shortcut icon and choose Properties as shown below:
• Next, select the Shortcut tab.
• Delete everything that has been put after .exe in the Target area.
• When finished, click OK to save your changes.
Remove Captcha4greatpeaple.top from Internet Explorer:
• Internet Explorer users should click on the gear icon and then select Manage Add-ons from the menu that appears.
• They should next disable any suspicious-looking or potentially unwanted add-ons associated with Captcha4greatpeaple.top.
• Next, click the gear icon again and select Internet Options from the menu that appears.
• If a change is made to the homepage address, users should replace it with a trusted homepage URL and apply the changes.
Remove Captcha4greatpeaple.top from Firefox:
• Firefox users should navigate to the top right and click the main menu icon (three vertical lines).
• Then, on the left, click Add-ons, followed by the Extensions tab.
• Select Remove for any suspicious-looking or potentially unwanted extensions. If they do not want to be removed, click the Disable button first, followed by the Remove button.
Remove Captcha4greatpeaple.top from Chrome:
• Close Google Chrome and navigate to the following location on your computer manually:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data.
• In the list of directories, locate the “Default” folder and rename it Backup Default.
• Restart the browser.
The Registry is the final location where Captcha4greatpeaple.top could have added any items that need to be erased. To gain access to the Registry and search it for changes, perform the following steps:
• In the Windows search field (the search bar in the Start menu), type regedit.
• Press Enter and then open the window to start the Registry Editor.
• Open a Find window by pressing the CTRL and F keyboard keys simultaneously.
• In the Find window, input the browser hijacker’s name and click Next.
• Wait for the searching function to scan the Registry for files with that name and delete them.
• Repeat the search as necessary until no other results are discovered.
Following that, to guarantee that no files are left behind, manually navigate to the folders below:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Delete/uninstall anything in each of the folders that you suspect is associated with the browser hijacker.
Attention! Deleting/uninstalling system and application items in the Registry exposes your system to the danger of unintentional system corruption and may impact the OS’s regular operation. To avoid this, please carefully research each entry or use expert removal tools that can safely eliminate harmful Registry entries. In addition, you can use our free online virus scanner to scan specific files that you need to check.