Doplik is a malicious program that is distributed with the help of spam email attachments and misleading links. Doplik is categorized as a Trojan horse virus – a threat capable of obtaining Admin rights on the infected machine and executing a wide variety of harmful tasks.
Any potential sign of a Trojan horse infection inside your computer should be closely examined and should draw your attention because, if there really is a Trojan within your system, the damage caused by it can be devastating. Unfortunately, the symptoms of a Trojan horse attack may vary greatly and, what’s even worse is that in many cases, there may actually be no visible infection signs.
Still, if you notice that your computer has started to behave in an odd way, to frequently crash, to use a lot of RAM and processor time or to experience some unknown and unexpected errors, then you should definitely investigate the reason behind these issues. In a lot of cases, the causes for such unusual system behavior may be unrelated to a Win32 Doplik Trojan horse infection – crashes can be caused by hardware failure, errors can come from bugs in legitimate software and high use of the system resources may also be due to unexpected bugs within different programs.
However, it’s always important to know whether or not you have a Trojan horse in your system and, if you do, how to remove it from the machine.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Doplik!
How to remove Doplik
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Doplik in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Doplik from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Doplik.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Doplik.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Doplik from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Doplik extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Doplik and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Doplik on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Doplik extension
- Get rid of Doplik by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Doplik” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Doplik
- Open task manager
- Look for the Doplik process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Doplik
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Doplik” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- Each file will be scanned with up to 64 antivirus programs to ensure maximum accuracyThis scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users.This file is not matched with any known malware in the database. You can either do a full real-time scan of the file or skip it to upload a new file. Doing a full scan with 64 antivirus programs can take up to 3-4 minutes per file.Drag and Drop File Here To ScanAnalyzing 0 s
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Doplik
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Doplik in there
- Uninstall Doplik from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Hostingcloud. racing-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Doplik in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Since you are here, we assume that you at the very least suspect that a malicious Trojan infection named Doplik has entered your computer and is currently messing with its system and data. If that is indeed the case, then you need to know that Doplik is a really serious threat and must not be underestimated. It’s criminal abilities could be many – from data corruption to espionage activities, from theft of important user-related data to ransomware distribution. All of those are things that Trojan horse threats can be used for and since the data available on Doplik is still rather scarce as this Trojan is quite new, we cannot definitely say what the exact goal of the malware would be in your particular case. Something that we can say with certainty, though, is that it is of utmost importance that you manage to eliminate the infection and all files, registry keys and other items that may be related to it.
If you closely follow the guide that you will see below, you should stand a chance of removing the infection and preventing the malware from causing further damage. We do not know how long the malware has been in your system, nor do we know what it has tried and managed to complete. Nevertheless, you must still remove it in order to minimize the harm caused by it. To help you with the removal, we’ve also added a trusted anti-malware program in the manual guide and we advise you to use its help in combination with the manual steps, as the latter may not always be enough to solve everything.
As far as the future security of your machine is concerned, the suggested anti-malware tool should help you keep your machine safe. However, you cannot simply rely on that as the sole precaution against future malware attacks. For that reason, you must never visit sketchy sites, open obscure e-mails, ads and other forms of spam or download unreliable software if you wish to keep your system and data safe and intact.