Driver Tonic (What is Driver Tonic?)
Driver Tonic is an application that employs questionable and sometimes downright dangerous practices to promote itself as a registry cleaner and system driver updater. It is quite similar to Mac Tonic and Win Tonic, all developed by PC Tonics Inc.
To stumble upon a Trojan horse like Driver Tonic Virus could be one of the most devastating that could happen to your PC. Technically, this type of malware is not identical to computer viruses because it cannot self-replicate. However, it can be much more dangerous than you expect. The type and the size of the harm that a Trojan-based virus can cause could be unpredictable. Driver Tonic Virus, in particular, represents a sophisticated malware tool that can perform multiple criminal deeds without triggering visible symptoms. Within the next lines, you will learn more about the specifics of this particular computer threat and about the Trojan horse category in general.
How to Uninstall Driver Tonic?
For a quick way to Uninstall Driver Tonic:
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to Control Panel and then to Programs and Features / Uninstall a Program.
- Look for Driver Tonic and any other suspicious programs.
- Uninstall Driver Tonic and other programs.
The Driver Tonic Virus
The Driver Tonic Virus is a new Trojan horse infection which, as per the reports that we have, is rapidly increasing the number of machines that it has infected. The number of victims affected by the Driver Tonic Virus is progressively growing and, therefore, if you had the bad luck of encountering this malware, our simple, yet effective Removal Guide below may really be of help to you.
There is also a tested malware removal tool, which can effectively scan your system for any hidden Trojan-based scripts and help you automatically remove them in case that you are not sure what you have to delete.
A typical trait of the Trojan horse infections is their ability to launch various types of criminal activities. There are countless ways in which these threats could be utilized in order to cause harm. First of all, they use misleading tactics to sneak into the system without being detected and without triggering any symptoms. In most of the cases, the users are being tricked into clicking on a harmless-looking transmitter which could come in the form of an interesting image, an ad, a pop-up message, a link, an email attachment or other similar commonly encountered types of content. Once the user clicks on the malware carrier, the hidden Trojan horse gets activated and contaminates the system. Usually, the criminal hackers who are in control of the infection aim to obtain Administrator rights over the OS in order to have access to all the important system settings. This way, they can easily modify them and launch certain malicious tasks in complete stealth. Examples of how versatile programs like Driver Tonic Virus will be listed below the following removal guide.
Popular uses of Trojan Horses
- Trojans can serve as tools for malware insertion. Under the commands of their creators, these threats can download and secretly insert any type of malware onto the infected computer – from the highly-problematic Ransomware cryptoviruses to different Spyware infections, Worms and other nasty threats.
- Some Trojans can specialize in targeting important system information. They can corrupt or delete Registry Keys, files and software of various types in such a way that it cannot be repaired. This can usually cause system crashes including frequent PC errors, loss of valuable data, freezing of certain programs and processes, etc. Basically, the longer the malware manages to remain on the computer and operate from within it, the greater the potential damage.
- Gathering personal data and stealing passwords and credentials is another possible action which the criminals could use a Trojan horse for. What is more, a threat like Driver Tonic Virus could serve as a tool for espionage. It could secretly collect sensitive information about your personal life, your online activities, banking details, credit or debit card numbers by taking screenshots of your screen, using keyloggers or hacking into your web camera and mic. If not removed on time, the Trojan can transmit all the collected data directly to the hackers’ servers and from then on, you will be left on their mercy.
Protection and removal of the infection
Having reliable antivirus software is probably one of the most important things you could do in order to protect your system from Trojan horse threats. Without it, it is very likely that you may not be able to manually detect and remove such a tricky virus, especially since it oftentime has no visible symptoms. Also, in order to minimize the risks of having a close encounter with potentially harmful pieces of software like this, we advise you to stick to trusted and well-known web locations. Clicking on different sketchy links, ads or popping offers may be tempting but it could also hide certain security risks. That’s why, it is better to not get tempted to open everything that appears on your screen, especially if you have no way of verifying its sources and its reliability.
|Name||Driver Tonic Virus|
Remove Driver Tonic Virus
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning. You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone