This page aims to help you remove Dycler.gen Malware. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
If you want to keep your computer safe and protected against future malware infections, then it is certainly a good idea to read the following article in which we will give you some important information regarding a category of malicious programs known as Trojan Horses and their latest version – a piece of malware known as Dycler.gen. Down below, you will be able to learn more about the main characteristics of those viruses as well as how they get distributed and how you can defend your PC system against them. Also, if you already have had your machine infiltrated by the noxious Dycler.gen Malware, we can also offer you a detailed guide that can help you manually remove the threat. Alternatively, if you do not feel confident enough to carry out the removal procedure on your own, you can always get the removal tool suggested on this page and use it to get rid of the Trojan Horse infection.
General information about Trojan Horses
There are many different types of Trojans out there that can get used for all sorts of illegal and malicious deeds. The one thing that unites all those viruses under one category is their extremely high versatility in terms of ways they can be utilized and also their ability to infiltrate one’s computer unnoticed. Typically, a Trojan Horse virus would present itself to the user disguised as some legitimate piece of software – an executable file or a file with some unknown format. Once the malware component gets run on the computer under elevated privileges (with an Administrator account), the hacker behind the infiltration would gain high levels of access to the infected PC’s system enabling the criminal to carry out a variety of illegal actions.
Detecting Trojans is a tricky task
One important factor to be noted regarding Trojans is how stealthy they can be. Some infections could trigger increased CPU and RAM use, system slow-down or frequent errors and crashes. However, in most cases, the ongoing infection wouldn’t give many signs that would allow the user to spot the malware. That is why having a reliable antivirus and anti-malware tool on your computer is of utmost importance. Also, do not forget to frequently update your software protection tools as an outdated antivirus might not be able to spot some of the latest malware versions.
Dycler.gen Malware Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!
Here, you can see a several examples of what a Trojan infection can be used for:
- Backdoor for other viruses – There is a reason why viruses like Dycler.gen are called Trojan Horses. Such infections are oftentimes capable of sneaking other malicious programs into the targeted system. A common example is the use of Trojans to load Ransomware viruses inside the infected computer. A Ransomware is another type of highly-dangerous malware that can encrypt the victim’s personal files and keep them locked until a ransom payment is made to the attacker.
- System damage – Many Trojans are perfectly capable of harming the system of your computer – they can trigger system errors, Blue Screen crashes, corrupt important OS files, mess with the computer’s Registry as well as other destructive actions. In some cases, the computer would need to be re-installed in order to properly function again.
- Espionage – Some malware programs of the Trojan Horse category could also get employed as espionage tools. In that case, the victim’s keystrokes might get monitored or the virus could take snapshots of the user’s screen and send them to the hacker. Furthermore, some viruses might go as far as to take control over the personal webcam of the victim and use it to directly stalk on them.
- PC control – Many hackers who use Trojans seek to establish botnets of the infected machines. A botnet is a network that the Trojan creates from the computers that it has attacked. Each PC from this network can be forced to execute a certain task. For instance, the PC might be forced to mine some form of cryptocurrency for the hacker’s profit or send spam messages to other users to spread the infection even further.
Keeping the computer clean and safe
Most users who land Dycler.gen or other viruses are either ones with outdated software on their PCs or ones who aren’t careful enough when browsing the Internet (or both). If you truly wish to have a clean and safe computer in future, you will need to always pay close attention to what gets displayed and/or suggested on your screen when surfing the net. Do not click or interact in any way with anything on the Internet that looks shady or suspicious. This applies but is not limited to fishy-looking websites, banners, ads, web offers, sketchy e-mails that look like spam, etc. Also, as we already mentioned, do not forget to always keep a good, strong antivirus on your computer that receives constant updates whenever they are available.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Any unusual system behavior can be considered a Trojan Horse infection symptom, however, oftentimes there might be no symptoms at all.|
|Distribution Method||Malicious social engineering, malvertising, spam messages, misleading ads and web offers, fake update requests, etc.|
parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware