This page aims to help you remove Endive.exe Virus. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Security experts have recently detected a new Trojan horse threat named Endive.exe Virus. The risk of being infected with this malware is very big because it may hide practically everywhere. That’s why in this article we decided to summarize all the important details about this Trojan and explain all the possible methods and tricks it may use to get inside your system. We hope that with the information below, you will be able to better understand the nature of Endive.exe Virus and the possible harm it may cause, and most importantly how to protect your system. If the Trojan has already infected you, at the end of the article you will find a free Removal Guide and a helpful professional removal tool, with the help of which you can remove the malware.
What can viruses identified as Trojans do?
Trojans are very popular threats. There is probably no computer user who has not heard about them at least once and there is a strong reason for that. According to some recent reports, more than 70% of all malicious infections are usually inflicted by different variants of Trojan horse viruses. Not only that, but they are the most numerous, the most widespread and also the most versatile type of malware. Practically, any content that you may come across on the Internet could be a potential transmitter of a Trojan and one click is all that it takes for the virus to enter the PC. The infection usually lacks visible symptoms and tries to hide all of its traces while it secretly begins to activate certain malicious scripts, programmed for a wide range of criminal purposes. With this in mind, the results of an infection with malware of this type could vary a lot.
How to remove Endive.exe safely?
There are many methods that promise you the effective removal of Trojans, however, none of them can be 100% sure. Nevertheless, we recommend you to trust the detailed Removal Guide which our “How to remove” experts have provided below. It contains detailed instructions and screenshots, which can safely be followed. For best results, use the assistance of the professional removal tool and scan your system for any possible leftovers.
Endive.exe Virus Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!
Where may Endive.exe Virus lurk?
As per the information that our “How to remove” team has, you could catch a Trojan like Endive.exe in many different ways:
- The malware may be incorporated into different software installers, free installation managers, torrents and download platforms or compromised websites. If you land on such web locations, the infection may happen immediately.
- Different video, audio or movie streaming sites could be other possible transmitters. Especially those that distribute pirated content or illegal materials. That’s why make sure you avoid sketchy web locations and stick only to trusted and reputed sources.
- Fake update requests, pop-ups and ads can oftentimes be used by the criminals to prompt the victims into clicking on the infection. If you suddenly see a genuine-looking screen notification or an update request, which pops up on your monitor, it is best not to click on it but contact the official website of the mentioned software and check for relevant updates there.
- Your email inbox may also be exploited by the hackers to deliver Trojans and other infections. Letters with contagious attachments may be sent to you in the form of an invoice, PDF file, an .exe file or some attractive image, archive or link with the sole purpose to click on them and get infected. Do not trust and open anything unless you know the sender, otherwise you may risk being attacked by a Trojan or some other nasty virus.
What types of crime may Endive.exe be exploited for?
As we just mentioned above, Trojans can be multifunctional. It is not possible to cover all the criminal deeds these infections could be used for since they are numerous and depend only on the imagination of the cyber criminals. However, let us tell you about the most common ones that you may encounter:
- Direct system harm, corruption, and destruction. If Endive.exe is in your system, it is very likely that the hackers may use the Trojan to create a mess in your system and your data. System crashing, data corruption, modification or deletion, software manipulation is just the minimum of what you can expect.
- The hackers may want to drain your bank accounts or steal your information. Trojans like Endive.exe are often used to secretly copy sensitive information such as banking details, credit or debit card numbers, login credentials, passwords, and accounts, which help the hackers to break through your profiles and steal your money, hijack your profiles or perform crimes on using your identity.
- Endive.exe may deliver Ransomware on your system. Sneaking other kinds of malware into the victim’s system is a specialty of any Trojan. You may end up with Ransomware, Spyware, and many other nasty threats if you don’t remove the Trojan on time.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||The infection usually lacks visible symptoms and tries to hide all of its traces while it secretly begins to activate certain malicious scripts, programmed for a wide range of criminal purposes.|
|Distribution Method||Infected web pages, pirated content, compromized software installers, torrents, ads, malicious email attachments, spam.|
parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware