This page aims to help you remove Evillock Virus File Ransomware for free. Our instructions also cover how any Evillock Virus file can be recovered.
The information we are presenting to you today is about Evillock Virus – a representative of the Ransomware software family. This term refers to the software, which is able to encrypt your data or lock up your screen. After that, these programs tend to harass you by sending some disturbing ransom-demanding notifications to you. Inside them you can find all the payment information that you need in order to give in to the requests of the hackers. We have assembled this article with the hope of helping you successfully deal with Evillock Virus. Sometimes it’s possible, more often it’s not, however, all you have to do is try.
The ways Ransomware viruses normally act
Normally, no matter what these malicious programs have been programmed to do, it is always pretty much the same, whatever version of Ransomware you have caught. The idea of this malware is to infect your PC, do something terrible to it and make you pay the hackers behind it for reversing the malicious process that has occurred.
- In the first possible case, the actual case when we talk about Evillock Virus, you will have to face contamination, caused by the file-encrypting types of Ransomware. This means that some of your files will be encoded, and a ransom will be demanded for setting these files free again. Basically, such programs may render all the data you greatly value inaccessible to you; then you get informed about that via a ransom-requiring alert message, in which the only possible method of saving your files is paying off the demanded money to the hackers. This is probably the worst Ransomware version you can ever come across and suffer from.
- Another possible cause for a terrible infection may be screen-blocking Ransomware. These viruses could be divided into mobile device blocking ones; and the ones, blocking the monitors of desktop computers and laptop screens. In their case, NO data becomes inaccessible, just the icons and shortcuts on your screens, because a huge notifications appears and hides them. One more time, this notification usually contains ransom-related threats, deadlines and payment methods. We can say that this particular type of Ransomware is not as harmful as the file-encoding type, but it could still disturb you to a good extent.
In fact, there is one more occasion, on which Ransomware viruses may be used for punishing criminals. Sometimes this is the only way to make hackers pay for their wrongdoings. We can say that this potential usage is the only positive one, when it comes to ransom-requiring malware. Catching such an extremely harmful program as Evillock Virus is also an interesting topic so we are proceeding with the next paragraph, which contains more information on this.
Getting infected with Evillock Virus – possibilities
The list below contains the most usual sources of all the Ransomware categories:
- Unexpected emails and their attachments:
Spam emails are among the most popular Ransomware sources. If Evillock Virus comes from such an email or an attachment, it is very likely for it to come accompanied by a Trojan horse virus. The way these two viruses cooperate is the following: the Trojan helps the Ransomware by using a system/program weakness and letting the latter inside your PC. Any email attachments might be infected with such a virus – even if they are text documents or images.
- Malicious ads, update requests and pop-ups that are at times displayed on your screen:
Evillock Virus may automatically infect your system if it comes from a contaminated ad, update request or pop-up in any form, which could be broadcast on your monitor. Once you click on any of them, even if it happens unknowingly or unintentionally, your PC usually becomes a victim of this malicious program (or another one of this sort).
- Video/movie, program and torrent-sharing web pages:
In spite of the fact that all websites you load may be contagious, the ones that illegally distribute movies, software and other torrents are among the most common Ransomware sources.
What are you supposed to do? To pay or not to pay? Is there a right answer to this question?
Believe it or not, there is no correct answer and you will have to decide. What’s more, whatever you choose to do – to pay or not to pay, will be a great risk, as both of these solutions cannot promise decryption of your affected files or the removal of the virus from your system. What you need to do if you don’t want to fund the hackers is to make use of your possibilities. One of them is the Removal Guide we have attached below – it is designed to help you to some extent. Another one is to search for a good anti-Ransomware tool. Also, be more careful and prevent your machine from catching such a virus next time by minding the web pages you visit and the web content you deal with. Ultimately, learn to keep copies of your data and no one will be able to disturb you.
|Danger Level||High (Ransomware is by far the worst threat you can encounter)|
|Symptoms||Nothing shady before the ransom message comes up informing you about the infection.|
|Distribution Method||Via almost everything on the Internet- infected ads; spam; emails; their attachments; fake system requests.|
|Data Recovery Tool||Currently Unavailable|
Evillock Virus File Ransomware Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the most important step. Do not skip it if you want to remove Evillock Virus successfully!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
- Please note that ransomware may even include a fake Manufacturer name to its process. Make sure you check out every process here is legitimate.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter. Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name.
Search for the ransomware in your registries and delete the entries. Be extremely careful – you can damage your system if you delete entries not related to the ransomware.
Type each of the following in the Windows Search Field:
Delete everything in Temp. The rest just check out for anything recently added. Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
How to Decrypt Evillock Virus files
We have a comprehensive (and daily updated) guide on how to decrypt your files. Check it out here.
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!