This page aims to help you remove Free.com-00.site “Virus”. These Free.com-00.site “Virus” removal instructions work for Chrome, Safari and Internet Browser.
Maybe you have recently been irritated by one particular program – Free.com-00.site “Virus”. This article has been prepared with the intention of answering all your questions about this browser hijacker. We are going to discuss why it may normally attack only your browsers (Safari, Internet Browser, Chrome); as well as all the specific functions that are characteristic of Free.com-00.site “Virus”. Such are its ability to generate many annoying pop-up ads; to send you to somewhere on the Internet you haven’t had any intention to go to; or putting entirely different and unfamiliar homepages and search engines to your browsers. What’s more, we have also discussed a set of prevention tips to help you stay away from this sort of software once you have managed to deal with the current infection with it. For the purpose of getting rid of the virus, we have come up with a specialized guide. Check out the article below!
Essential information about Free.com-00.site
Free.com-00.site belongs to the browser hijacker software group, meaning that this program may be perfectly capable of performing some changes regarding your browsers. As you may have concluded from its ‘nickname’, such software may often alter many of your browser’s settings. These changes could lead to the the popping up of a lot of ads; as well as to some disturbing redirecting and to the appearance of some unfamiliar search engines and homepages. These are the potential effects Free.com-00.site could have on your PC. But there are some more possible activities that Free.com-00.site may perform, like some serious research of your surfing preferences, which are determined by monitoring your latest browsing requests. Consequently, the ad campaign that could be overwhelming your browser apps might simply broadcast ads that fit into the profile of these recent requests. All that has made some experts identify browser hijackers as potentially unwanted and slightly questionable.
Is there any connection between browser hijackers and actual malware (like Ransomware)?
Indeed, browser hijackers may top the list of the most irritating software you can ever come across on the web. Nevertheless, they are not connected to any virus program, regarding the fact that they do not possess any harmful features. The characteristics of the well-known malware categories like Ransomware and Trojans could include reviewing your files and encoding those of them, which you use most regularly. Also, actual viruses, for instance the ones from the Ransomware family, are perfectly capable of totally crashing your entire system; or deleting some of your valuable data there; as well as of formatting all your disks and drives. Another typical feature of the popular malware, for example – the Trojan horses, is to spy on you and record all your activities as soon as the virus has been installed on your machine. What’s more bothering is the fact that all these activities could be so subtle that you may not notice them until they cause serious problems, such as identity theft or bank account draining.
How does the contamination process conducted by Free.com-00.site take place?
The possible ways of spreading Free.com-00.site are usually directly related to the reasons why such software has been created at the first place. Developers tend to distribute browser hijackers and other ad-displaying software by gathering them in bundles with numerous other programs, games and apps. Generally, such sets of software could be accessed free of charge, because their developers are paid for the ads their hijackers generate. Nonetheless, the contamination with Free.com-00.site is not possible simply because you have downloaded a program bundle. Such an infection can only occur in case you install the already downloaded software set in a quick and disregarding way, not granting you the chance to select what to install on your PC and which programs from a given bundle to exclude from the installation process. If you really want to keep your system hijacker-free and to have the opportunity to install only the components of a given bundle that you really want, it is essential that you choose a more detailed installation option – either the Custom, the Customized or the Advanced one. That’s how you will have more control over the installation process of any bundle or program, and you will personally and manually choose which features and programs you will incorporate into your system.
Our Removal Guide below
In case an infection has already occurred and you need to remove Free.com-00.site from your mobile device, go with the instructions in the uninstallation guide right after this article.
Free.com-00.site “Virus” Removal
First you need to close all pop-ups that are currently open.
- If the pop-up has a checkbox named “Don’t show more alerts from this webpage” click on the checkbox before closing the Ad.
- If a Block Alerts button happens to appear after you shut down a pop-up on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch tab that button to stop receiving alerts from the same page.
In case that a pop-up fails to close after performing the above operations:
- On your Mac you should make your Safari browser close forcibly by pressing Command-Option-Esc. Select Safari from the list of Apps and force close it. After you force close it you need to restart Safari, but please hold the shift button while it starts. This will prevent any pesky Ads from opening automatically.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can do the same by pressing the home button twice in a quick succession. You’ll then see a preview of all apps that have been recently used. Swipe left to find Safari and then swipe up on the app’s preview to close it forcibly In order to prevent Safari from opening unwanted windows on startup go to Settings->Safari and Clear History, as well as Website Data. This will also clear your browser history and cookies so keep that in mind and export them if you want to keep them.
Choose Preferences from the Safari menu. Then do the following:
- Select the Security icon and then click on “Block pop-up windows“. This should stop many types of pop-ups from appearing.
- Next check on your homepage and the settings for the search engines. Adware likes messing with those. We can not provide more specific instructions for this, as you may be using many different browsers.
- Select the General icon and look at the Homepage field. It should either be empty or filled with the address of the Homepage you want.
- Follow up on the Search icon. Again it should be either the default search engine or any that you have set for yourself. Note that in some versions of Safari these settings are found in the General panel/
Open Safari and click on the Extensions button. Note that Adware use extensions almost exclusively to inject the pop-up Ads into your browser. Any extension on this list that you do not remember installing yourself is likely planted there by the Adware. Remove ALL extensions you are unfamiliar with.
Removal Instructions for Android
Whether you use the default “Internet” App for browsing or a different browser like Chrome you need to go to:
Locate the Browser/App in question and tap on it.
Now the method is effectively the same for users using both “Internet” and Chrome/Other Browsers, yet for more clarity we have provided instructions for both:
For “Internet” Browser Users:
Tap the Force Stop button.
Now tap the Clear Data and Clear Cache Buttons.
For Google Chrome Users:
Click on Force Stop.
Then click on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Restart your Browser. It might be a good idea to Reboot your Android device, just in case.
If you are still seeing Ads in your browser, it is likely they are generated by the websites you visit and there is nothing you can do about it.
However, if you are seeing Adverts outside of your internet browser, then one of your installed Apps contains the problematic Adware. In this case you need to take a look at this guide.
Did we help you? Please, consider helping us by spreading the word!