This page aims to help you remove Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus. These Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus removal instructions work for all versions of Windows.
Important information. Read it all.
Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus is as you must have feared a Ransomware type of computer virus. In this article we are going to explain what it entails in detail, how you may have gotten it, what you should do to potentially get your files back and how to remove this threat completely and without question.
What is Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus?
As we mentioned previously this is a Ransomware application. This is a very dangerous type of malware that uses a Trojan horse as a backdoor to access the victim’s computer. Once there a scan would begin enlisting the most often used of your files or in other words a process of determining which files you are going to miss most. After the scan is complete the actual encryption process would begin and very soon you will find your files completely inaccessible and with a strange file name extension. Also a “ransom” note would be posted on your desktop with instructions how to make the payment if you want a decryption key.
How did you get it?
You should always be on the lookout for the backdoor malware used by Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus to infiltrate your computer. In almost all cases it is a Trojan horse. Now you might say you have no idea how the Trojan have gotten on your computer. Here is a list of the most typical ways that might have happened:
- E-mail attachments. It might be old, it might be well-known, but it is still a surprisingly effective way for malware spreading. Be cautious and always scan downloaded e-mail attachments before opening them, especially if they are executable files (ones that end up with an .exe extension).
- Files downloaded from torrent or other file-sharing sites. Actually any place where the control over uploads is limited at best and hardly existing at worse. Since you don’t know what exactly you would be getting yourself into, always scan thoroughly and downloaded files and if possible avoid downloading from unofficial sources altogether.
- Compromised files downloaded from fake online advertisements, or disguised “missing” codecs, audio and video plugins or other software updates. Very often the less threatening forms of malicious content like Adware and Browser Hijackers work as a doorway for more serious malware if the user is not careful and doesn’t avoid contact with the numerous tricks employed by such applications.
It is entirely up to you to decide whether to pay the Ransom as demanded by the criminals or not. It is our strong recommendation that you choose not to. At the very least you should exhaust all other options before even entertaining this idea. We are going to explain our reasons in just a moment.
- One of the main reasons why you should not pay is that you will be trusting cyber criminals to do the “right” thing and send you a decryption key. That is a pretty big assumption as you will be dealing with people that have chosen committing cyber crimes as their livelihood. As a result instead of getting your files back after sending the ransom payment you may very well end up with your hands empty or with another money demand. Consider that carefully before taking this gamble.
- Also in a broader perspective Ransomware crimes are now a global multimillion dollar industry. This means that the creators of Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus and similar security threats have all the incentives in the world to continue tormenting the unsuspecting users with more and more evolving encryption applications. The only way for you to oppose this process and take a stand starts with you refusing to give the perpetrators any money. Dampen their revenue stream – it all starts with you!
|Danger Level||High. Very dangerous, tread with extreme cautious.|
|Symptoms||Your files have been encrypted and are inaccessible.|
|Distribution Method||A backdoor malware, most likely a Trojan horse.|
|Detection Tool||Malware and Adware are notoriously difficult to track down, since they actively try to deceive you. Use this professional parasite scanner to make sure you find all files related to the infection.Sponsored|
Remove Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the first preparation.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
The first thing you must do is Reveal All Hidden Files and Folders.
- Do not skip this. Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus may have hidden some of its files.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the Start Menu, type “Control Panel” in the search box —> Enter. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Properties.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter. Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name.
Search for the ransomware in your registries and delete the entries. Be extremely careful – you can damage your system if you make a big mistake.
Type each of the following in the Windows Search Field:
Delete everything in Temp. The rest just check our for anything recently added. Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
A BIG WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyRemover Pro.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyRemover Pro.>> Click to Download SpyRemover Pro. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder. Just to make sure we don’t delete any programs you mistakenly took for a virus, copy the folders somewhere, then delete the directories you were sent to.
How to Decrypt files infected with Help_recover_instructions+vgv Virus
There is only one known way to remove this virus successfully – reversing your files to a time when they were not infected. There are two options you have for this:
The first is a full system restore. To do this type System Restore in the windows search field and choose a restore point. Click Next until done.
Your second option is a program called Shadow Volume Copies.
Open the Shadow Explorer part of the package and choose the Drive (C or D usually) you want to restore information from. Right click on any file you want to restore and click Export on it.
If the removal guide helps you, remember: a thank you in the comments goes a long way to warm our hearts!