Arcade Twist Ads Overview
- This application is categorized as PUP (something close to a virus) due to its tendency to basically soil your PC with ads. Removing it is of utmost importance if you want to preserve your computer in top condition.
- PUP means “Potentially Unwanted Program” – meaning security experts are not exactly in consensus of its nature. Although Arcade Twist Ads is definitely harmful, it is nonetheless legitimate, developed by ArcadeYum LLC, the same people who created Arcade Giant – another PUP. This signifies they are especially untrustworthy as their aggressive advertising is extremely disconcerting.
- We verified the validity of the advertisements – they are real, although far from impartial (there are other websites with such offers). There is also no way to verify the condition of the items that are sold, so even if you feel drawn to the discounts, you may want to play it safe, rather than bold.
- Arcade Twist Ads is commonly believed to be responsible for system slowdowns, browser crashing and major bugs.
How Arcade Twist Ads Entered My Computer
There are three overall paths any virus may take. These are:
- Spam email and their attachments.
- Corrupted links/websites/advertisements, especially on live streamers.
- Free software that comes bundled with Arcade Twist Ads.
Of the three the last one is the only that needs any elaboration. Whenever you download some free tool, optimization utility or a toolbar from websites such as Cnet or InstallREX (but not limited to the mentioned – it can be any website) there is a significant chance the setup will also contain a Arcade Twist Ads. If you are not paying attention it may be installed simultaneously with the other one. However, here’s the catch – it has to ask you at some point. So one of the steps has to include a checkbox or a dropdown menu that you need to consciously click Next on. Most users do not pay attention; if you do, then you can uncheck it and there’s nothing the virus creators can do.
There is a second way to identify Arcade Twist Ads or similar programs before the setup. Check out (fast) the EULA of whatever program you are installing. If there is a mention of them not being held responsible for third party advertising, then you probably have and adware lurking about.
How to Remove Arcade Twist Ads
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.