READERS, START HERE PLEASE! If you are indeed reading these sentences, you have been infected with a type of virus that operates by tricking you. In this case, the deception takes the form of incessant messages across all pages, about missing plugins, updates on real programs you may have installed, supposedly newer C++ packages and so on. Clicking on any of these will result in you downloading and installing another virus. Since we’re pretty sure you don’t want that, if it happens that you click by mistake on one of the messages, be sure to open the task manager and quickly End the process of the setup. In our experience adware (the type Hometechsupportus.com belongs to) are quite annoying and may install themselves even if you click exit.
- Your PC will invariably slow down after you contract Hometechsupportus.com. This will continue until you successfully remove the virus. On older machines, this will result in a severe increase in loading times. If the strain on your PC becomes too much, limit the tabs and programs you have active.
- For a variety of reasons clicking on the ads is not a good idea. They will redirect you to different websites with no clear connection to the product you were viewing. They, these sites, are anything but safe and you risk being infected with more viruses if you remain there.
- If you have any sensitive data on your PC, copy/upload it somewhere else and delete it from your system. Viruses of Hometechsupportus.com’s type are well-known for collecting data from your PC and sending it to their masters. Any accounts related to online payment are exposed as well.
How To Avoid Hometechsupportus.com (And Other Malware)
Hometechsupportus.com can come through several ways, but what I’m about to outline here works for all of them. First of all you need a good anti-virus program – we are not advertising any here, so I will refrain from telling you which ones are these, but do a quick google search and picking won’t be hard. A good anti-virus program can easily block many of the viruses out there. When that happens, the only hole in the security is you yourself. To infiltrate your PC, malware will have to resort to the type of trickery I mentioned at the beginning. In more details, the two main ways they try to do this, are:
- Through “Shell” programs that are simply named to match the search queries of people – books, movies, songs all fall under this category. When you find the result and download it, a virus will be installed instead of the promised file.
- Through freeware. Free programs are quite notorious for often being infected with adware. But here’s the good thing: often, during the setup, they disclose you will be receiving advertisement. So when you see something like this, simply exit the installer:
How to Remove Hometechsupportus.com
(Works for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1)
This, right here, is the Control Panel.
Search around for Hometechsupportus.com and anything else suspicious-looking. Be careful, but not too much – malware sometimes choose different names to confuse you, so take note of anything recently added that seems like a virus to you. Highlight and Uninstall these.
Hometechsupportus.com has infected ALL of your browsers. Apply the steps separately for each of them.
For Internet Explorer Users:
Open IE, then click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find Hometechsupportus.com . Disable it.
If your Home Page is different from the usual, click —–> Internet Options>edit the URL box, type whatever you want, then click Apply.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
Open Firefox, click on (top right) ——-> Add-ons.
Hit Extensions next.
The virus should be somewhere around here – Remove it.
For Google Chrome Users:
Start Chrome, click —–>More Tools —–> Extensions.
In Extensions, click Hometechsupportus.com and select .
The click for the second time, and proceed to Settings —> Search (the fourth tab), select Manage Search Engines. In there, you should remove anything but the search engines you normally use(probably Google).
For Safari Users:
Open Safari, and click Safari —–>Preferences —–> Extensions
Find Hometechsupportus.com then Uninstall.
STEP 3 (Optional)
This step to remove the virus is completely optional. You need to do this only in the case when the steps up until now were not enough to make your troubles go away. If they WERE enough:
You are now clear of the virus. Please consider following us on our channels on Google+, Twitter and Facebook. It will be immensely appreciated, because it will help us grow and in turn – that way we will help more people.
You may also want to check out Step 4 – we’ve prepared a short guide for optimizing PCs after a malware has been removed
If you were not successful, then continue reading.
STEP 4 (Optional)
If you’ve reached this step, then well done for removing Hometechsupportus.com . We’ve prepared a short and sweet optimization guide, specifically designed for users who just removed a virus. It is completely free, you do not need to download anything, and it’s not very time consuming. If you are interested you can check it out here.