This page aims to help you remove InvisiMole Malware. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Below we are discussing one member of the biggest and most terrible cyber threat category nowadays – the notorious Trojan horse family. Its exact name is InvisiMole and it could be described as a subtle virus with very versatile nature, which could be set to carry out various insidious and illegal tasks once installed on your personal computer. As the sources and the potential purposes of such a threat are both numerous, we need to mention the basic ones and explain everything about them below so that you can be aware of what to expect from such a Trojan. Also, we are attaching a special set of instructions down there to help you remove InvisiMole safely and successfully.
Trojans on the whole:
Trojans oftentimes have concrete or fixed purposes. The truth is that the hackers may use them for absolutely everything they want to achieve. Of course, some of their uses are more common than the others and below we have listed the most frequently encountered ones. So, most Trojan Horse versions could be able to:
- Sneak into your computer secretly and silently, giving no actual sign of their existence.;
- Load another virus inside your system – typically, a form of Ransomware. Ransomware viruses often use Trojans as their backdoors – tools for easily reaching a targeted PC and infecting it. If you have not yet heard anything about Ransomware, to briefly explain it – such viruses could encrypt the most commonly used file formats and then make you pay a ransom for decrypting them by threatening you to keep your data locked for good if you don’t obey the demand.;
- Infiltrate your professional network through your PC if it is infected: this bothering possibility is all about accessing some sensitive company info or really important business secrets. You may not personally be the victim of the hackers behind the virus, it could indeed be your workplace or employer.;
- Transform your device into a cryptocurrency mining tool – because of the vast hardware resources needed for crypto-mining, some cyber criminals might use Trojans to hijack your system and exploit all its processing power and GPU for mining bitcoins or some other cryptocurrency.;
- Make your PC a spam-sending instrument – your computer could be used as a spam-distributing centre because of the presence of InvisiMole inside it.;
- Stalk you personally- if the hackers are really after you or your identity, they might use such viruses to invade your system, turn on your webcam and mic, constantly watch you and gather details about you and later exploit the collected information?
Still, there could be a lot more uses, though, the ones above are really the most widely spread ones.
Dealing with InvisiMole Malware:
The removal guide manual below can help you with this arduous task so make sure to give it a try.
InvisiMole Malware Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!
Where could Trojans lurk generally?
In general, Trojan horses might be hiding inside all all kinds of web content. Despite that, their most usual hiding places remain the following ones:
- Attachments of shady emails: some of the spam emails that you could receive might be contagious. Therefore, ensure you stay aware from all the letters that seem questionable and fishy.
- Fake system requests and virus-generated pop-ups (such as online ads) – the hackers could distribute such malware by generating fake web requests through compromised or illegal sites. Some of them could come in the form of fake update or other system requests or web advertisements. The general safety rule here is to NEVER EVER open any of the strange windows, tabs or pop-ups which might appear on your screen if they do not look trustworthy.
- Some torrents, freeware, various web pages – as everything online could be a Trojan source, you need to be particularly careful when downloading anything from the web. Make sure your sources could be trusted!
General safety rules:
It is crucial that you form some safe browsing habits such as making sure that your anti-malware tool is updated. This could spare you a lot of nerves in the future. It is also extremely important to mind the sources of software you use – stick to the ones that are reputable and trusted! What else could help you prevent an infection caused by InvisiMole is to safely handle your emails and always scan their attachments for malware.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Nothing that is really visible.|
|Distribution Method||Fake update requests, contaminated ads, all sorts of spam, illegal web content.|
parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware