This page aims to help you remove JS/ProxyChanger.BW Trojan. These JS/ProxyChanger.BW removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Having your PC infected by a Trojan horse is a challenging ordeal. Getting rid of the virus can be both time and money consuming. With the recent release of JS/ProxyChanger.BW – one of the latest Trojan horse programs, more and more users have started reporting infections by the malicious virus. Therefore, we have written this article to help you handle the threat that JS/ProxyChanger.BW is. In the next paragraphs you will learn everything that you need to know regarding Trojans. Also, below is a removal guide, which will teach you how to effectively remove the nasty virus from your PC, if it has already been infected. Just be sure to read everything within the article itself, because the information provided here is essential in dealing with Trojan horse threats.
Why are Trojans such a major issue?
There are a lot of reasons that make viruses of this type so problematic and difficult to deal with. First and foremost, Trojan horses usually do not have any symptoms. Your PC could have been infected by the malicious software for months without you having any idea about it. That is why it is extremely important that you take all possible precautions to keep your machine safe and well-protected. On some occasions, Trojan horse viruses might make your computer behave oddly, causing crashes, freezes and a general system slowdown. Also, at times you might notice obscure and unsightly online ads that were not displayed before. However, oftentimes there won’t be any signs of the infection. Another reason for Trojans to be such a huge problem and so widely spread is because they can be used for a many different tasks. In the next paragraph we will cover the most common uses of viruses such as JS/ProxyChanger.BW, yet keep in mind that there are certainly many more possibilities that we have not covered. All in all, Trojans are one of the most versatile types of harmful software and this makes them extremely popular among hackers and cyber-criminals.
What are Trojans used for?
As we already said, there are many different tasks that a Trojan can be used for. The following short list will acquaint you with the most common and feared ones.
- Spying – A typical virus of this type can employ a variety of different espionage techniques in order to acquire valuable personal data. The keystroke logging method allows hackers to see everything you type on your keyboard and is oftentimes used to provide the criminal with the victim’s online account details. Another possibility is that the hacker might see what is happening on your screen with the help of the virus. However, the most chilling and feared espionage method is the direct use of your webcam to spy on you. You might not (and probably won’t) even know that the camera is being used during the time the Trojan is spying on you.
- Theft – After the criminal has obtained the needed date, they might later proceed to steal money stored on your online bank account or use your credit card to make purchases without your permission or knowledge. In most cases victims realize what has happened when it is already too late and there is nothing that could be done to revert the process.
- System destruction – Noxious software like JS/ProxyChanger.BW can also be used to annihilate your system and destroy your personal files. In some cases the damage can be repaired and your data can be restored. However, in many instances, after a Trojan attack, your machine might be rendered completely useless where not even a Windows re-install could fix what has been done to the computer.
- Installing more viruses – Trojans can also be used as backdoor programs that allow other viruses to get inside the user’s system. Lately, this approach has been commonly employed in order to distribute the malicious Ransomware type of viruses. Users are usually unaware of what is happening, which makes detecting the process very difficult.
- Mining/Botnet – Another possibility is that your computer gets turned into a spam-bot or a mining-bot. Some Trojans can force your system to execute tasks regardless of whether you have allowed that or not. In most cases this is used to make your machine send out spam e-mails as a part of a botnet or to mine bitcoins that get sent directly to the hacker in charge of the virus.
Obviously, the best way to handle JS/ProxyChanger.BW or another Trojan threat is to keep the malicious program out of your computer. Therefore, make sure that you remember to use the following tips that will help you improve the security and the protection of your PC:
- Get your machine good and high-quality anti-virus software. Also, do not forget to keep the program up-to-date so that it could detect and deal with the latest online threats that might be targeting your system.
- Stay away from shady/illegal sites. You should under no circumstances download any software from unreliable and/or illegal sources.
- Do not open any e-mails or hyperlinks that seem suspicious. Keep in mind that sometimes even people within your contacts list might be sending you a malicious file/link if their machine has been infected.
- Back-up any important data that you might have, so that even if your PC gets infected, you still have a safe copy of all your important files.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||System crashes, freezes and a general slow-down. Often there might not be any symptoms of an JS/ProxyChanger.BW infection!|
|Distribution Method||Malicious spam messages, harmful hyperlinks, illegal sites and infected downloads.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
JS/ProxyChanger.BW Trojan Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
A lot of people ignore what is written and then ask us, so we are putting this information here. To remove parasite without it coming back, you WILL 100% have to: Both of these can damage your system. If you want a fast safe solution, we always recommend SpyHunter, because it has an option, allowing its owners to send a customized fix made for your PC. We guarantee it will work. You can access it at "Spyware HelpDesk" ----> Select Problem Type ---> Unremoved Parasite.
A lot of people ignore what is written and then ask us, so we are putting this information here. To remove parasite without it coming back, you WILL 100% have to:Delete files belonging to suspicious processes in your Task Manager.
Both of these can damage your system. If you want a fast safe solution, we always recommend SpyHunter, because it has an option, allowing its owners to send a customized fix made for your PC. We guarantee it will work. You can access it at "Spyware HelpDesk" ----> Select Problem Type ---> Unremoved Parasite.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
- This step is very important, because you can catch other threats (like Ransomware and Spyware) while looking for the Adware process.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If all the prior steps fail to help you or you have reason to believe your system is exposed to threats like Ransomware, we advise you to download a professional scanner and remover.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!