This page aims to help you remove Karmakitty.info Virus. These Karmakitty.info Virus removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
Karmakitty.info Virus is a malicious application of the Adware type. This type of malware is characterized by the large amount of unwanted advertisements that it will force on the affected user either if the form of pop-ups or hard to close down windows. Another particularly dangerous and annoying trait of this virus are the browser redirects. That is when you try to open a particular web-page but in addition to it or sometimes instead of it another web-page or tab opens up.
|Danger Level||Medium or High|
|Symptoms||Unwanted Ads and Browser redirects, slowed down system performance.|
|Distribution Method||File sharing websites, e-mail attachments, bundled with freeware programs.
1: Enter Safe Mode.
2: Remove Karmakitty.info Virus from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
3: Remove attachments to browser shortcuts.
4: Uninstall the virus from your Add/Remove Programs.
5: Permanently delete the threat from Task Manager’s processes.
6: Uninstall the virus from Regedit and Msconfig.
How were you infected with Karmakitty.info Virus?
Most people don’t know that, but in fact there are a plethora of ways in which you might have caught the Adware infection. We will do our best to explain the most common ones and of course give you some tips on how to avoid it in the future.
- It is a very common this in this this and age for people to download from file-sharing websites and torrent trackers. It is out there, it is easily accessible, we get it and we are not here to try and discourage you from doing whatever you want to do. Some things you should note though – this is very little actual control on what get posted on such websites and it is very easy to download an infected with a virus executable or a hidden bitcoin miner. Be extra careful and always scan before opening any files downloaded from unconfirmed sources.
- One of the oldest methods for malware spreading is the email attachment deception. When you receive an e-mail from people you have not corresponded with before and there’s an attachment in the e-mail be extra cautious and carefully scan and double check the results before downloading or opening any file.
- The most widespread method for Adware infection is through software bundles. In other words when you download a program, mostly some sort of freeware, and initiate the installation process it is a very common occurrence that you might have neglected to spot that additional software is being installed as well. Sometimes it might be a harmless and mostly annoying application, but in many cases you end up with something malicious, as is the case with Karmakitty.info Virus. The way to avoid this is by always checking the advanced installation options before starting the actual installation.
Before you begin the actual removal process, please take a moment to read this. Sine it would be virtually impossible to create a removal guide that will work universally for all variations of Karmakitty.info Virus, and yes, there are many versions floating the web, it is possible that some of the steps might be redundant for your particular stem of the virus. If that is the case then don’t worry and just move on with the rest of our instructions. On the other hand if you have a problem that is not covered in our guide or you simply are not quite sure how to proceed, do not hesitate to ask us in the comments section, we will do our best to accommodate your particular needs.
Karmakitty.info Virus Removal
NOTE! If you are a Mac user, you need to use a completely different guide you can find here:
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is just the first preparation.
The first mandatory thing is to Reveal All Hidden Files and Folders. Read here more how to do it. Each version of Windows does this slightly differently.
- I repeat – it’s extremely important you do this. Karmakitty.info Virus may have hidden some of its files and you need to see them to delete them.
Please be advised that this particular stem of malware is known to be spreading to all internet browsers you have on your PC and fast. Most of our readers are often reverting to removing adware applications from their most often used browsers, notably Chrome and Firefox. But that would not be enough, you will need to repeat step 2 from our guide for all browsers you have to ensure the pest will not come storming right back after a reboot.
Remove the Malware from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, then click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the malware. Remove it by pressing Disable.
If your Home Page is different from the usual, click —–> Internet Options>edit the URL box with your preferred search engine, and click Apply. Also, Reset Your IE Settings
Remove Karmakitty.info Virus from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click on (top right) ——-> Add-ons. Hit Extensions next.
The problem should be lurking somewhere around here – Remove it. Then Refresh Your Firefox Settings.
Remove Karmakitty.info Virus from Chrome:
Start Chrome, click —–>More Tools —–> Extensions. There, find the malware and select .
Click again, and proceed to Settings —> Search, the fourth tab, select Manage Search Engines. Delete everything but the search engines you normally use. After that Reset Your Chrome Settings.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, then click Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but the method is the same for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Once you’ve reached Properties —–> Shortcut (on the band at the top), then in the Target type field, delete EVERYTHING AFTER .exe.
Hold the Start Key and R together. Write appwiz.cpl in the field, then click OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Uninstall any suspicious programs. Also, viruses often spend one last ditch effort to trick you into installing more of their kind. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Hold the Start Key and R again – then copy + paste the following and click OK:
A .txt file will open – don’t type or change it. If you are hacked and someone has access to your PC, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. This is what a hosts file looks like:
If there are a bunch of strange IPs connecting to you below “Localhost” you may be hacked, and it’s best to ask us in the comments for directions.
Right click on the Taskbar and choose “Start Task Manager.”
Then click the Processes Tab. Look at all of the processes in front of you and try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments and we will provide the best assistance we can.
WARNING! DO NOT SKIP THIS PART!
Dear reader you have reached what we like to call for a lack of better term the “point of no return”. Why is that, you may ask? Well, if you do not complete the rest of the remaining instructions you cannot safely assume that you have rid yourself from the virus. It is more than likely still present even if at first your problems seem solved. Keep that in mind.
Also note that the rest of the steps you will be asked to complete are especially hard and tricky and even a small oversight on your part might have pretty significant damaging effect on your device, sometimes even irreversible one. Only continue with this essentially manual removal method if you are prepared to face any and all possible negative consequences. If not we highly recommend you consider downloading and installing a professional program to deal with Karmakitty.info Virus for you.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. Also, End the process after you open the folder. Just to make sure we don’t delete any programs you mistakenly took for a virus, copy the folders somewhere, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Take a look at the following things:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter: you will be transported to a Pop Up window.
Go in the Startup tab and Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If you can’t find them this way, look in these directories, and delete/uninstall the registries manually:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious, but bear in mind they are always different.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
Did we help you? Please, consider helping us by spreading the word!