Perhiptid is a piece of software that modifies settings on your browser without the user’s permission. Or, at the very least, the user isn’t given sufficient notice before giving their consent. The term used to describe this practice of making unauthorized changes to the settings of a browser is “hijacking”, thus in this article, Perhiptid will be referred to as a browser hijacker.
There are many potential modifications to your web browser that third-party software like Perhiptid.com may do. For instance, Perhiptid.com may switch your default search engine to one that isn’t as well-known. It could also alter your browser’s homepage, increasing traffic to the domain you’re now greeted with every time you launch your browser. The typical first reaction of the user is to try to restore the original settings, but that won’t work. When you restart your browser, Perhiptid.com’s modifications will be reinstalled, and you won’t be able to remove or uninstall them until you find and remove all components related to the intrusive program from the system.
That’s why, if you want to regain control of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or your other browser, you’ll need to get rid of the hijacker manually. Since this is often a challenge for users, we’ve created a removal guide to walk you through the process. It’s completely free to use and can be found directly below this post. Don’t stop reading now, however, because this post has a lot of great info that could come in use later.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Perhiptid.com!
How to remove Perhiptid.com
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Perhiptid.com in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Perhiptid.com from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Perhiptid.com.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Perhiptid.com.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Perhiptid.com from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Perhiptid.com extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Perhiptid.com and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Perhiptid.com on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Perhiptid.com extension
- Get rid of Perhiptid.com by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Perhiptid.com” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Perhiptid.com
- Open task manager
- Look for the Perhiptid.com process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Perhiptid.com
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Perhiptid.com” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- Each file will be scanned with up to 64 antivirus programs to ensure maximum accuracyThis scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users.This file is not matched with any known malware in the database. You can either do a full real-time scan of the file or skip it to upload a new file. Doing a full scan with 64 antivirus programs can take up to 3-4 minutes per file.Drag and Drop File Here To ScanAnalyzing 0 s
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Perhiptid.com
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Perhiptid.com in there
- Uninstall Perhiptid.com from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Perhiptid.com-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Perhiptid.com in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is the purpose of browser hijackers?
Browser hijackers are browser extensions that serve no use other than to benefit the developers financially. Paid banners, pop-ups, and other forms of advertising are used to accomplish this. They typically generate revenue in proportion to the number of times their adverts have been viewed or clicked by users.
As a result of this business model, some advertisements and page redirects can be highly intrusive and most users would rather uninstall the program that causes them.
Is Perhiptid.com dangerous?
However, what happens behind the scenes when a browser is hijacked is less evident. Typically, the aggressive ad-generation and page-redirection activity takes a toll on your computer’s resources, which could result in reduced performance or other problems such as browser unresponsiveness or sudden crashes.
However, in addition to this, the types of websites and pages that browser hijackers typically promote are not always trustworthy or even safe. Because of this, if you let Perhiptid.com spam your screen with random pop-ups and don’t remove it, there is always a risk of bumping into viruses and malware like Trojans and ransomware. To avoid this, it’s best not to click on any of the adverts you see. Even better would be to uninstall the source of the promotional messages with the help of the removal guide below or by using the recommended professional Perhiptid.com removal program.