This page aims to help you remove Perisbritneybig.ru “Virus”. These Perisbritneybig.ru removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
The most probable reason why you have landed on this article is because you’ve had an unwanted program called Perisbritneybig.ru “Virus” recently installed onto your computer and are now seeking a way to have it removed. We will help you with that but you first need to get acquainted with some basic but essential information concerning this program. Having a good grasp of what applications such as Perisbritneybig.ru “Virus” do and how they get installed on people’s computers will greatly help you with keeping your machine safe and secured in future.
Software of the Browser Hijacker type
Generally, Perisbritneybig.ru can be categorized as a Browser Hijacker. Applications that fall under this category are known for latching onto the user’s Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE or Edge browser, modifying it by changing its homepage or adding a new search engine, as well as sometimes redirecting the browser to other websites that the user did not intend to visit. All in all, a pretty intrusive and invasive type of program. The reason why Browser Hijackers are such a pain in the neck is because they are used as internet advertising tools. In fact, being as obstructive and as annoying as possible is kind of their prime objective. Oftentimes, programs of this kind will employ different aggressive marketing techniques, just so that they can generate extra revenue for their developers. It is possible that some Browser Hijackers can seem to have some form of useful feature that would make them more desirable and thus increase the chances of you installing them on your PC. However, bear in mind that there’s hardly anything that such a program can offer you, which would make up for the intrusiveness and frustration that you’d have to put up with if you install it on your computer.
A brief comparison
In this next paragraph we will draw a comparison between Browser Hijackers and real computer viruses, such as Ransomware, Trojans, Spyware, etc. Many people refer to Browser Hijackers as malware, but even though programs of this type can be quite unpleasant, they are still quite different than actual malicious PC viruses.
- Symptoms: Browser Hijackers are all about making their presence as evident as possible. They do not try to hide themselves – quite the opposite. In contrast, malware such as Trojan horses and Ransomware always try to remain unnoticed and undetected.
- Legality: Even though Browser Hijackers are almost always unwanted, many programs that fall under this category are actually considered legal. This, of course, does not make them any more desirable. On the other hand, dangerous types of malware like the ones we mentioned above are certainly illegal and used for illegal purposes.
- Damage potential: This is probably the most important difference between Hijackers and actual harmful forms of malware. While most Browser Hijackers would usually not try to attack your PC, corrupt your system data or mess with your personal files, real viruses are always seeking to cause some sort of harm or damage as this is their main purpose.
Hijackers are not to be trusted!
The fact that applications such as Perisbritneybig.ru might not be trying to mess up your computer does not mean that they are incapable of causing other problems. A general rule about programs that do something unwanted on your computer is that you should remove them as soon as you find out about their presence. As far as Browser Hijackers are concerned, here are a couple more potential negative traits that they might posses.
- As we already said above, Browser Hijackers are not strangers to aggressive advertising. This means that they are highly likely to bombard your browser with all sorts of nagging banners, obstructive pop-ups and sketchy box messages that would make your browsing experience miserable and frustrating.
- In an attempt to make their ads more relevant and/or earn some extra income, many programs of that type are known to scan the user’s online history and search entries. The gathered information is utilized within the Hijacker’s ads so as to modify them according to the individual user’s preferences and interests.
- Yet another extremely infuriating problem caused by some Browser Hijackers is when they cause the computer to run slower. This is due to the increased consumption of system resources which can sometimes even lead to crashes and freezes.
How to ensure your system’s safety in the future
In order to help you protect your machine from any more unwanted programs, we have prepared a brief list of useful security tips:
- Make sure that automatic file downloading is disabled on all your browsers.
- Before opening a new email or clicking on a hyperlink that’s been sent to you, make sure it’s not some form of spam. If you’re not certain, do not interact with it.
- Install on your machine a professional scanner for potentially unwanted programs or even better – a malware/adware removal tool.
- Do not visits sites that could potentially have illegal or harmful content.
- Prior to installing a new program, make sure to leave out of the installation any added installs that you think might be some form of an unwanted software. If you cannot find the list of added applications in the setup wizard, you might have to use the Advanced/Custom installation menu. Keep in mind that this file-bundling method for distributing Browser Hijackers is by far one of the most effective and successful.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||If a Browser Hijacker gets on your PC, you can expect unwanted browser modifications such as changed homepage and default search engines as well as sudden page redirects to sites you did not intend on visiting. Intrusive online ads are also quite common with this type of programs.|
|Distribution Method||Different forms of spam (e-mails, Facebook messages containing links, etc.), shady torrent websites and also software bundles.|
parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware
Perisbritneybig.ru “Virus” Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the most important step. Do not skip it if you want to remove Perisbritneybig.ru successfully!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab (the “Details” Tab on Win 8 and 10). Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the start menu and search for Network Connections (On Windows 10 you just write it after clicking the Windows button), press enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are using —> Properties —> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), click Properties.
- The DNS line should be set to Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, set it yourself.
- Click on Advanced —> the DNS tab. Remove everything here (if there is something) —> OK.
- After you complete this step, the threat will be gone from your browsers. Finish the next step as well or it may reappear on a system reboot.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut —> Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but you can do this for Firefox and IE (or Edge).
Properties —–> Shortcut. In Target, remove everything after .exe.
Remove Perisbritneybig.ru from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the threat —> Disable. Go to —–> Internet Options —> change the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked) —> Apply.
Remove Perisbritneybig.ru from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click ——-> Add-ons —-> Extensions.
Find the adware/malware —> Remove.
Remove Perisbritneybig.ru from Chrome:
Close Chrome. Navigate to:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. There is a Folder called “Default” inside:
Rename it to Backup Default. Restart Chrome.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Inside, press CTRL and F together and type the threat’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!