This page aims to help you remove Powerduke Malware. These Powerduke removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
This article has been created to serve the needs of all the users around the globe, who have ever experienced the irritation and possible damages Powerduke Malware might cause. Powerduke is a program, recognized as a Trojan horse virus. More details about this kind of malware are available below. Also, after the following paragraphs you will find all the steps that you need to perform in order to remove this virus.
Which programs are identified as Trojans? What do they typically do?
The family of the Trojan horse viruses is the biggest malware group known to users worldwide. It consists of viruses with different functions and diverse manners of infecting a system. What unites them is the fact that their activities normally go smoothly and unnoticed and the user finds out about the contamination usually only after the virus has completed its evil intentions. Such programs could stay hidden for months after they have snuck into your system, waiting for the perfect moment to attack and cause whatever harm they have been set to cause.
Possible kinds of damage Powerduke (as well as any other Trojan) may result in
Among the many potential types of damage any known Trojan might become the reason for, the most common ones are:
- Corruption of files.
- System crashes.
- Destruction of data.
- Remote system control, including turning on your microphone and webcam and spying on you for some reason.
- Sneaking Ransomware versions inside the infected system – Powerduke may be used as a means of transporting Ransomware around the web.
- Espionage – in case the infected machine is a part of a professional network, any Trojan might be used for penetrating the professional network from a given device. As a result, sensitive data and classified information might get stolen from the company the victim user works for.
- Physical harassment – such online crimes, such as remotely watching the victim user might result in attempts of physically abusing the same person. Many hackers are also prone to physically abusive behavior.
- All forms of theft – by using such malware with the purpose to record essential account details, the hackers might get the opportunity to deprive you of all your deposits and other valuable things they could control from the web. What’s more, your entire identity might get compromised, as all your social media accounts might be hacked and used for spreading spam or even committing cybercrimes.
In what ways can you get infected with Powerduke?
Hackers get very innovative and creative when it comes to spreading Trojans. This malware type has so many various sources that we can conclude you can catch it practically everywhere on the Internet. Still, we have gathered the most typical sources in the list below:
- Suspiciously-looking web pages – all forms of websites, distributing free software, providing free movies, music and access to files that are usually paid, might be potential sources of this kind of malware.
- Some emails from unknown senders might also be carrying such viruses inside them. And not only the letters themselves, but also their corresponding attachments. Everything from an .exe file to an image might have been infected with Powerduke.
- Some hackers may even program this virus to trick you into catching it via displaying a fake update notification on your screen. These alerts usually look strikingly similar to the original update requests but all they could do is to redirect you to dangerous malware-containing online locations.
- Some of the pop-up ads you can come across on the web are NOT genuine and harmless as well. They could also lead to websites with questionable content such as malware. The tricky part here is that you cannot tell the harmless ad from the harm-causing one.
How you might succeed in fighting this infection
Such infections might be really hazardous, but most of them can still be subject to removal. For that purpose we have come up with an effective solution. The removal guide below is our suggestion. Implement all the steps right and this virus should no longer bother you. Hopefully, all your issues will be solved. Still, don’t forget that the only totally effective solution to any malware infection is prevention. All you need to do is to be careful while surfing the Internet. It is full of dangers, some of them really bothering and dangerous. To begin with, learn to avoid the possible sources of Powerduke. Then, install the best anti-virus program currently on the market. Treat it right by updating it and using it for regular scans. This should be enough to keep you away from trouble.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||There are normally no visible signs of any infection.|
|Distribution Method||Various sources, among which fake pop-ups, update requests and spam letters are the most common ones.|
|Detection Tool||parasite may be difficult to track down. Use SpyHunter - a professional parasite scanner - to make sure you find all files related to the infection.|
Powerduke Malware Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
This is the most important and difficult part. If you delete the wrong file, it may damage your system irreversibly. If you can not do this,
>> Download SpyHunter - a professional parasite scanner and remover.
- This step is very important, because you can catch other threats (like Ransomware and Spyware) while looking for the Adware process.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If all the prior steps fail to help you or you have reason to believe your system is exposed to threats like Ransomware, we advise you to download a professional scanner and remover.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!