This page aims to help you remove Prowli Malware. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
We’ve posted this article to help you against Prowli – a very dangerous Trojan Horse malware virus that has recently started attacking users all over the Internet. If we have to describe this malware shortly, we should tell you that it is really hazardous. The reason for that the fact that Trojans are really sneaky and stealthy viruses that can cause various forms of harm to any infected machine without getting notice whatsoever.
In the following few passages you are going to find every detail you need to know about this kind of malware.
Typical traits of the Trojans viruses
Most Trojans are known for being extremely hazardous and dangerous software threats. They are typically capable of entering your system without giving any infection signs and then carrying out their task without you noticing anything suspicious.
Although different Trojans might have different purposes, they are included in one and the same group as of their ability to act in a secretive way and make your computer infected subtly. In reality, very often, the victims have no idea about the fact that their system has been attacked. With this in mind, it is easy to see why those viruses were named after the legend about the ancient wooden horse used by the Greeks to infiltrate the city of Troy.
How to successfully avoid and/or remove Prowli:
For the aim of staying away from any Trojan version, you should know everything about the most basic sources of the known Trojans. You could prevent such serious cyber-threats from affecting you if you avoid them. The discussed below methods are some of the most commonly used methods for spreading Prowli:
- Every type of the Malvertising (the spreading of pop-up ads connected to malware-infected web platforms);
- Various odd or sudden emails, both coming to your Spam Folder and Inbox. It’s generally advisable to avoid interacting with any online message that doesn’t look safe as it could easily be a malware source;
- Different illegal sites that distribute pirated software. Such sites might be illegitimate and indeed include malware.
If you want to uninstall successfully a virus such as Prowli, you should look at our Removal Guide below. Perhaps it will involve useful info and details about how to deal with the issue.
Prowli Malware Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!
Prowli may be used for:
It is obvious that these viruses might be used for a lot of different aims such as:
- The criminals who make and use viruses like Prowli could want your money or your virtual identity. In such cases, Trojans may be exploited for stealing some account data and info that could afterwards allow the criminals to steal your savings or begin controlling your identity, possibly even involving you in cyber crimes. There are all sorts of problems that might come from this and more often than not the user would find out about the malware’s activities when it’s already too late.
- This type of a mischievous programs could be used for installing other kinds of malware on your device. A virus like Prowli might come into your system with the purpose of infecting it with other forms of bad viruses such as various Ransomware versions. If you do not know what Ransomware is, this is yet another highly-malicious malware category that can lock up your data files and keep them that way until you pay a ransom for the file’s restoration. No guarantee could be given for the bringing back of the encoded files, no matter what the victim user does.
- The Internet criminals behind Prowli could also seek to personally stalk on you. Such cyber-criminals might use Trojan malware with the aim to break into your system and follow everything you do on your PC. Your web cameras and microphones might also be used remotely for the purposes of stalking on you.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||The virus mostly stays unnoticed without showing any infection symptoms.|
|Distribution Method||Via fake ads, system requests and contaminated web pages, torrents, spam.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|