This page aims to help you remove Puklusi.ru “Virus” Ads. These Puklusi.ru “Virus” Ads removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
If your Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge browser has been taken out of your control and filled with obscure and unwanted new toolbars, search engine or if it’s homepage has been changed without your permission, then you are likely dealing with Puklusi.ru “Virus”. This article will help you get a better grasp of what this program is used for and what it can do to your computer. You will also learn a number of different methods of uninstalling and removing the unwanted software. We have systemized those methods in a detailed guide manual that can be found below the current article. Once you are done reading here, make sure to head down to the guide and use it to remove the invasive program from your PC.
Concerning Puklusi.ru (a Browser Hijacker)
Browser Hijackers are some of the most widely spread and commonly encountered types of PUP’s (potentially unwanted programs). Puklusi.ru, too, falls under this category due to its intrusiveness and ability to invade your browser and mess with its settings. For the most part, Browser Hijackers are used for marketing purposes. However, unlike other forms of online advertising, the methods utilized by these unwanted programs are somewhat aggressive and often very obstructive. Additionally, most Hijackers do not have any actual value for the users themselves. Furthermore, even the ones that actually come with some seemingly useful feature, it’s just there to make the software more appealing and increase its chances of getting downloaded and installed by more people, which effectively increases the overall profit that the Hijacker developers obtain through their product.
Puklusi.ru and malware
Often the term “malware” is used to describe any form of unwanted software that gets on the user’s computer. However, this usually leads to many people believing that their machine has been attacked by some highly harmful computer virus, while in fact they are dealing with nothing but an annoying browser Hijacker. Programs such as Puklusi.ru might not be desirable and are surely intrusive, but this does not mean that they are some sort of nasty Ransomware or malicious Trojan horse virus. For the most part, they are actually quite harmless to the PC. After all, their purpose and goal isn’t to damage your system. However, this is not to say that they should be allowed to stay on your computer. Though they might be relatively safe, they are still known to execute a number of tasks that are, to say the least, unwanted.
What Hijackers are capable of:
As mentioned in the previous paragraph, there are quite a few sketchy traits and features that most Browser Hijackers possess and here are the most common ones:
- One of the things that Browser Hijackers are known for is their ability to scan through the user’s online search history. This helps the program to later fill your browser with ads that are relevant to your personal preferences. This is a clever marketing scheme that is rapidly growing in popularity and Browser Hijacker developers are making sure to utilize it to its limit.
- Since these programs are mainly used for marketing purposes, it should go without saying that your browser would likely be subjected to all forms of online ads, pop-ups and banners that come directly from the unwanted software. Ad-blockers are not going to fix this since the source of the ads is going to remain on your computer until you remove it yourself.
- Another very common issue with Browser Hijackers is that they often cause PC slow-down and in some cases even freezes/crashes. This is because often their processes require large amounts of virtual memory and processor time which leads to slowing-down and system instability.
The last thing that you need to learn from this article, before you head down to the removal guide, is how to fend off Browser Hijackers in the future. Generally, this is not an overly complicated task and as long as you follow several essential rules, your computer should remain safe and clean. Here is a short list of the things you need to consider in order to avoid programs like Puklusi.ru from now on:
- Be careful with the websites that you visit. It is very important to stay away from ones that have shady content and/or are not trustworthy. Never click on obscure banners and ads within file-sharing sites, since those can directly land you a Browser Hijacker.
- Make sure that your browser always asks for permission to download files. This can be done through the browser settings. That way, if something tries to get downloaded onto your PC, you’d be able to see it and determine for yourself whether it is okay to allow the download to proceed or if you should cancel it in case the file looks suspicious.
- Never open any form of junk mail, hyperlinks or any other form of spam. Sometimes it might be hard to determine whether a message is spam or not, so always think twice before you open anything, if you are not sure what it is.
- Uncheck any added installs inside the setup wizard when installing new programs since often such file bundling is used to distribute Browser Hijackers. If you cannot find any added applications to the main program, look for an Advanced installation option since they might be hidden in there.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||An unwanted new toolbar and default search engine added to your browser, as well as a changed homepage are the most common indications of a Browser Hijacker.|
|Distribution Method||Junk mail with attached files or containing shady links, torrent sites and other file-sharing sites, internet banners/ads and also file bundles.|
parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware
Puklusi.ru “Virus” Ads Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the most important step. Do not skip it if you want to remove Puklusi.ru successfully!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab (the “Details” Tab on Win 8 and 10). Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the start menu and search for Network Connections (On Windows 10 you just write it after clicking the Windows button), press enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are using —> Properties —> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), click Properties.
- The DNS line should be set to Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, set it yourself.
- Click on Advanced —> the DNS tab. Remove everything here (if there is something) —> OK.
- After you complete this step, the threat will be gone from your browsers. Finish the next step as well or it may reappear on a system reboot.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut —> Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but you can do this for Firefox and IE (or Edge).
Properties —–> Shortcut. In Target, remove everything after .exe.
Remove Puklusi.ru from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the threat —> Disable. Go to —–> Internet Options —> change the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked) —> Apply.
Remove Puklusi.ru from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click ——-> Add-ons —-> Extensions.
Find the adware/malware —> Remove.
Remove Puklusi.ru from Chrome:
Close Chrome. Navigate to:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. There is a Folder called “Default” inside:
Rename it to Backup Default. Restart Chrome.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Inside, press CTRL and F together and type the threat’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!