This page aims to help you remove the Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec infection. These Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
If you have recently discovered that your machine has been infected by a virus called Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec, we’re not going to lie – you might be in some serious trouble. Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec is a Trojan horse and a member of the most numerous family of malware, comprising a rough 80% of all computer viruses out there. Named after the famous hollow wooden horse that helped the Greeks enter Troy and effectively win the Trojan war, these viruses use stealth and deceitful tactics to infiltrate a victim’s machine, much like their mythical counterpart. We’ve created the following article with the intent of educating our readers about this dangerous type of malware and below we have also compiled a guide that will help you locate and remove the malicious piece of software quickly and effectively, before it can cause any more harm than it already has.
Why Trojans are so popular
The family of cyber threats, to which Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec infection belongs to, is notorious for its stealth and wide range of functions. Thanks to their incredible arsenal of capabilities, Trojans have become the most widespread threat on the Internet. While we cannot pinpoint the exact purpose of Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec on your machine in particular, we will outline the main uses of Trojans in general, just so as to give you a broader perspective of what it is you’re dealing with.
- Your computer may have been targeted by Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec infection with the aim of deleting information from it. This is most commonly achieved by formatting the drives of your system, thus wiping them clean of the information that was stored on them. However, if this hasn’t happened already, this is rather unlikely to be your case, as in these events the malicious actions usually take place immediately.
- A more probable use for this Trojan could be stealing information from you. This could be work-related data, especially if your computer is connected to a network of some corporation, etc. The Trojan may be planted to extract sensitive information that could be used to harm the company, for example. If you have been targeted as a private person, the same virus might be exploited for the purpose of stealing personal information, hijacking your identity, gaining access to online bank accounts, etc. As you may guess, any of the above may have dire consequences for you, which makes removing Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec of crucial importance.
- Resource use. Your computer could have been hacked to take advantage of its resources. There are many possible reasons for that, one being mining cryptocurrencies. You could potentially even begin to notice a dramatic increase in power consumption for no apparent reason, which would be a direct result of such activity. Another reason why your PC’s resources might be needed could be converting your machine into a bot. That way it can remotely be made to send out spam or infect other computers within the same network.
- Trojans are also notorious spies. They can be used to hack your webcam and/or mic and provide hackers with the ability to spy and eavesdrop on you. This in turn opens the possibilities for actual physical crimes to occur, as the information gained through such activity, could be used to, say, burgle your house, stalk you, rob you, etc. There are numerous options to choose from and each is more gruesome than the other.
- Transporting other viruses. Trojans are also often used to aid threats like ransomware in infecting computers. Let it be noted that ransomware is currently the world’s most dangerous virus, so keeping this is mind is of utter importance. Once the Trojan has been activated by the unsuspecting user, it automatically downloads the ransomware onto that machine and the latter begins to place a strong encryption on the files stored there. As a result of this, the victim is denied access to their own data and is extorted by the cybercriminals behind the infection, using those encoded files as leverage.
Viruses like Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec owe their success to their distribution mechanisms, which rely heavily on deluding users and gaining their trust. Most Trojans are spread by means of social engineering and can be sent via email and social media, disguised as harmless attachments or links. In addition to this, fake online ads that have been injected with the malicious script are also a very popular technique. With the most common sources now in mind, it’s best to stay critical towards any content sent to you that may appear suspicious or untrustworthy. We also recommend staying away from online ads and purchasing a reputable anti-malware tool that will help shield your PC from any potential future infections. Now, without further ado, our removal guide here will help you manually delete this threat from your machine. If you are unsure of your computing skills and would prefer to trust a program to handle the task for you, our special removal tool will do just the trick in only a few clicks.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Trojans are notorious for their stealth and generally do not exhibit any signs of their presence on a given machine.|
|Distribution Method||Various means of social engineering via spam emails, social media, infected torrents and malvertisements.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
Rdn/Trojan.worm 055bccac9fec Infection Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
- This step is very important, because you can catch other threats (like Ransomware and Spyware) while looking for the Adware process.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If all the prior steps fail to help you or you have reason to believe your system is exposed to threats like Ransomware, we advise you to download a professional scanner and remover.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!