If your computer has been infected by 1-888-834-1353 ,yes, we know, it is incredibly annoying and yes, it can be removed.
1-888-834-1353 is a type of malware that floods your computer with fake advertisements and other unwanted messages. In order to do so it spies on your browsing history, cookies and other personal data – it might even copy your online billing details and passwords. Thus it is of utmost importance not to delay and remove it immediately.
- The first and most important thing you have to realize is that 1-888-834-1353 can’t harm your machine unless you allow it access through your own actions. For that matter, we want you to be especially diligent in remembering to ignore everything created by the virus, because any content associated with the virus is likely infected with more malware and it may be entirely fraudulent. Immediately close all windows created by 1-888-834-1353 via the task manager.
This includes (especially) any missing plug-in prompts or “free” virus search or removal tools.
But at this point the more important thing you should ask yourself is – how was I infected and what should I do in the future to avoid such threats. Below you’ll find the means to get yourself rid of this pest, but please take the time to read this section. Prevention is the best type of defense.
Unfortunately with the vastness of the internet it’s not easy to list all possibilities and tricks the hackers use. Nevertheless, below are listed some of the most common methods of spreading viruses like 1-888-834-1353:
- “Mail bomb” – a very old and well-known method. It basically sends a fake email with an attached .exe file named in a way that is related to everyday activities – a “photo” or an “Invoice.”
- “Fake download link” – used mainly in internet forum communities and blogs – a link promising download to something that interests the user, but downloading the virus instead.
- “Missing plug-in” – usually found in malicious streaming or tube sites. It demands that you install a fake plug-in to play the featured content.
And likely the most common and popular candidate:
- “Packaged software” – most free/shareware programs come packaged with additional free programs, as part of a bundle. Often these additional programs are in fact adware in the form of search bars and toolbars. Risks exponentially increase when downloading said free programs from a site different from the site of the original creator of the app.
The best defense against these threats is user caution. Always read carefully the wizard while installing free apps. Don’t open emails and links from people you don’t know or trust. It may sound simplistic, but this really is your best weapon against malware. The most common types of viruses cannot infect your system unless YOU allow them access.
How to Remove 1-888-834-1353
(Works for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1)
This, right here, is the Control Panel.
Search around for 1-888-834-1353 and anything else suspicious-looking. Be careful, but not too much – malware sometimes choose different names to confuse you, so take note of anything recently added that seems like a virus to you. Highlight and Uninstall these.
1-888-834-1353 has infected ALL of your browsers. Apply the steps separately for each of them.
For Internet Explorer Users:
Open IE, then click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find 1-888-834-1353 . Disable it.
If your Home Page is different from the usual, click —–> Internet Options>edit the URL box, type whatever you want, then click Apply.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
Open Firefox, click on (top right) ——-> Add-ons.
Hit Extensions next.
The virus should be somewhere around here – Remove it.
For Google Chrome Users:
Start Chrome, click —–>More Tools —–> Extensions.
In Extensions, click 1-888-834-1353 and select .
The click for the second time, and proceed to Settings —> Search (the fourth tab), select Manage Search Engines. In there, you should remove anything but the search engines you normally use(probably Google).
For Safari Users:
Open Safari, and click Safari —–>Preferences —–> Extensions
Find 1-888-834-1353 then Uninstall.
STEP 3 (Optional)
This step to remove the virus is completely optional. You need to do this only in the case when the steps up until now were not enough to make your troubles go away. If they WERE enough:
You are now clear of the virus. Please consider following us on our channels on Google+, Twitter and Facebook. It will be immensely appreciated, because it will help us grow and in turn – that way we will help more people.
You may also want to check out Step 4 – we’ve prepared a short guide for optimizing PCs after a malware has been removed
If you were not successful, then continue reading.
STEP 4 (Optional)
If you’ve reached this step, then well done for removing 1-888-834-1353 . We’ve prepared a short and sweet optimization guide, specifically designed for users who just removed a virus. It is completely free, you do not need to download anything, and it’s not very time consuming. If you are interested you can check it out here.