Removal Guide

Remove “Ads by Deals Avenue”

Parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs installed with it. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes. 

Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware

More information on SpyHunter, steps to uninstallEULAThreat Assessment Criteria, and Privacy Policy.


Ads by Deals Avenue

The Deals Avenue Ads virus is an adware (the least harmful type) but it should be removed immediately nevertheless, as it can potentially open doors for far worse specimens. This happens over time and you shouldn’t be immediately worries, but make sure to not dally and follow the instructions below. That being said, we urge you to read the rest of this article, as we believe it will be instrumental in teaching you how to avoid malware in the future – something all users should learn eventually.


WARNING! REMEMBER WHAT IS WRITTEN HERE! Ads by Deals Avenue has begun tracking your browsing history, cookies, accounts and habits the moment it first spread. Obviously this is intentional, but you likely don’t know the true purpose of this. Whoever created the virus will be able to access the information about a week after you first encountered Deals Avenue Ads. The ultimate goal is to steal any accounts connected to credit cards or other sensitive information. We would like to err on the side of caution and plead for you to change ALL passwords after you feel you’ve successfully remove Ads by Deals Avenue. Apart from this we wanted to share a few of the most well-known side effects you may encounter:

1. The first are the advertisements of course – not only their presence, but their effect. Aside from receiving pop ups and advertisements on top of video streaming websites, the ads cause machines to slow down significantly. The CPU has to generate and impose them on top of the websites’ design, which takes a lot of its cycles.

2. Related to the previous point, older machines may experience sound stuttering while playing music, glitching, outright freezing or even the famous blue screen of death.

3. One of the most dangerous things that can happen is to click on the ads and get redirected to websites. The websites you land on have about a 30% chance of containing more viruses like Deals Avenue Ads, which makes sense if you pause for a moment. The other 70% are the promoted websites – but whoever created this thing doesn’t want you to delete it easily, so they ensure you’ll continue receiving ads by having it trick you into installing more of them. The websites you land on are set to start downloading a .exe file that will autorun a setup once the download finishes. Don’t let it come to that – cancel the download and delete any traces of Ads by Deals Avenue’s sibling. If you can’t to that don’t touch the setup – rather open the Task Manager, find its process and end it.

How to Remove Ads by Deals Avenue


Our first step here is a reboot in Windows Safe Mode. If you already know how to do it, just skip this and proceed to Step 2. If you do not know how to do it, continue reading:

For Windows 98, XP, Millenium and 7 Users:

Restart your computer. To be sure you don’t miss the window of time when you need to press it, just spam F8 as soon as the PC starts booting. In the new menu, choose Safe Mode With Networking.


Proceed to Step 2.

For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Users:

 Press the Windows Key and R at the same time. Select the Boot tab in the new window that appears.


Then check the Safe Boot option and click OK.  Click  Restart in the new pop-up.

system- config

Proceed to Step 2.

For OS X Users:

When you Mac is turned off, press the Power Button. After you hear the Startup Sound, immediately press and hold the Shift key until the Apple logo appears.

Proceed to Step 2.


  Deals Avenue Ads has infected ALL of your browsers. Apply the steps separately for each one.

ie9-10_512x512  For Internet Explorer Users:

Open IE, then click  IE GEAR —–> Manage Add-ons.

pic 3

Find Ads by Deals Avenue. Disable it.

If your Home Page is different from the usual, click IE GEAR —–> Internet Options>edit the URL box with your preferred search engine, and click Apply.

firefox-512  For Mozilla Firefox Users:

Open Firefoxclick on mozilla menu (top right) ——-> Add-ons.

pic 5.

Hit Extensions next.

pic 6

Deals Avenue Ads  should be somewhere around here –  Remove it.

chrome-logo-transparent-background For Google Chrome Users

 Start Chrome, click chrome menu icon —–>More Tools —–> Extensions.


pic 7

In  Extensions,  find the virus and  select  chrome-trash-icon.

pic 8

 Click chrome menu icon   again, and proceed to Settings —> Search (the fourth tab), select Manage Search Engines.  Remove anything but the search engines you normally use.

pic 9

safari For Safari Users:

Open Safari, and click Safari —–>Preferences —–> Extensions—–>Uninstall the malware.


(Works for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1)

Hold windows-buttonand R together. Write appwiz.cpl  in the new field, then click OK.


You are now in the Control Panel. Search around for Ads by Deals Avenue and anything else suspicious-looking.   Uninstall  it/them. Also, be extremely careful. Viruses often spend one last ditch effort to trick you into installing more of their kind. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstallchoose NO:



This is perhaps the most important and difficult step, so be extremely careful. Open the Task Manager by right clicking on the Taskbar and choosing Start Task Manager.


Once it opens, choose the Processes Tab. Look at all of the processes in front of you and try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments and we will provide the best assistance we can. If the virus returns later on, the reason is that you missed something here.


Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. Also, End the process after you open the folder. Just to make sure we don’t delete any programs you mistakenly took for a virus, copy the folders somewhere, then delete the directories you were sent to.


We’ve had reports that this virus can come back after you uninstall it. This usually takes place on system boot. If this happens, do the following:

Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.

Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. Alternatively, if you can’t find any this way, look in these directories, and delete the registries manually:

  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random numbers
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random


STEP 6 – Optimization

And that’s it. Well done for removing Deals Avenue Ads. We’ve prepared a short and sweet optimization guide, specifically designed for users who just removed a virus. It is completely free, you do not need to download anything, and it’s not very time consuming. If you are interested, you can check it out here.


Leave a Comment