Ads By SuperClick Overview
READERS! START HERE, PLEASE! Ads By SuperClick is a virus application that you should remove immediately from your system for safety measures. The first thing you should do is try to determine when exactly the infection began. Also, it is extremely important to know that this type of malware operates chiefly through deception, because they do not have the necessary tools to take control away from you. Hence they try to manipulate you. To that goal in mind, they will develop and show you several different messages. If you click on any of them, more and more viruses will be installed. If you see the following messages, do not click them at any costs; if you do, immediately bring up the task manager and end the process of the setup that starts:
- Missing plugin banners – these are the most common messages, seen while you are browsing on most websites. Usually displayed at the sides of the page.
- Different updates on reputable programs, Java, Flash Player, even windows updates are fair game. Note: these are not exclusive to browsers. They may show up as small pop-up windows even while you are performing routine tasks on your PC.
- Video player updates – usually overlayed on top of real player when you browse.
- Supposed anti-virus programs that want to scan your PC for detected viruses. Talk about having gall – the virus tells you you have a virus.
Aside from these things, I will outline several of the known effects associated with Ads By SuperClick:
- A sluggishness of the system. This is not exclusive to old systems – it can be felt practically on any PC. Stuttering is a constant companion of this. Basically the problem is that the ads are generated by your PC, not just loaded from websites. This takes a big part of your CPU’s power.
- You will be redirected to different websites if you click on the hyperlinks/ads. These sites are a breeding ground for viruses. Chances are you will be infected with more adware in no time at all, so leave them as soon as you are able.
- A very important factor here is time. The moment you were infected, Ads By SuperClick began collecting personal information, cookies, user accounts and passwords. This information is later sent to whoever created Ads By SuperClick. The usual period is 5-7 days. If some accounts use your credit card credentials we recommend that you change them immediately after removing Ads By SuperClick.
How to Remove Ads By SuperClick
Our first step here is a reboot in Windows Safe Mode. If you already know how to do it, just skip this and proceed to Step 2. If you do not know how to do it, continue reading:
For Windows 98, XP, Millenium and 7 Users:
Restart your computer. To be sure you don’t miss the window of time when you need to press it, just spam F8 as soon as the PC starts booting. In the new menu, choose Safe Mode With Networking.
Proceed to Step 2.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Users:
Press the Windows Key and R at the same time. Select the Boot tab in the new window that appears.
Then check the Safe Boot option and click OK. Click Restart in the new pop-up.
Proceed to Step 2.
For OS X Users:
When you Mac is turned off, press the Power Button. After you hear the Startup Sound, immediately press and hold the Shift key until the Apple logo appears.
Proceed to Step 2.
Ads By SuperClick has infected ALL of your browsers. Apply the steps separately for each one.
For Internet Explorer Users:
Open IE, then click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find Ads By SuperClick . Disable it.
If your Home Page is different from the usual, click —–> Internet Options>edit the URL box with your preferred search engine, and click Apply.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
Open Firefox, click on (top right) ——-> Add-ons.
Hit Extensions next.
Ads By SuperClick should be somewhere around here – Remove it.
For Google Chrome Users:
Start Chrome, click —–>More Tools —–> Extensions.
In Extensions, find the virus and select .
Click again, and proceed to Settings —> Search (the fourth tab), select Manage Search Engines. Remove anything but the search engines you normally use.
For Safari Users:
Open Safari, and click Safari —–>Preferences —–> Extensions—–>Uninstall the malware.
(Works for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1)
You are now in the Control Panel. Search around for Ads By SuperClick and anything else suspicious-looking. Uninstall it/them. Also, be extremely careful. Viruses often spend one last ditch effort to trick you into installing more of their kind. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
This is perhaps the most important and difficult step, so be extremely careful. Open the Task Manager by right clicking on the Taskbar and choosing Start Task Manager.
Once it opens, choose the Processes Tab. Look at all of the processes in front of you and try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments and we will provide the best assistance we can. If the virus returns later on after you supposedly removed it, the reason is that you missed something here.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. Also, End the process after you open the folder. Just to make sure we don’t delete any programs you mistakenly took for a virus, copy the folders somewhere, then delete the directories you were sent to.
STEP 5 – Optimization
And that’s it. Well done for removing Ads By SuperClick. We’ve prepared a short and sweet optimization guide, specifically designed for users who just removed a virus. It is completely free, you do not need to download anything, and it’s not very time consuming. If you are interested, you can check it out here.