BestVideoConverter Ads Overview
BestVideoConverter Ads is a virus categorized as adware (the word comes from “advertisement” and malware”), and as the name suggests, it is distributed by being bundled with several different video cutters and converters. What you probably don’t know though is that adware are well-known for tricking users into either installing more viruses like them, or installing an entirely different breed (and a much more dangerous one) called ransomware: and frankly these are the ones you should fear. They are capable of locking up the majority of your data and asking for a “ransom” payment to release it. Since (we assume) you clearly don’t want that happening, we decided to list the most famous tricks BestVideoConverter Ads might try to pull on you:
- Varying fake updates typically posing as windows updates, Java, Flash Player, or Acrobat Reader. These updates are NOT only seen in browsers though, so be extra careful. Basically the virus can present itself as every single possible popular program.
- Another possibility is for BestVideoConverter Ads to pose as an anti-virus program. It may even display some images that make it look like Nortson, Avira or Kaspersky, among others. Do not agree to any scans or database updates.
- If you happen to click on any of the advertisements, there’s a solid chance you will be redirected to completely random websites. But it turns out they aren’t random. Seconds after you land on them, a download will probably be scheduled to start. If this catches you with your guard down, and you can’t react fast enough to cancel the download, I want you to immediately open up the Task Manager by clicking CTRL+ALT+DEL and stop any process that is named in the same way as the accompanying setup. This is extremely important. If you can not do it, you will probably have to take care of another virus.
- BestVideoConverter Ads will likely impose itself on Youtube and similar video websites. An ad will be put on top of every video you watch, trying to make you renew the software to a version that supposedly just came out.
They key here is to ignore basically everything until you’ve dealt with malware. Forget these tricks. Just don’t agree to any update or any pop up until you’ve sifter through BestVideoConverter Ads and destroyed it. Apart from these things, there are a few universally recognized side-effects you might feel, among those:
- A sluggishness of the PC; Increased loading times; Freezing, Browser Crashing and system errors.
- Sound glitching/stuttering while playing music and other sound effects like clicking.
How to Remove BestVideoConverter Ads
Our first step here is a reboot in Windows Safe Mode. If you already know how to do it, just skip this and proceed to Step 2. If you do not know how to do it, continue reading:
For Windows 98, XP, Millenium and 7 Users:
Restart your computer. To be sure you don’t miss the window of time when you need to press it, just spam F8 as soon as the PC starts booting. In the new menu, choose Safe Mode With Networking.
Proceed to Step 2.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Users:
Press the Windows Key and R at the same time. Select the Boot tab in the new window that appears.
Then check the Safe Boot option and click OK. Click Restart in the new pop-up.
Proceed to Step 2.
For OS X Users:
When you Mac is turned off, press the Power Button. After you hear the Startup Sound, immediately press and hold the Shift key until the Apple logo appears.
Proceed to Step 2.
BestVideoConverter Ads has infected ALL of your browsers. Apply the steps separately for each one.
For Internet Explorer Users:
Open IE, then click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find BestVideoConverter Ads . Disable it.
If your Home Page is different from the usual, click —–> Internet Options>edit the URL box with your preferred search engine, and click Apply.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
Open Firefox, click on (top right) ——-> Add-ons.
Hit Extensions next.
BestVideoConverter Ads should be somewhere around here – Remove it.
For Google Chrome Users:
Start Chrome, click —–>More Tools —–> Extensions.
In Extensions, find the virus and select .
Click again, and proceed to Settings —> Search (the fourth tab), select Manage Search Engines. Remove anything but the search engines you normally use.
For Safari Users:
Open Safari, and click Safari —–>Preferences —–> Extensions—–>Uninstall the malware.
(Works for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1)
You are now in the Control Panel. Search around for BestVideoConverter Ads and anything else suspicious-looking. Uninstall it/them. Also, be extremely careful. Viruses often spend one last ditch effort to trick you into installing more of their kind. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
This is perhaps the most important and difficult step, so be extremely careful. Open the Task Manager by right clicking on the Taskbar and choosing Start Task Manager.
Once it opens, choose the Processes Tab. Look at all of the processes in front of you and try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments and we will provide the best assistance we can. If the virus returns later on after you supposedly removed it, the reason is that you missed something here.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. Also, End the process after you open the folder. Just to make sure we don’t delete any programs you mistakenly took for a virus, copy the folders somewhere, then delete the directories you were sent to.
STEP 5 – Optimization
And that’s it. Well done for removing BestVideoConverter Ads. We’ve prepared a short and sweet optimization guide, specifically designed for users who just removed a virus. It is completely free, you do not need to download anything, and it’s not very time consuming. If you are interested, you can check it out here.