SearchBlox Malware is a Trojan horse infection that can sneak inside computers without being detected and can start a number of malicious processes in them. Typically, SearchBlox Malware is used for illegal activities such as theft of confidential data and credentials, espionage, system corruption and virus distribution.
We advise you to remain on this website and read the information that this article provides, if you think that a Trojan infection such as SearchBlox Malware is currently present in your computer. Here you can find valuable details about the nature of the malicious program, its potentially dangerous features and its removal options.
Threats like the SearchBlox Malware are very problematic online threats as they are not only very stealthy and difficult to detect but also very versatile. The SearchBlox Malware virus can execute different and totally unrelated harmful activities in the system one after the other and can be used for a number of online crimes such as blackmail, espionage, banking fraud, identity theft and more.
Unlike ordinary computer viruses, these infections do not replicate, so, in theory, it should be enough to remove all the Trojan-related files and system entries in order to get rid of them. Unfortunately, it can be very challenging to detect which precisely are the Trojan-related files that need to be removed among all the files in your system, especially if you have to do this manually without the help of professional security software.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove SearchBlox Malware!
How to remove SearchBlox Malware
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find SearchBlox Malware in the programs list that would show up.
- Select SearchBlox Malware from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to SearchBlox Malware.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to SearchBlox Malware.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove SearchBlox Malware from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the SearchBlox Malware extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to SearchBlox Malware and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of SearchBlox Malware on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the SearchBlox Malware extension
- Get rid of SearchBlox Malware by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “SearchBlox Malware” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete SearchBlox Malware
- Open task manager
- Look for the SearchBlox Malware process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete SearchBlox Malware
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “SearchBlox Malware” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- Each file will be scanned with up to 64 antivirus programs to ensure maximum accuracyThis scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users.This file is not matched with any known malware in the database. You can either do a full real-time scan of the file or skip it to upload a new file. Doing a full scan with 64 antivirus programs can take up to 3-4 minutes per file.Drag and Drop File Here To ScanAnalyzing 0 s
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall SearchBlox Malware
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for SearchBlox Malware in there
- Uninstall SearchBlox Malware from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Hostingcloud. racing-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to SearchBlox Malware in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
If you have the popular extension SearchBlox installed on Google Chrome, you should immediately uninstall it. The extension “SearchBlox” on the Chrome web store contained malware. The code stole account credentials and items from the Roblox trading platform Rolimons. the processes that Trojan horses such as SearchBlox Malware can execute can have the same or nearly identical names as some regular OS processes which the normal web users may not be able to identify. In certain instances, SearchBlox Malware may potentially hijack a given system process and use it as a cover up. That’s why, it can be impossible to stop the malicious process without interfering with critical systems files and operations. The same applies to most Trojan-related files – they can have file names identical to those in your system or they can be located in system directories where it may be challenging to find them. For this reason, the best way to successfully remove a Trojan-based virus like SearchBlox Malware is to use the help of advanced antimalware software (such as the one that you can find on this page) or strictly follow all the steps in the removal guide that we have prepared for you below.
If you don’t do anything to detect and delete the infection as soon as possible, you should be prepared to face a number of serious issues. Trojans are among the most multifunctional types of malware and are famous for their many possible malicious uses and their high flexibility. A threat like SearchBlox Malware can perform equally good as a tool of espionage when spying on you through your web camera or microphone and taking audio and video records of your conversations and surrounding, as well as when acting as a keylogger and keeping track of your keystrokes. Such malware can also easily detect vulnerabilities in your system and invite more malware (especially Ransomware, Spyware, Rootkits and other viruses) through them. That’s why, in order not to leave more room for other infections, it is important to act now and remove SearchBlox Malware immediately.