This page aims to help you remove .Shit File Virus for free. Our instructions also cover how any .Shit Virus file can be recovered.
If anything on the web could be defined as deadly, it would be a Ransomware virus. Just like the one discussed in the article below – .Shit File. This is a really threatening program, aiming to encrypt all the files that you have recently accessed or regularly do.
A detailed description of Ransomware
Ransomware is the common name for all malware programs that have the ability to lock up something on your PC and to request money after that for giving it back to you. There are different subtypes of Ransomware:
- monitor-locking PC Ransomware – this subtype just locks up your screen, without encrypting any actual data, and then demands a ransom in a full-screen notification for giving you back the access to your monitor and all the things covered with the alert message.
- data-encoding Ransomware – this is the most famous subgroup of these viruses. The ones from this subtype normally use a Trojan horse virus to invade your computer. After that they scan your PC for the files that you seem to open most. In the end, all these files get encrypted with a double-component key and you are left with no access to them. The hackers then send a ransom-demanding alert message that gets displayed. This subtype is probably the most frightening one.
- screen-blocking mobile Ransomware – this is the mobile equivalent of the monitor-locking computer version. This virus infects smartphones and makes their screens inaccessible, covering them with the ransom-requesting pop-up. Again, you need to give the hackers your money in exchange for the control over your phone.
- Believe it or not, even official government agencies use Ransomware-type viruses, but not to aid criminals, but to fight them instead. Hackers who are abusing someone’s rights could be made to pay a fine by the viruses sent by these agencies.
Whatever type of Ransomware you have been faced with, you need to know that these programs are among the most difficult to be dealt with and stopped. Even if they get uninstalled, their effects might not be counteracted. It means that simply deleting such a virus doesn’t equal recovering the encrypted files. The reviewed virus here, .Shit, belongs to the data-encoding subgroup and possesses all the corresponding characteristics listed above.
Where is .Shit Virus more likely to be found?
To be completely precise, there is not a place that we can condemn as a sure source of Ransomware. Such malware could be hiding inside web pages, torrents, shareware. According to the statistics most of the affected users have caught such a virus either from contagious spam letters and their attachments, or from clicking on a fake advertisement. Fake ads represent simple online advertisements that have been manipulated to redirect you to contaminated websites or to directly infect the user with a virus (the practice is better known as malvertising).
What could be done to fight such a serious threat as .Shit Ransomware?
The infection with a Ransomware-based malicious program is among the most disturbing one, partly because it is very difficult to get rid of such a virus and its consequences. Our advice in this case is NOT to rush with the payment of the requested ransom, but to think about other possibilities. Such a possibility could be to pay a specialist to remove the virus and set your files free. Still, it is not a guarantee of success, as even experts consider the Ransomware viruses hard to be dealt with. Another option might be to try to remove the contamination and the encryption via using a Removal Guide (ours is just at the end of the article, so take a look). Again no guide could say that your data will be decrypted and your PC cured for sure. One more possibility is to find specific software for fighting such infections, but again even paying for such a program doesn’t guarantee you future access to your blocked files. Every decision in such a case is risky, so consider all your options carefully.
The only guaranteed solution against Ransomware is BACKING YOUR FILES UP
This is our most specific prevention tip. If you copy your important data, you won’t have to worry about it. The more general tips are the following: simply update your operating system, as well as your anti-malware program to make them adequate in preventing cyber threats like .Shit. And one more essential prevention aspect – stay away from the potential sources of such viruses.
|Danger Level||High (Ransomware is by far the worst threat you can encounter)|
|Symptoms||Only the encryption of the files could be spotted, as it might consume much resources (can be seen in the Task Manager as the process using the most RAM and CPU). Otherwise – no real symptoms.|
|Distribution Method||Fake online ads known as malvertising; spam letters (together with Trojans); torrents and contagious webpages.|
|Detection Tool||parasite may be difficult to track down. Use SpyHunter - a professional parasite scanner - to make sure you find all files related to the infection.|
.Shit File Virus Ransomware Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
- Please note that ransomware may even include a fake Manufacturer name to its process. Make sure you check out every process here is legitimate.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
This is the most important and difficult part. If you delete the wrong file, it may damage your system irreversibly. If you can not do this,
>> Download SpyHunter - a professional parasite scanner and remover.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter. Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name.
Search for the ransomware in your registries and delete the entries. Be extremely careful – you can damage your system if you delete entries not related to the ransomware.
Type each of the following in the Windows Search Field:
Delete everything in Temp. The rest just check out for anything recently added. Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
How to Decrypt files infected with .Shit
We have a comprehensive (and daily updated) guide on how to decrypt your files. Check it out here.
Did we help? Share your feedback with us so we can help other people in need!