This page aims to help you remove Trojan.Swifi . These Trojan.Swifi removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Trojan.Swifi – what makes it so dangerous?
You have probably already heard of Trojan viruses. This is to be expected, since they’ve been everywhere for a very long time. They are some of the most widely spread malicious software and for a good reason. Hackers all over the globe are using them for enormous variety of illegal tasks. The versatility of those viruses is what makes them so popular among the cyber criminals. Furthermore, dealing with such a nasty software is a real pain in the neck since it may be very hard to have it removed. Very often it is possible that you may not even fathom its presence in your system, since these are very good at hiding themselves. In fact, there are hardly ever any symptoms of a Trojan virus infection. This makes it that much more difficult to fight the harmful program. Basically, Trojan Horses are the ultimate tool for illegal cyber activity.
Trojan.Swifi is one such Trojan. As such it shares most of its characteristics with the rest of its type. Trojan.Swifi is one of the newer Trojans. Therefore, it is to be expected that this particular virus is even more advanced and difficult to deal with compared to earlier versions. As we already mentioned, there’s great variety of possible harmful effects that a virus of this type may have on your PC. We cannot list them all in such a little article, but we will give you a general idea of this harmful software’s capabilities, just so that you know how important it is to keep you system well protected at all times.
- Trojan.Swifi may be used to spy on you. It is possible that this virus may turn your whole PC into one big spying tool, that can be used to acquire all sorts of information about you and your personal life. Methods for espionage vary. Keystroke logging is a common one – it monitors and records your keyboard strokes and then sends the record to the hacker. This can be used to compromise your passwords and online accounts’ security. A more advanced method is monitoring of your screen. That’s right, it’s possible that the cyber criminal may even see what is happening on your screen, when you’re using your computer. However, the most chilling way Trojan.Swifi may attempt to spy on you is via your webcam. A hacker may try to use the virus to look through your camera without you having any idea of it. Espionage is one of the most feared uses of a Trojan virus.
- Trojan.Swifi can render your PC unusable. Hard-drive formatting, file corruption, program deletion – all potential harmful effects of a Trojan Horse type of virus. There’s just no limit to the mayhem and destruction that such a malicious software may bring to your computer. It may even destroy your very system, turning your machine into nothing more than a piece of useless scrap.
- Bank accounts/electronic money thefts are another very common use of Trojan.Swifi . One of the main reasons why hackers use Trojan Horses so often is because they can steal very big amounts of money without fear of getting caught. A Trojan can get into your PC, bust your bank account password and then transfer all your money to the criminal. Weeks may pass before you even know that something’s not right and by that time it’s gonna be way too late to undertake any adequate action.
- Trojan.Swifi may be capable of turning your PC into a cyber mining tool. This is yet another possible way via which the virus can earn revenue for its creators. If it is used that way the malicious program will force your PC to earn bitcoins (or other cybercurrency), which are then sent to the hacker. This is less harmful for you, compared to the previous entries on the list. However, no one likes to have their PC used for somebody else’s profit. Besides, your machine may also be made a part of a botnet – a network of computers used to further spread malicious programs via spam e-mails and other similar methods.
- Apart from all of the previous harmful uses of Trojan.Swifi , it may also further infect your PC with more viruses. One notable example is the possibility of your computer getting a ransomware. Trojans very often serve as a gateway into your system for different ransomware viruses
As we already said, it’s hard to know when you actually have Trojan.Swifi in your system for certain – symptoms are usually scarce. However, if you think that your computer might have been infected by it, read our guide below on how to deal with this harmful software. Just keep in mind that it is always easier to protect your PC from a Trojan, than it is to fight the virus, once it is inside your machine. Therefore, always have a good anti-virus software, be careful with suspicious e-mails and stay away from shady and suspicious websites.
|Danger Level||High (Enormous variety of potential harmful effects that the virus may bring upon your PC: espionage, system destruction, electronic money thefts are all on the list)|
|Symptoms||The problem with Trojans is that there are almost no symptoms. In most cases an unusual behaviour of your PC may be caused by such a virus, though not always.|
|Distribution Method||Spam e-mails are the most common method. Other possible methods are via illegal torrents and file-sharing sites.|
|Detection Tool||Trojan.Swifi may be difficult to track down. Use SpyHunter – a professional parasite scanner – to make sure you find all files related to the infection.|
Readers are interested in:
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the first preparation.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
The first thing you absolutely must do is Reveal All Hidden Files and Folders.
- Do not skip this. Trojan.Swifi may have hidden some of its files and you need to see them.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If these things fail to help you find Trojan.Swifi you need to resort to a professional scanner – obviously this is a malware that was created to steal your credentials and credit cards – meaning the people who created it spent a lot of resources to make it as dangerous as possible.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!