This page aims to help you remove .TTT File Virus Extension. These .TTT File Virus Extension removal instructions work for all versions of Windows. If you are reading this then you are one of the many victims of .TTT File Virus Extension. This is a type of malware, known as Ransomware. Currently this is by all accounts the most despised and feared type of malware that you might get infected with.
Differences between the Ransomware types
Generally there are two major types of Ransomware, though nowadays almost anything new that comes out is of the second type, which we are going to outline in a moment.
- The first type of Ransomware was very popular in years past, especially in Russia and other Slavic countries. It relies mostly on shock and awe tactics – in fact your files are not encrypted. It is easily distinguishable as it locks your screen with a pornographic picture or a scare message that you have committed some crime. The only apparent solution to get everything back to normal is to send a text message to a premium tax rate phone number. This type of ransomware is also known as screen locker and quite easy to deal with. Although rare, if you do have the misfortune of encountering it, just remain calm and don’t panic.
- The second major branch of ransomware applications, the one that .TTT File Virus Extension belongs to, is far more dangerous. It will infiltrate your system with the help of other malware software, most probably a Trojan horse. These can stay dormant until the appropriate conditions for their online activation are met. Then the ransomware will scan your files and select the ones that have been most often used. Then it will encrypt the selected files, making them impossible to read. At that point you are not left with many choices. You can either pay, which we strongly advocate against; you can hope that the online community manages to break the encryption; or you can try the method we’ll discuss below, which is also probably your safest best.
Should I pay the ransom?
We strongly advise against paying the ransom in almost all cases and under most circumstances. Of course, this is a decision entirely up to you and we understand that there might be some instances when paying up might be somewhat acceptable. We will explain why we believe it is a very bad idea to pay so you can decide for yourself.
- The first and foremost reason why you shouldn’t do this – there is no one can guarantee you that once you cough up the money you will get a genuine decryption key in exchange. Never forget that you will be dealing with cyber criminals, who write software to steal and extort money from people on the internet. If that’s not an awful endorsement, we are bound to wonder what is, then? Instead of getting your files back as promised you might very well not get anything or a demand for additional payments. Keep than in mind before deciding to gamble with your money, because that is what you will be effectively doing. There are other solutions, be patient and we will get there.
- The second major reason against paying money to cyber terrorists is a potentially even bigger one. At the very least concerning not only you as an individual, but a lot of people globally. The ransomware business has rapidly developed into a full-blown multi million dollar industry. This gives the creators of ransomware applications all the reasons they need to continue what they’ve been doing and worse – develop new ways to make their creations evolve and become even more of a threat to practically anyone who’s surfing the internet. The only way any of us can hamper this process is if we all refuse to give in to their demands and pay any money as ransom.
|Name||.TTT File Virus Extension|
|Danger Level||High. Extremely dangerous.
|Symptoms||Your files have been encrypted and rendered inaccessible.
|Distribution Method||Almost always via the help of additional malware, most often a Trojan horse virus.
If the removal guide helps you, remember: a thank you in the comments goes a long way to warm our hearts!
1: Enter Safe Mode.
2: Remove .TTT File Virus Extension from your system.
3: Permanently delete .TTT File Virus Extension from Task Manager’s processes.
4: Uninstall the virus from Regedit and Msconfig.
.TTT File Virus Extension Removal
Things readers are interested in:
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the first preparation.
To remove parasite on your own, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. If you were to do this, you need to be extremely careful, because you may damage your system.
If you want to avoid the risk, we recommend downloading SpyHunter - a professional malware removal tool - to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
The first thing you absolutely must do is Reveal All Hidden Files and Folders.
- Do not skip this – .TTT File Virus Extension may have hidden some of its files and you need to see them.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the Start Menu, type “Control Panel” in the search box —> Enter. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Properties.
In Networking, left click Internet Protocol Version 4 —> Properties. If everything is normal, your window will look like this:
If it’s not, click on the two “automatic” choices. NOTE: If you are in a domain network, contact your Domain Administrator so he can make these settings, or this may break your Internet Connection.
IMPORTANT WARNING! READ CAREFULLY!
Please take under consideration that from here on out until you extirpate .TTT File Virus Extension from your system you will need to be extremely careful in your approach. Unfortunately you will need to alter important system files and operations so it is possible that even a small deviation from our instructions might lead to extremely damaging consequences for your system. If you don’t want to take such chances or you are not 100% sure you can do this then it is best to stop now. If you do the removal process will not be complete and you will need an alternative way of getting rid of the Ransomware virus. One such way is to choose a safer and easier method and just download and install a professional scanner and remover.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. Also, End the process after you open the folder. Just to make sure we don’t delete any programs you mistakenly took for a virus, copy the folders somewhere, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter. Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name.
- Search for the ransomware in your registries and delete the entries. Be extremely careful – you can damage your system if you make a big mistake.
- Type %temp% in the Windows Search Field and delete all the files in the folder you are transported to.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
How to Decrypt files infected with .TTT File Virus Extension
There is only one known way to remove this virus successfully – reversing your files to a time when they were not infected. There are two options you have for this:
The first is a full system restore. To do this type System Restore in the windows search field and choose a restore point. Click Next until done.
Your second option is a program called Recuva
Go to the official site for Recuva and download it from there – the free version has everything you currently need.
When you start the program select the files types you want to recover. You probably want all files.
Next select the location. You probably want Recuva to scan all locations.
Now click on the box to enable Deep Scan. The program will now start working and it may take a really long time to finish – maybe even several hours if your HDD is really big, so be patient and take a break if necessary.
You will now get a long list of files to pick from. Select all relevant files you need and click Recover.
Did we help? Found an alternative solution? Share your feedback with us so we can help other people in need!