This page aims to help you remove Wana Decrypt0r Virus for free. Our instructions also cover how any Wana Decrypt0r Virus file can be recovered.
In the following paragraphs we are going to review Wana Decrypt0r Virus – a program categorized as Ransomware, which is indeed awfully dangerous and may result in the encryption of a great number of files, which are especially important to you.
The Ransomware category – what kind of malware does it represent?
The products placed in the Ransomware group are more than just malicious. This malware category is also among the most quickly expanding virus families in the cyber world. In fact, it contains diverse viruses, which can be divided in groups as follows:
- DESKTOP/MOBILE-LOCK RANSOMWARE: the members of this subcategory can target smartphones, laptops, desktop computers, tablets, phablets and other portable devices, and prevent you from accessing their screens via displaying a very large ransom-requiring message, which remains in place up until you pay the needed ransom.
- RANSOMWARE USED FOR PUNISHING CYBER CRIMINALS: several specialized authorities may exploit Ransomware-based products for dealing with dangerous hackers. For example, whoever violates copyright policies and laws could be prevented from doing that and made to pay a fine with the help of such software. However, this is the only case in which such code gets used in a decent way.
- DATA-TARGETING RANSOMWARE (ALSO KNOWN AS FILE-ENCRYPTING): this is the most common subcategory of these malicious programs. The representatives of this subgroup can invade your system, and then gather info about the data you exploit most often, and following that – encrypt it, usually with a complex double key. As soon as all the files have been encoded, you are shown a special notification, which informs you about the way you are supposed to pay the demanded money.
Wana Decrypt0r Virus belongs to the group of data-targeting Ransomware viruses. This subgroup’s members often invade your system with the help of a Trojan – another malware version. What normally happens is that the Trojan horse virus guarantees the safe passage of the Ransomware-based program inside your PC. As soon as both of these malicious programs have eventually entered your computer, they usually proceed with the activities they’ve been programmed to do – scanning all your disks and drives and encrypting the most regularly used data on them.
What may help in the fight against Ransomware?
We have come to the point in this article which is not very pleasant. We do not want to discourage you in any way; however, we are not going to mislead you into thinking that an infection with Ransomware is easy to remove and its consequences – easy to reverse. In fact, unfortunately, Wana Decrypt0r Virus is absolutely the worst virus you can catch and its removal is not an easy task at all – it may require a lot of resources, attention to detail and special know-how. That’s why we are not going to promise you that you will successfully deal with this virus, but we are going to mention some methods and techniques that could be helpful.
- Do not venture into fighting this Ransomware with any expectations. Prepare to lose your encrypted data if it hasn’t been backed up earlier. Maybe an entire system reinstall will be necessary to get rid of this virus.
- Explore your options, look for ways, read some forums, ask some experts – see what people have done to recover from such a virus.
- Consider the option of purchasing special software, which has been designed to fight such threats, maybe it will solve your problem.
- Take a look at our Removal Guide below. It consists of instructions, which could be useful and result in the successful removal of Wana Decrypt0r Virus. However, once again, we cannot promise you that.
- Ultimately – do not pay the ransom as soon as you have received the ransom-demanding alert. Try everything possible.
The only solution, which always works:
Sadly, once your system has been contaminated, your options are limited and nothing can guarantee the success of your actions. However, this will be your moral of the whole story:
- Always, whatever happens, take care of your important data by backing it up. Prevention is powerful and you will see how good it feels not to be bothered by threatening messages like the ransom notification.
- Install and update the best anti-virus tool you can find – such powerful programs may stop you from catching many other viruses.
- Just stay away from the possible sources of Ransomware, which are numerous, but the most common ones are: illegal shareware and torrents; fake system update requests; malicious advertisements; spam emails and all other suspicious letters inside your Spam and Inbox Directories; all sorts of email attachments.
We wish you luck!
|Danger Level||High (Ransomware is by far the worst threat you can encounter)|
|Symptoms||Normally – none, before the popping up of the ransom notification.|
|Distribution Method||Numerous ones: as a drive-by download from a malicious web page; from spam and emails; from malicious requests, banners, ads, shareware and torrents.|
|Data Recovery Tool||Currently Unavailable|
parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware
Remove Wana Decrypt0r Virus Ransomware
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the most important step. Do not skip it if you want to remove Wana Decrypt0r Virus successfully!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
- Please note that ransomware may even include a fake Manufacturer name to its process. Make sure you check out every process here is legitimate.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter. Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name.
Search for the ransomware in your registries and delete the entries. Be extremely careful – you can damage your system if you delete entries not related to the ransomware.
Type each of the following in the Windows Search Field:
Delete everything in Temp. The rest just check out for anything recently added. Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
How to Decrypt Wana Decrypt0r Virus files
We have a comprehensive (and daily updated) guide on how to decrypt your files. Check it out here.
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!