Wily Captcha Live
Wily Captcha Live is an application that normally looks quite close to a standard browser extension and typically can run as an additional component in browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. However, Wily Captcha Live functions very differently from other popular browser extensions and add-ons and wants to make unwelcome changes to your main search engine, homepage and other key browser components.
Usually, a new search engine or a toolbar will be installed without your direct approval, and the homepage address will be replaced with a different one that automatically opens a supported web page. Furthermore, the invasive app attaches some ad-generating and page-redirecting components inside the web browser which ensure that every website you open gets covered with hundreds of pop-up ads, banners and on-screen notifications. In this way, the browser hijacking program gains control of your web browser and has a very serious impact on your web surfing experience by constantly introducing you to various promotional materials.
You possibly already have WilyCaptcha.live installed into your web browser and are now wondering if you can uninstall the modifications and remove the nagging advertisements without destroying the machine. You would not know whether you have arrived on this list. Fortunately, we’ve got some positive news – WilyCaptcha.live isn’t as harmful as a typical computer virus or malware such as a Trojan Horse, a ransomware or a spyware.
That’s why you have very good chances of uninstalling it without facing any negative consequences for your computer. And things can be even easier if you follow the guidelines, which our “How to remove” team has published in the removal guide below.
|Name||Wily Captcha Live|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Wily Captcha Live!
How to remove Wily Captcha Live
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Wily Captcha Live in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Wily Captcha Live from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Wily Captcha Live.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Wily Captcha Live.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Wily Captcha Live from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Wily Captcha Live extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Wily Captcha Live and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Wily Captcha Live on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Wily Captcha Live extension
- Get rid of Wily Captcha Live by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Wily Captcha Live” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Wily Captcha Live
- Open task manager
- Look for the Wily Captcha Live process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Wily Captcha Live
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Wily Captcha Live” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Wily Captcha Live
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Wily Captcha Live in there
- Uninstall Wily Captcha Live from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Hostingcloud. racing-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Wily Captcha Live in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Based on how it works, Wily Captcha Live appears to be part of the tech group of browser hijackers. These programs can be very irritating as their primal goal is to generate revenue for their developers though clicks on pay-per-click advertisements and redirects to pay-per-view pages. However, in reality, they don’t pose any direct risk to your computer and your system. The browser hijackers are only mischievous instruments for ads-display and paid online promotion. Such programs allow online marketers to advertise their goods, services and websites on the web browser’s screen and are not really able to affect the rest of the computer in a serious way.
Still, oftentimes, programs such as Wily Captcha Live and CaptchaSee.live are confused for dangerous viruses. The reason is, most browser hijackers produce way too many pay-per -click advertisements and tend to make changes in the browser without requesting a permission from the users. That said, these apps really might get on your nerves if your daily web browsing experience is constantly being disrupted by random pop-ups, banners and redirect prompts and your browser is frequently being adjusted to fit the aggressive advertising tactics of the hijacker without your permission.
In addition, sometimes hijackers like Wily Captcha Live may display shady or misleading content, which can easily expose users to real security risks, including Trojans and the notorious ransomware cryptoviruses. That is why it is normally recommended not to click on the random promotional materials, links and ads that such applications may display. It is much safer to use the directions in the removal guide below (or the automatic removal tool inside it) and permanently remove the irritating program from your computer in order to fully eradicate the advertisements and the chances of bumping into something dangerous when you least expect it.