A big number of disgruntled customers have recently been complaining about Worldcoolnewz.com and have been desperately seeking ways of removing it from their systems. This is where we should tell you that most hijackers are somewhat tricky to eliminate without the proper knowledge on how to do it. While not being actual malware threats, browser components like Worldcoolnewz.com are typically programmed to be difficult to remove from a given computer while still not crossing any legal thresholds. That being said, if you have previously encountered and dealt with similar software or if you have access to the proper instructions on how to remove such apps, you will be able to successfully and quickly uninstall them. For those of you with Worldcoolnewz.com on their machines who are irritated by their ads and would like to get rid of the unpleasant app, you can follow the next removal steps in order to eliminate the pesky software.
Adverts on your screen, random page-redirects happening once you try to use your browser, replaced search engine tool as well as starting page URL address and unauthorized modifications to your browser’s toolbar buttons are all typical symptoms of the presence of a browser hijacker application on your computer. Usually, such apps are similar to browser extensions and you can usually get them on any browser – Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox and even Safari. They are not hazardous and dangerous like Trojans or Ransomware or other typical malware infections but they are still mostly regarded as potentially unwanted and fall under the category of PUPs/PUAs (potentially unwanted programs/applications). In this post, you will learn more about what their purpose actually is and what to expect from such an app on your system. We will focus on the so-called Worldcoolnewz.com as this is a recently released piece of software that seems to belong to this software category due to its irritating and unpleasant features.
Normally, the whole idea behind browser hijackers apps like Worldcoolnewz.com, Mintnav is to earn revenue through aggressive (yet still mostly legal) online advertising campaigns. Through its ads, page-redirects and imposed browser modifications which are supposed to further push and facilitate the advertising agenda of the hijacker, apps like Worldcoolnewz.com are able to generate substantial income for their developers. Now, there’s usually nothing harmful about such activity and having a hijacker on your machine will likely not expose it to any direct harm. However, there is oftentimes little or no control over the type and the quality of the advertisements that get streamed on your screen. Some of them may be legit yet others may actually be scams or fake offers and, in some instances, you may even find yourself on shady sites infested with Ransomware and Trojans should you click on some unreliable link or banner generated by Worldcoolnewz.com. That is the reason we advise against keeping a hijacker on your computer and why we always try to remind our readers to stay away from low-quality software sources and questionable Internet content in general.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Worldcoolnewz.com Virus
To try and remove Worldcoolnewz.com quickly you can try this:
- Go to your browser’s settings and select More Tools (or Add-ons, depending on your browser).
- Then click on the Extensions tab.
- Look for the Worldcoolnewz.com extension (as well as any other unfamiliar ones).
- Remove Worldcoolnewz.com by clicking on the Trash Bin icon next to its name.
- Confirm and get rid of Worldcoolnewz.com and any other suspicious items.
If this does not work as described please follow our more detailed Worldcoolnewz.com removal guide below.
If you have a Windows virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide.
Some of the steps may require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Next, Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
Uninstall the Worldcoolnewz.com app and kill its processes
The first thing you must try to do is look for any sketchy installs on your computer and uninstall anything you think may come from Worldcoolnewz.com. After that, you’ll also need to get rid of any processes that may be related to the unwanted app by searching for them in the Task Manager.
Note that sometimes an app, especially a rogue one, may ask you to install something else or keep some of its data (such as settings files) on your PC – never agree to that when trying to delete a potentially rogue software. You need to make sure that everything is removed from your PC to get rid of the malware. Also, if you aren’t allowed to go through with the uninstallation, proceed with the guide, and try again after you’ve completed everything else.
- Uninstalling the rogue app
- Killing any rogue processes
Type Apps & Features in the Start Menu, open the first result, sort the list of apps by date, and look for suspicious recently installed entries.
Click on anything you think could be linked to Worldcoolnewz.com, then select uninstall, and follow the prompts to delete the app.
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc, click More Details (if it’s not already clicked), and look for suspicious entries that may be linked to Worldcoolnewz.com.
If you come across a questionable process, right-click it, click Open File Location, scan the files with the free online malware scanner shown below, and then delete anything that gets flagged as a threat.
After that, if the rogue process is still visible in the Task Manager, right-click it again and select End Process.
Undo Worldcoolnewz.com changes made to different system settings
It’s possible that Worldcoolnewz.com has affected various parts of your system, making changes to their settings. This can enable the malware to stay on the computer or automatically reinstall itself after you’ve seemingly deleted it. Therefore, you need to check the following elements by going to the Start Menu, searching for specific system elements that may have been affected, and pressing Enter to open them and see if anything has been changed there without your approval. Then you must undo any unwanted changes made to these settings in the way shown below:
Type in Start Menu: View network connections
Right-click on your primary network, go to Properties, and do this:
Type in Start Menu: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
Type in the Start Menu: Startup apps
Type in the Start Menu: Task Scheduler
Type in the Start Menu: Services
Type in the Start Menu: Registry Editor
Press Ctrl + F to open the search window
Remove Worldcoolnewz.com from your browsers
- Delete XXX from Chrome
- Delete XXX from Firefox
- Delete Worldcoolnewz.com from Edge
- Go to the Chrome menu > More tools > Extensions, and toggle off and Remove any unwanted extensions.
- Next, in the Chrome Menu, go to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data > Advanced. Tick everything except Passwords and click OK.
- Go to Privacy & Security > Site Settings > Notifications and delete any suspicious sites that are allowed to send you notifications. Do the same in Site Settings > Pop-ups and redirects.
- Go to Appearance and if there’s a suspicious URL in the Custom web address field, delete it.
- Firefox menu, go to Add-ons and themes > Extensions, toggle off any questionable extensions, click their three-dots menu, and click Remove.
- Open Settings from the Firefox menu, go to Privacy & Security > Clear Data, and click Clear.
- Scroll down to Permissions, click Settings on each permission, and delete from it any questionable sites.
- Go to the Home tab, see if there’s a suspicious URL in the Homepage and new windows field, and delete it.
- Open the browser menu, go to Extensions, click Manage Extensions, and Disable and Remove any rogue items.
- From the browser menu, click Settings > Privacy, searches, and services > Choose what to clear, check all boxes except Passwords, and click Clear now.
- Go to the Cookies and site permissions tab, check each type of permission for permitted rogue sites, and delete them.
- Open the Start, home, and new tabs section, and if there’s a rogue URL under Home button, delete it.