Browser hijackers like Beast clap are computer apps that “invade” the browser, and force it to show ads. They also tend to make browser changes in order to support their ad-generating activities. The main goal of Beast clap is revenue generation through online advertisement, and through boosting the traffic to certain sites.
Facing Beast-clap website in your browser could certainly be a stressful experience, especially if it’s the first time you come across this type of software. However, this isn’t a scary computer infection such as a Ransomware, and while there are still security problems that Beast-clap website may contribute to, the app itself is highly unlikely to directly damage your computer.
That being said, it may lead to slow-downs of the browser, and maybe even browser crashes and freezes, but this won’t have any long-lasting effects. Nevertheless, it is important that you uninstall the ad-displaying program, as this is the only way to end the ads generation, and to restore the settings of your browser that you prefer.
Another good reason to remove Beast-clap.com is the potentially unreliable adverts that it may show you. You can never be too safe on the Internet, and everybody knows that a lot of the online advertisements we see like Beast-clap.com are not what they appear to be.
Many of them are nothing but clickbaits intended to get you to visit some page, and download some obscure piece of software. It’s the same with the hijacker ads, but here the risk is even higher. Since there’s so many of them (Big Captcha Here, Hiddengram), and since the control over where they come from is little to none, there’s a significant chance that you may get displayed ads that could redirect you to harmful phishing pages, or even ones filled with viruses, Spyware, Ransomware, and other hazardous programs. We aren’t saying that all hijacker ads are like that, but the fact that it’s possible to land some harmful program after opening an advert generated by a browser hijacker should be enough to convince you to uninstall the already unwelcome software.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Beast clap!
How to remove Beast clap
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Beast clap in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Beast clap from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Beast clap.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Beast clap.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Beast clap from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Beast clap extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Beast clap and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Beast clap on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Beast clap extension
- Get rid of Beast clap by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Beast clap” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Beast clap
- Open task manager
- Look for the Beast clap process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Beast clap
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Beast clap” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- Each file will be scanned with up to 64 antivirus programs to ensure maximum accuracyThis scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users.This file is not matched with any known malware in the database. You can either do a full real-time scan of the file or skip it to upload a new file. Doing a full scan with 64 antivirus programs can take up to 3-4 minutes per file.Drag and Drop File Here To ScanAnalyzing 0 s
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Beast clap
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Beast clap in there
- Uninstall Beast clap from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Beast clap-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Beast clap in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is Beast clap?
This is also why you may see that the frontpage, and the new-tab page of your browsers has been changed after Beast clap had been installed in the browser. This means that every time you start a browsing session, the site that is now your homepage would get a new visit. Changes in the search engine may also occur. In fact, the whole search engine may get replaced, and it its place you may get a custom one that page-redirects your searches to promotional sites. You can get that on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE, or any other browsers, because most hijackers do not discriminate between the different types of browsers that people use. Furthermore, many hijackers can be encountered on multiple platforms. This means that you can get such an app on Windows, but also on Mac, Android, and iOS. Regardless of what system, or device you use, the effects of the hijacker in the browser would be similar, as the goal of the app would always be the same.