Branddealmall is one of the latest representatives of the Trojan Horse group of malware. As such, Branddealmall represents a high danger to your computer and can destroy it in such a way that it may become totally useless.
In case that you have recently found out that this malicious software is in your computer, its fast and comprehensive removal should be your high priority. Branddealmall is one of the new variants of Trojan Horses that security researchers are investigating. And that makes it particularly risky, since we don’t have enough of details about its exact aim yet.
This contributes further to the other malicious capabilities that Trojans usually usually have. These threats are especially famous for their camouflaging abilities and their stealthiness. A Trojan virus like Branddealmall will typically sneak into your system and conceal deep within one of the directories of your operating system without showing any visible symptoms of its presence, sometimes escaping detection for long stretches of time. In addition to that, the malware may effectively imitate regular processes and files that belong to the OS which makes it even harder for the victims to successfully detect and remove the malware in time.
And their multifunctionality is yet another of the key characteristics of most Trojans. Viruses such as Branddealmall have a huge amount of destructive potential, which makes them so useful for hackers all over the world. These threat scan be exploited in so many ways and for so many different malicious purposes that it is almost impossible to predict what type of damage they may cause while hiding in your system.
That’s why you have all the reasons to be disturbed. Trojans like Branddealmall may often be programmed ot operate as backdoors and may be used to secretly invite other viruses (such as Ransomware, Spyware or other Trojans) inside the already compromised computers. In many cases, the Trojans may block the existing antivirus program and the firewall, in this way allowing for other malware to exploit the system’s weaknesses.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||It can be challenging to detect a Trojan horse since this malware doesn’t have any specific symptoms that can give it away.|
|Distribution Method||Infected software installers, malvertisements, torrents, and spam emails are commonly used to distribute Trojan infections.|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Branddealmall!
How to remove Branddealmall
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Branddealmall in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Branddealmall from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Branddealmall.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Branddealmall.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Branddealmall from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Branddealmall extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Branddealmall and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Branddealmall on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Branddealmall extension
- Get rid of Branddealmall by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Branddealmall” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Branddealmall
- Open task manager
- Look for the Branddealmall process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Branddealmall
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Branddealmall” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Branddealmall
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Branddealmall in there
- Uninstall Branddealmall from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Branddealmall-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Branddealmall in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Is Branddealmall dangerous?
Other malicious actions that Trojans can perform involve stealing sensitive data from the infected computer through a range of techniques such as keylogging, mic and web camera hacking and more. These threats may even be used to hijack your social network pages, access your online banking accounts, or some critical data related to your work and business..
In some instances, the Trojan Horse viruses can be used to provide the hackers with full remote access to the infected computer. Without you noticing it, the criminals behind them might secretly manipulate the processes and services of your device or exploit its resources for illegal activities such as cryptocurrency mining, spam distribution or targeted attacks.
Therefore, it is incredibly important to remove Branddealmall, Teahfeete and Halaboommall as soon as possible in order to avoid further damage. Below is a thorough removal guide that shows you the exact steps to manually identify and remove this hazard. However, keep in mind that precautions have to be taken specifically to prevent the deletion of critical system files because, as we mentioned, Trojans may often imitate such files in order to delude the people who are trying to remove them. Thus, those of you who choose to avoid an unintended system harm should better use a professional removal tool that can deal with the infection automatically.
Leave a Comment