Open.coinspine.top is a piece of software that belongs to a family of programs known as browser hijackers. Contrary to popular belief, Open.coinspine.top does not pose an immediate risk to the safety of a computer’s operating system or its data. In fact, this software is typically embedded inside some other piece of software that is perfectly legal, which also makes the hijacker legal.
On the other hand, despite the fact that such software components do not pose a threat to users’ computers or engage in harmful behavior, they are nonetheless able to irritate users of the internet and should better be removed.
The Coinspine Virus
Applications like Coinspine, Your Captcha Now, MultiSeedUp are built to implant themselves in Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and other browsers and to advertise particular sites, search engines, or other online services on the screen. A browser hijacker is essentially a specialized tool for the advertising of online content and services. If a certain page with the name Coinspine is stored inside the user’s browser, for instance, a hijacker may use it to page-redirect the user to a different web location.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Open.coinspine.top!
How to remove Open.coinspine.top
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Open.coinspine.top in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Open.coinspine.top from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Open.coinspine.top.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Open.coinspine.top.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Open.coinspine.top from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Open.coinspine.top extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Open.coinspine.top and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Open.coinspine.top on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Open.coinspine.top extension
- Get rid of Open.coinspine.top by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Open.coinspine.top” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Open.coinspine.top
- Open task manager
- Look for the Open.coinspine.top process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Open.coinspine.top
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Open.coinspine.top” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Open.coinspine.top
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Open.coinspine.top in there
- Uninstall Open.coinspine.top from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Open.coinspine.top-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Open.coinspine.top in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Is Open.coinspine.top a virus?
If you have the Open.coinspine.top browser hijacker present on your system, it is quite possible that the homepage of the search engine of the browser has been altered to redirect to Open.coinspine.top, which could be enough to want to uninstall this program.
In addition to replacing the homepage, it’s possible that some other settings of your browser may be modified as well, and all of this will typically occur without your direct approval. For instance, while you are browsing the Internet, you may begin to experience a variety of browser disruptions, such as sudden and unwanted page-redirects, invasive pop-ups that appear on your screen to mess with your browsing experience, and even fake warnings about issues with your computer that are intended to sell you some obscure piece of software that could supposedly deal with the problems inside your system – problems that you most likely do not even have.
This is typical of hijackers, and Open.coinspine.top is not an exception. Therefore, if you want to save yourself from this annoyance, the best course of action would be for you to remove Open.coinspine.top as well as the hijacker components that are related to it. In order to be of assistance to you in this task, we have prepared a series of instructions that can be discovered in the Open.coinspine.top removal guide located on this website.
Even if you do not think that this is such a significant problem and that you are able to tolerate the annoyance that is caused by the hijacker, you should be aware that there is really another, much more serious reason why the unwanted program has to be uninstalled from your computer.
A hijacker may make your system less secure than you would want it to be, despite the fact that the software itself does not pose a threat by itself. If you have such software attached to your browser, you may experience random redirects to sites with dubious content, as well as misleading clickbait banners and online pop-ups. This could easily lead you to unsafe online addresses, and as you probably already know, there are far more malicious pieces of software available on the Internet, such as Ransomware cryptoviruses, sneaky Spyware programs, harmful Trojan Horses, computer viruses and so on and so forth. With this in mind, the presence of a hijacker like Open.coinspine.top inside your browsing application might significantly raise the risk of coming across malicious software. For this reason, removing the hijacker is the course of action that we recommend you follow in this situation.
Leave a Comment