*Source of claim SH can remove it.
Powerpcsupport.com is special type of software commonly known as the source of excessive or obstructive online Adverts on the users’ screen. If the pop-ups that you see are not attached to a specific web page and appear constantly one after the other, then you most probably have Powerpcsupport.com virus on your PC.
Powerpcsupport.com is used for a kind of questionable form of aggressive online marketing. Many people think that such applications are created purely for the display of adverts and they are not mistaken. Because of this, few web users would usually continue to keep such a program on their computer for long. That why, many Browser Hijackers have some form of usefulness embedded into them. The developers want a person to keep the program for this usefulness in spite of the adverts. Whether the users will keep it or remove it, however, depends mostly on the individual annoyance limit. Many people might regard a program like Powerpcsupport.com as useful, while others will only experience the annoyance of its adverts. We’ve provided this article for those of you who want to get rid of the ads and their source in a fast and reliable manner.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Aggressive banners and sponsored ads may cover the screen of your computer.|
|Distribution Method||Software bundles, free installers, free download packages, torrents, ads, and spam.|
We tested that SpyHunter successfully removes parasite*, and we recommend downloading it. Manual removal may take hours, it can harm your system if you re not careful, and parasite may reinstall itself at the end if you don't delete its core files.
*Source of claim SH can remove it.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Powerpcsupport.com!
How to remove Powerpcsupport.com
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Powerpcsupport.com in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Powerpcsupport.com from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Powerpcsupport.com.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Powerpcsupport.com.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Powerpcsupport.com from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Powerpcsupport.com extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Powerpcsupport.com and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Powerpcsupport.com on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Powerpcsupport.com extension
- Get rid of Powerpcsupport.com by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Powerpcsupport.com” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Powerpcsupport.com
- Open task manager
- Look for the Powerpcsupport.com process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Powerpcsupport.com
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Powerpcsupport.com” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Powerpcsupport.com
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Powerpcsupport.com in there
- Uninstall Powerpcsupport.com from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Powerpcsupport.com-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Powerpcsupport.com in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
But how exactly did you install Powerpcsupport.com?
When it comes to the installation of this software, there are a number of methods. The infamous spam e-mails are likely among the more commonly utilized methods for spreading Browser Hijackers. However, they may enter your PC using a torrent or a free update. You can also end up with a hijacker when you click on a shady website link and get redirected to a site that promotes such programs. Having said that, the technique that has the highest success rate is file-bundling. File bundles are combinations of applications particularly designed to distribute some applications for free, but still gain revenue from the ad-generating software included in them. The truth is, usually ads-generating through programs like Powerpcsupport.com or Captchafair.top is the single thing that brings income for some coders of free software. Remember the fact that file-bundling is actually a legal method of distribution of all sorts of software. And while in most of the cases the programs you may get in this way are free and safe, there is also possible to bump into nasty infections such as Ransomware, Trojans, and Spyware which could also be bundled in a given free program setup. It must be mentioned, though, that in order for the hijacker to get inside of your PC, it requires your consent. Quite a few users habitually let that happen by installing the software they need from the quick installation setting. Due to this fact, they do not have a clear idea of what they are setting up on their computers. That’s why the only smart installation method of any software is the Advanced one. This option allows you to take full control of the installation of any applications that might be undesired by simply unchecking them from the list of added components. If you want to get rid of the current problem with Powerpcsupport.com, however, you need to implement all the instructions described in the removal guide below.
Leave a Comment