Pushy Captcha Live
Pushy Captcha Live can infect most popular web browsing programs including Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge. After it integrates with the browser, Pushy Captcha Live begins to spam it with various online ads.
But in addition to flooding your favorite browser with popups, box messages and banners of every shape and size, the invasive application also changes some of the browser’s fundamental settings. On the one hand this is done in order to support the generation of said ads. And on the other it is done in order to help promote specific web locations.
For example, you may have noticed that as soon as PushyCaptcha.Live appeared on your computer, your browser’s homepage mysteriously changed all on its own as well. The same might also be true for the default search engine, any toolbars you may have had (or never had before but have now), etc. Furthermore, as a result of PushyCaptcha.Live’s presence in your OS, your browser may start initiating page redirects to seemingly random websites.
|Name||Pushy Captcha Live|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Pushy Captcha Live!
How to remove Pushy Captcha Live
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Pushy Captcha Live in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Pushy Captcha Live from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Pushy Captcha Live.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Pushy Captcha Live.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Pushy Captcha Live from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Pushy Captcha Live extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Pushy Captcha Live and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Pushy Captcha Live on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Pushy Captcha Live extension
- Get rid of Pushy Captcha Live by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Pushy Captcha Live” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Pushy Captcha Live
- Open task manager
- Look for the Pushy Captcha Live process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Pushy Captcha Live
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Pushy Captcha Live” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Pushy Captcha Live
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Pushy Captcha Live in there
- Uninstall Pushy Captcha Live from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Hostingcloud. racing-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Pushy Captcha Live in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
The software category to which Pushy Captcha Live belongs to is popularly known as browser hijackers. And the only possible way you can clear all of the changes made by this program in your browser is if you remove it altogether from your PC.
Only this process may not be as simple as it sounds. The creators of browser hijackers tend to omit a regular uninstallation menu that you see in most other software applications. Hence, users are found having to manually search for all the components of the intrusive hijacker and delete them one by one. The problem here is that if you happen to miss a given file, the hijacker may reinstall itself on the computer and continue to spam you with unwanted ads.
This is why we’ve created the below removal guide. It’s free to use and contains all the steps necessary to completely rid yourself of Pushy Captcha Live once and for all. You can also make use of the professional removal tool if you’d rather save yourself the time and effort of handling things manually.
You are probably quite frustrated with the presence of Pushy Captcha Live virus in your system as it is. And that’s more than understandable. A comfortable and efficient browsing experience is essential in our daily lives. However, removing Pushy Captcha Live isn’t just about getting back to surfing the internet undisturbed. It’s also a safety matter.
Browser hijackers like Pushy Captcha Live, Wily Captcha Live, Free Captcha or Captcha See Live actually run the risk of exposing users to potential threats. This can happen as a result of being redirected to an unsafe website, for example. Or you may click on an ad that’s been compromised by hackers. And as a result, you could possibly be facing a virus infection. Now, that’s not to say that Pushy Captcha Live is a virus as well. But it’s a good idea to have it removed in order to minimize your chances of bumping into some treacherous Trojan horse or sophisticated ransomware cryptovirus.
With that in mind, we’d also recommend being more mindful about your browsing habits in general from now on, especially of your download sources.
Leave a Comment