Scriptsplatform.com is a browser hijacking application that frequently annoys web users with unwelcome pop-up advertisements in their browser. To operate, Scriptsplatform.com needs to connect itself to the main web browser in the system and to modify its homepage and/or search engine settings so that more advertisements can be displayed on the screen.
It doesn’t matter whether you use a popular web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge or any other browsing application, because almost every browser can be hijacked and have its settings changed by Scriptsplatform.com. Users usually detect the browser hijacker right away, as their regular web browsing activity starts to be disturbed by hundreds of sponsored advertisements, pop-up messages, banner ads and on-screen alerts that are difficult to remove and cover the content of the visited pages.
The replacements in the browser’s homepage URL and the change of the default search engine are two more symptom of the intrusive software that cannot be overlooked. They may be completely removed and replaced with some new ones that are totally unfamiliar to you. The role of the new homepage and the freshly installed search engine is to ensure that users are constantly being redirected to partnering websites and their screen is filled with sponsored search results.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Scriptsplatform.com!
How to remove Scriptsplatform.com
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Scriptsplatform.com in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Scriptsplatform.com from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Scriptsplatform.com.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Scriptsplatform.com.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Scriptsplatform.com from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Scriptsplatform.com extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Scriptsplatform.com and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Scriptsplatform.com on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Scriptsplatform.com extension
- Get rid of Scriptsplatform.com by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Scriptsplatform.com” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Scriptsplatform.com
- Open task manager
- Look for the Scriptsplatform.com process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Scriptsplatform.com
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Scriptsplatform.com” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Scriptsplatform.com
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Scriptsplatform.com in there
- Uninstall Scriptsplatform.com from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Scriptsplatform.com-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Scriptsplatform.com in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is Scriptsplatform.com?
Thankfully, Scriptsplatform.com is neither a virus that is meant to damage your computer nor malware (such as Ransomware, a Trojan, Spyware, etc.) that seeks to blackmail you or steal your data. This program actually claims that when you integrate it with your browser it will enhance your web browsing experience. Most of the time, however, Scriptsplatform.com simply tries to promote specific products, services (Lookaside.fbsbx.com), software (Grand Explorer 18.104.22.168) and their related websites, so that its developers can generate pay-per-click and pay-per-view revenue from the visits and user clicks on the displayed advertisements.
However, many people see this browser hijacker as an annoying and unwanted piece of software and prefer to uninstall it from their browser. Additional irritation is caused by the fact that Scriptsplatform.com normally does not allow users to reset, undo or uninstall the unauthorized browser changes. It basically imposes the new settings and pressures the end user to deal with the newly installed search engine, homepage and new tab configurations. This is why people who don’t want to adapt to the hijacker’s “improvements” have no other option but to completely uninstall it and permanently remove its components from their browser.
Is Scriptsplatform.com dangerous?
Of course, for some people, it may not be that irritating to see ads during their web browsing sessions. Still, we feel obliged to warn you about the potential risks of keeping such software in your system. The main one is that if you are careless about the random pop-up messages, banner ads, redirect links and colorful notifications that a program such as Scriptsplatform.com can flash on your screen, you may easily become a victim of malicious advertising. Misleading web links, fake pop-ups, and too-good-to-be-true web offers may easily appear on your screen thanks to a browser hijacker and you may get tricked into clicking on them, downloading unwanted software, wasting your money by purchasing some unnecessary or low-quality products or services and even participating in web scams. Viruses and other security threats, especially Trojans, Spyware and Ransomware are well known to use malvertising as a method for their online distribution. With all this in mind, the best piece of advice we can give you is to stay away from everything that Scriptsplatform.com displays and regain control of your web browser with the help of the instructions in the removal guide below.
Leave a Comment