Trojan.bf7a6249 is a computer infection of the widespread Trojan horse malware category. Trojan viruses like Trojan.bf7a6249 have the ability to use a variety of stealth and disguise tactics to secretly establish a foothold on their victims’ computers and silently perform a variety of malicious actions.
In many cases, people remain utterly unaware of the fact that their system has been compromised by a virus of this category. This is oftentimes due to the specific ways that these threats use to infect the computers of their victims. Oftentimes, it is the users themselves that allow (albeit unknowingly) the virus into their systems. For example, many Trojans travel under the guise of popular games or programs that are distributed for free on illegal file-sharing or torrent sites. Obviously, there would be many who would download the free illegal software hoping they are getting something useful only to eventually find out that it has been a Trojan horse all along.
The Trojan.bf7a6249 Virus
The Trojan.bf7a6249 virus, in particular, is a very new infection of this type and there are still many unknowns when it comes to it. More research needs to be conducted to figure out its exact overarching mission and the Trojan.bf7a6249 virus most common distribution methods.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Trojans sometimes cause crashes in the system, data corruption, and software unresponsiveness, which is why could give their presence away.|
|Distribution Method||Illegally distributed software and clickbait ads are the most common techniques used to spread Trojan horses. Spam messages are also oftentimes used to distribute such malware.|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Trojan.bf7a6249!
How to remove Trojan.bf7a6249
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Trojan.bf7a6249 in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Trojan.bf7a6249 from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Trojan.bf7a6249.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Trojan.bf7a6249.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Trojan.bf7a6249 from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Trojan.bf7a6249 extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Trojan.bf7a6249 and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Trojan.bf7a6249 on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Trojan.bf7a6249 extension
- Get rid of Trojan.bf7a6249 by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Trojan.bf7a6249” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Trojan.bf7a6249
- Open task manager
- Look for the Trojan.bf7a6249 process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Trojan.bf7a6249
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Trojan.bf7a6249” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Trojan.bf7a6249
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Trojan.bf7a6249 in there
- Uninstall Trojan.bf7a6249 from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Trojan.bf7a6249-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Trojan.bf7a6249 in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is Trojan.bf7a6249?
For now, as always, it’s best to keep away from any type of downloadable content that might be pirated and/or distributed illegally. Also, oftentimes, even seemingly legitimate apps and programs might be used to spread such infections so it’s best to only get your software from established and well-known developers and download sources. Also, it should go without saying that opening random spam emails and interacting with their contents as well as clicking on clickbait web ads is one of the quickest ways to get yourself a Trojan horse infection, so remember that and be sure to not do any of those things.
Unfortunately, Trojan.bf7a6249 , Tsvipsrv.dll and Trojan.MSIL.Stealthmutant.A.Enc seems to be spreading very quickly and the users who have gotten their systems attacked by it are already quite many. If you are yet another victim of the Trojan.bf7a6249 Trojan, then you need to immediately take the necessary measures to remove the virus. The guide at the bottom of this article will assist you with the removal and show you exactly what you need to do to locate any data related to the virus on your computer and delete it.
Is Trojan.bf7a6249 dangerous?
Know that if the virus is allowed to stay on your machine for long, it might lead to severe data and system corruption, cause sudden system crashes, or even introduce additional threats to your computer, including spyware viruses and Ransomware. In general, Trojan horses are some of the most unpredictable forms of computer malware so we have no way of telling you exactly what type of damage Trojan.bf7a6249 might cause in your particular situation. In any case, getting the virus deleted as fast as possible should now be your first priority. If you don’t currently have a reliable antivirus or anti-malware tool, it might be a good time to get one as this might greatly assist you with the elimination of the virus. Also, if you have any questions related to the manual instructions you will see below, do not hesitate to seek our assistance through writing to us in the comments section.
Leave a Comment