Video43.com is a program that is known or its ability to integrate with your browser and spam it with various online ads. Therefore, Video43.com is commonly referred to as a browser hijacker.
Browser hijackers are very widespread type of software, and most users have encountered one of these pieces at least once in their lives. But if this has been your first time dealing with a hijacker, then its effects may have been quite unsettling to you. Specifically, the introduction of a new homepage in your Chrome, Firefox, Edge or other popular browser tends to throw users off right off the bat. That is usually followed by noticing that the default search engine is no longer the same either, and the plot thickens.
Then normally after they’ve spent some time browsing the web, users begin to take note of the unusually large numbers of ads that are appearing on pretty much every page they visit. And over time it becomes increasingly difficult to maneuver past the endless popups, banners, in-text links, etc. And the only way you can rid yourself of all this madness is by removing Video43.com from your system with all of its components. However, this task isn’t exactly made obvious by the browser hijacker itself in that it doesn’t have a designated uninstallation option the way that most regular programs have. Therefore, you will need to take some manual steps, which we’ve described in the removal guide below.
The Video43.com virus
Browser hijackers like the Video43.com virus are actually designed specifically to generate numerous online ads within users’ browsers, just as we’ve already mentioned. The purpose of the Video43.com virus is for the hijacker developers to earn commission based on the number of times users have been exposed to this product or that service. This is possible thanks to remuneration schemes such as Pay Per Click.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||The typical symptoms include a changed browser homepage and a replaced default search engine, as well as many ads appearing during browsing sessions.|
|Distribution Method||Program bundles tend to be the most widespread method for distributing hijackers like 24b.eu .|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Video43.com!
How to remove Video43.com
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Video43.com in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Video43.com from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Video43.com.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Video43.com.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Video43.com from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Video43.com extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Video43.com and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Video43.com on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Video43.com extension
- Get rid of Video43.com by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Video43.com” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Video43.com
- Open task manager
- Look for the Video43.com process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Video43.com
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Video43.com” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Video43.com
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Video43.com in there
- Uninstall Video43.com from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Video43.com-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Video43.com in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Is Video43.com dangerous?
And in order to maximize profits from these practices, programs like Video43.com and Total ReCaptcha may try to gather browsing data from you in order to determine your exact preferences. So, say you’ve been searching online for a new camera. The hijacker will register this information and adjust its ads to have a bigger focus on camera and related products to ensure that you will actually click on them. And while there is nothing fundamentally wrong with this activity, users may feel that they’re privacy is being violated if they didn’t knowingly consent to it. Furthermore, who’s to say that this information won’t be packaged and sold to some third party as valuable marketing data?
With the above in mind, we should still emphasize the fact that Video43.com does not aim to harm your machine in any way. Unlike viruses and malware such as Trojans, ransomware, spyware and others, this particular piece of software does not have the capacity to steal files, damage them, log your keystrokes or in any way manipulate your operating system. But as a result of its many page redirects, there is a danger of actually being exposed to viruses. So please be very careful when interacting with any content displayed by Video43.com
Leave a Comment