Getyourgift.life is an undesirable browser-invading app known for its ability to introduce unwelcome changes to the affected browsing program. Getyourgift.life makes those changes in the browser so that it can later fill it with ads and redirects to sites that it is supposed to promote.
Unlike stealthy malware threats like Ransomware, viruses, Trojans, spyware, and others, that are programmed to stay hidden and operate without showing symptoms that could give them away, a browser-targeting app like Getyourgift.life or Go go tech (also known as a browser hijacker) would typically get immediately noticed as soon as the user opens the “infected” browser. After all, the goal of most hijackers is to advertise stuff and the best way of doing this is to be as intrusive as possible. This is why the hijacker will change your default search engine, set up a new homepage, and constantly page-redirect your Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or other browser that you may be using at the moment. It’s all about getting you exposed to as much advertising content as possible and making you interact with it. Remuneration models like Pay-Per-View and Pay-Per-Click are what dictate the behavior of Getyourgift.life and other apps like it and they are the main reason that most hijackers tend to be so aggressive and obtrusive.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Getyourgift.life Virus
To try and remove Getyourgift.life quickly you can try this:
- Go to your browser’s settings and select More Tools (or Add-ons, depending on your browser).
- Then click on the Extensions tab.
- Look for the Getyourgift.life extension (as well as any other unfamiliar ones).
- Remove Getyourgift.life by clicking on the Thrash Bin icon next to its name.
- Confirm and get rid of Getyourgift.life and any other suspicious items.
If this does not work as described please follow our more detailed Getyourgift.life removal guide below.
If you have a Windows virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Getyourgift.life!
How to remove Getyourgift.life
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Getyourgift.life in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Getyourgift.life from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Getyourgift.life.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Getyourgift.life.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Getyourgift.life from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Getyourgift.life extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to XXX and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Getyourgift.life on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Getyourgift.life extension
- Get rid of Getyourgift.life by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “XXX” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Getyourgift.life
- Open task manager
- Look for the Getyourgift.life process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Getyourgift.life
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “XXX” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- Each file will be scanned with up to 64 antivirus programs to ensure maximum accuracyThis scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users.This file is not matched with any known malware in the database. You can either do a full real-time scan of the file or skip it to upload a new file. Doing a full scan with 64 antivirus programs can take up to 3-4 minutes per file.Drag and Drop File Here To ScanAnalyzing 0 s
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Getyourgift.life
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Getyourgift.life in there
- Uninstall Getyourgift.life from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Hostingcloud. racing-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Getyourgift.life in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Most hijackers won’t damage the computers they get installed on and they won’t mess with the data stored inside their hard-drives. After all, these apps are supposed to advertise and not to cause harm. However, it is still possible that you notice that your computer has become slower after the hijacker first appeared in your browser. In some more severe instances, you could even start to experience browser crashes and unresponsiveness caused by the excessive generation of adverts and automatic page redirects.
However, the real security issue related to most hijackers is their random advertisements and their attempts to popularize different sites by forcing your browser to redirect you to them. Such random page redirects and display of ads could easily land you on some insecure web location that might be hosted by cyber scammers or even hackers. Many people on the Internet seek to exploit the more gullible and inexperienced users and misleading ads and sham sites are the tools that are oftentimes used to achieve this. Now, the hijacker app itself isn’t intentionally programmed to expose you to online danger, but that could still happen as a byproduct of its advertising activities. If you are unlucky, you may even land actual malware like viruses, Trojan horses, or Ransomware if you get redirected to some unsafe site that is controlled by hackers.
The good news we have for you here is that it shouldn’t be too difficult to uninstall this unwanted app from your device. Note that it would still likely take a bit more than just clicking on a single uninstallation button, but if you make sure to complete all the instructions from below, this invasive hijacker should be gone from your PC in a matter of minutes.