Malware Removal Tools
Malware Removal Tools are programs for computer security that are used for deleting specific types of viruses and online threats. Such tools are usually necessary when the anti-virus or the anti-spyware program cannot find the virus and deal with it.
There are different types of malware removal tools and each of them is specialized in the effective removal of a particular virus type. Free and paid malware removal tools are available on the Internet and in some cases, the free ones can prove as effective as the paid ones, however, the free tools are designed mostly to help people detect only one or a limited number of threats. To unlock their full malware-removal features, the developers of such programs typically request that people donate or pay before the detected viruses are removed.
Why is your anti-virus or anti-spyware program not able to detect specific types of malware?
Anti-virus and anti-spyware programs are tools for complete system protection and they are designed to fight various types of malware and viruses. However, as efficient as they are, there are cases where the virus is not identified by them. This may happen due to several reasons:
- the security program has not been updated to the latest virus definitions;
- the computer has been compromised by a new cyber threat that has not been added to the anti-virus or the anti-spyware database;
- the computer has been infected with an updated or advanced virus version which has not been added to the anti-virus or anti-spyware database;
- the computer has been infected by a highly complex threat that uses a number of advanced techniques to prevent its detection and removal by the standard security software.
In any of these cases, a dedicated malware removal tool can be very handy to locate and deal with the infection in time. In fact, such tools can be especially effective in the fight against viruses from these categories:
- Trojan Horses – malicious programs used mainly to steal sensitive information and infect the system with other viruses;
- Worms – viruses that infect files, degrade the system’s performance and install other malicious code inside the infected device, such as backdoors and Trojans;
- Adware – Potentially unwanted programs that display annoying ads on the computer of the victim;
- Browser Hijacker – undesirable programs that can hijack the system’s main web browser and force it to redirect users to different websites.
- Ransomware – malware created to encrypt user data and to blackmail the victims to pay a ransom for it.
- Other advanced malicious software
Malware Removal Tools vs regular anti-spyware or anti-virus programs – what is the difference?
The main distinction between malware removal tools and regular anti-spyware or anti-virus programs is that these tools are not designed to protect the system. Malware removal tools can only remove the viruses they have been designed for and do not provide real-time malware protection. The anti-spyware and anti-virus programs, on the other hand, are tools that can protect the computer from different malware infiltrations in real-time and help people prevent computer damage, data loss or theft of information due to a malware attack.
According to experts in PC security, malware removal tools are an additional instrument for more precise virus removal. In most cases, they can work as a complimentary tool with anti-spyware and anti-virus programs. The best thing about them is that they usually are easy to install and are pretty lightweight compared to a professional antivirus program. Of course, prior to installing such software users should always do a careful research in order to find a reliable malware removal tool that is able to remove the viruses they are fighting against.
After successfully completing their task, the Malware removal tool can be uninstalled from the system to free disk space. It is not necessary to keep them there since, as we mentioned above, they do not replace the protection of anti-virus and anti-spyware tools and cannot shield your computer from real-time attacks.
For more information on reliable security and malware-removal tools, please feel free to check our software reviews page where you will find details about the best programs on digital security on the market.