Qtumcoin.net Email Scam
Qtumcoin.net Email is a dangerous and stealthy computer infection with many harmful abilities that can operate inside the infected machine without getting picked up by your antivirus. Qtumcoin.net Email can be categorized as a Trojan Horse virus as it spreads under the guise of seemingly harmless software.
The use of disguise is one of the factors that make this type of threat particularly problematic as most users have no idea that they are dealing with a malware program until it gets too late and the virus has gained a strong foothold in the infected system. The fake investment platform used in scam claims to be named Qtumcoin. The scammers stole the name, address and registration number from a UK company legally registered since 2011. However, the fact that the creators of Trojans like Qtumcoin.net Email rely on the users’ own mistakes to get their viruses distributed to more machines is also good news as it means that you have quite a lot of control over whether a Trojan gets into your system or not.
The most important thing to remember here is that you must be very cautious with regard to the software you download onto your computer and the sources from where you download it. Obviously, visiting pirate torrent sites or other illegal download platforms that allow you to download illegally distributed software is a bad idea. Not only is it against the law to download software from such sites but, since the control over what gets uploaded to them is typically very loose (if present at all), the chances of downloading a Trojan in disguise are very high. Other possible sources of Trojan Horses like Qtumcoin.net Email are links added to spam messages, download buttons and clickbait ads included in different questionable sites (other than illegal torrent sites), and fake update requests that seek to trick you into downloading a Trojan virus rather than updating anything.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Qtumcoin.net Email!
How to remove Qtumcoin.net Email
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Qtumcoin.net Email in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Qtumcoin.net Email from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Qtumcoin.net Email.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Qtumcoin.net Email.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Qtumcoin.net Email from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Qtumcoin.net Email extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Qtumcoin.net Email and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Qtumcoin.net Email on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Qtumcoin.net Email extension
- Get rid of Qtumcoin.net Email by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Qtumcoin.net Email” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Qtumcoin.net Email
- Open task manager
- Look for the Qtumcoin.net Email process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Qtumcoin.net Email
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Qtumcoin.net Email” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Qtumcoin.net Email
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Qtumcoin.net Email in there
- Uninstall Qtumcoin.net Email from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Qtumcoin.net Email-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Qtumcoin.net Email in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
How can you tell if there’s a Trojan in the system?
A warning from your antivirus is the most obvious sign but you may not always get that once a Trojan attacks you even if you have a reliable and updated antivirus tool on your computer. Antiviruses oftentimes have a hard time spotting newer Trojans like Qtumcoin.net Email and Msedge.exe because the details of the virus may not have been included in the security program’s malware database (yet). This gives the virus time to complete its harmful tasks and the opportunity to block the antivirus or even the user’s attempts to download a new security program.
There, however, could be different symptoms that you are dealing with Qtumcoin.net Email as well as ways to manually counteract and even remove the threat. The most glaring signs of a potential Trojan Horse infection are different changes in the system and your files that you haven’t authorized as well as disturbances such as Blue Screen of Death errors, frequent system crashes, heavy slow-downs due to excessive CPU or RAM use, screen freezes, etc. To add to that, if your screen gets covered by a wall of obscene ads, this could also be a possible sign your computer has been visited by a Trojan (though this symptom is more common for adware and browser hijackers). All in all, if there’s anything happening on your computer that makes you think there is a problem, it is possible that a virus such as Qtumcoin.net Email could be behind it, in which case you are advised to complete the next removal guide to rid your system of the threat.
Leave a Comment