Trojan.generickd is a Trojan horse, which may cause a number of damages to any computer it manages to attack. We have recently been approached by a lot of web users, who had the “luck” to catch this stealthy infection and with this article, we hope to give them some help in dealing with it.
If you landed on this page because you have also been infected by Trojan.generickd Virus, we will encourage you to read the information that we have prepared below because there you will find some useful description about the nature of the Trojan threats, the typical damages they can cause and the possible methods to remove them and protect your PC in the future. What is more, in the next lines we have published a specially assembled removal guide, which aims to help you detect and manually delete Trojan.generickd Virus from your system. We have also provided you with a specialized removal tool, in case you don’t feel confident enough to handle the malware manually, so you can choose from two working methods or combine them both for optimal results.
The nature of the Trojan horses
You may not know, but ever since they first appeared, the Trojan horses were and still are one of the most widely distributed the most malicious type of malware. These harmful pieces of software are the hackers’ favorite tools for online fraud and theft and there are a number of reasons for that. First of all, pieces like Trojan.generickd Virus can be programmed to perform almost anything malicious you could think of. You can never be sure what kind of harm the Trojan would do because the hackers, who control it, can make it initiate a wide variety of criminal deeds. The other thing is, this type of malware is very difficult to detect on your computer. Trojan.generickd Virus hardly has any visible symptoms and without a proper antivirus protection, the malware may stay deep inside the system for months, even years and silently serve the needs of its criminal creators. In most of the cases, the victims come to know about it only after a serious damage is done. To get a better idea of what may expect you if you don’t remove the Trojan on time, here we have listed some of the most common things that the hackers may use it for:
- Stealing sensitive information – You may have seen this in the movies where a Trojan horse is inserted into the system to get some secret information from someone’s computer. Well, unfortunately, this is not just a fiction but a real possibility. With the help of methods like Keystroke logging, the hackers can keep a track on everything you type on your keyboard and this way identify your login credentials, passwords, banking details, etc.
- Destroying the data, found on the machine – Trojan.generickd Virus may delete files from your hard drives or format them all, remove certain system files or software and make the entire computer crash.
- Inserting other malware – Once inside your computer, the Trojan may act as a backdoor for other nasty infections. Threats like Ransomware and Spyware are well known to use Trojan infections as helpers when they want to break into someone’s system.
- Botnets and distribution of spam – If you have such a threat inside your machine, you may unknowingly get involved in criminal schemes such as Botnets where thanks to the Trojan, the resources of your PC are used by the hackers for their criminal purposes such as spam and malware distribution, cryptocurrency mining, etc.
How to remove Trojan.generickd Virus and protect your PC in the future?
Detecting that you actually have a Trojan on your computer is the first step towards eliminating the infection. Usually, this is very difficult because, as we said above, such threats have hardly any visible symptoms. However, some of the signals that something is not OK inside your system could include sudden “Blue Screen Of Death” crashes, unusual system errors, general sluggishness, and high CPU or RAM usage without any actual need. These may not be always related to a Trojan horse infection, but still, it would be a good idea to run a throughout scan with a reputed malware removal tool like the one below, just in case. To remove Trojan.generickd Virus, you can also use the manual instructions in the guide below.
The best way to protect your system from Trojans in the future is to ensure your OS is updated to the latest security patches and you have trusted antivirus software that scans it regularly. Also, you should be more careful when browsing the web and stick only to sites and content that you trust. Spam emails, sketchy ads, and pop-ups are not advisable to interact with, so stay away from them and be safe.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Trojan.generickd Virus
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning. You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone