Vonsoocm is a website that attempts to deceive users into subscribing to its push notifications. The intention of Vonsoocm is to send unsolicited notifications directly to their computer or phone.
How does Vonsoocm.com operate?
Vonsoocm.com is a malevolent site that exploits the browser’s built-in push notifications system to display unwanted pop-up advertisements on the victims’ devices. Vonsoocm.com uses fabricated error messages and alerts to deceive victims into subscribing to its push notifications.
Once subscribed, the user will receive spam pop-ups, similar to the example provided below, even when the browser is closed. These pop-ups promote adult websites, online games, bogus software updates, and other unwanted programs.
Why am I seeing Vonsoocm pop-up ads?
If you are seeing Vonsoocm pop-up ads, it is likely because your device has been infected with malware or a website that you have visited has redirected your browser to the Vonsoocm site. Untrustworthy sites may display harmful ads that redirect your browser to Vonsoocm to generate revenue. However, if you continuously see pop-ups from Vonsoocm, then your computer might be infected with a malicious program, and it will be necessary to scan your device for malware and remove it. Experiencing issues caused by traits such as Vonsoocm on a targeted device can be distressing. It not only prevents access to web sessions, but it may also result in even more severe consequences in the long run. Therefore, it is essential for users to protect themselves against such intrusions in the future.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Usually accompanied by a vast number of online ads such as popups, banners, box messages, in-text links, and others.|
|Distribution Method||Program bundles obtained from dubious download sources such as file-sharing platforms, torrent sites, and similar.|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Vonsoocm!
How to remove Vonsoocm
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Vonsoocm in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Vonsoocm from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Vonsoocm.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Vonsoocm.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Vonsoocm from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Vonsoocm extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Vonsoocm and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Vonsoocm on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Vonsoocm extension
- Get rid of Vonsoocm by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Vonsoocm” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Vonsoocm
- Open task manager
- Look for the Vonsoocm process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Vonsoocm
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Vonsoocm” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Vonsoocm
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Vonsoocm in there
- Uninstall Vonsoocm from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Vonsoocm-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Vonsoocm in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is Vonsoocm?
Vonsoocm is a form of malware that can create a multitude of unfavorable problems within compromised systems. Although some do not view it as a destructive virus because it is not designed to damage the device, it can still cause inconvenience and potentially compromise the user’s online security. Furthermore, it may indirectly expose their system to more dangerous forms of viruses and malware.
Browser hijackers, like Sensiblemoth and Goseraches.gg , or adware like Grand Explorer, can make computers more vulnerable to other types of attacks. This is due to their tendency to disable antivirus software, firewalls, and other security measures that safeguard systems from malware and other types of attacks.
Is Vonsoocm a virus?
Vonsoocm can serve as a tool to install other types of malware on a computer, including adware, spyware, and even ransomware. These types of malware can cause even greater harm, such as stealing files, encrypting them, and demanding a ransom to unlock them.
Additionally, browser-based infections like Vonsoocm are frequently designed to collect users’ personal data, such as browsing history, search queries, and login credentials. This information can be used for identity theft, fraud, and other malicious activities.
For these reasons, Vonsoocm is still regarded as a dangerous computer virus and must be removed from the system as soon as possible.
Leave a Comment